What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier to just keep it how it is, because bringing the subjectivity of "was it blatant? was it not?" into during-the-game decisions would give the umpires even more to think about, and open them up for even more scrutiny.
I like the current umpiring tbh, I just hate how players are scared to tackle anyone who's even a little bit low and most of all I hate ducking.

Then we can't tamper with the rules per year to bend the game, to our perception of making it more attractive to the punter and then make more rules because our previous changes backfired.

Gillon made his first major **** up. You can't have the governing body seek talks with coaches to make the game more attractive, well you can if you want a scripted game. I really hope they just let coaches you know actually coach and create game plans which will be countered with other coaches creating game plans to beat them rather than trying to quicken the game or slow it down via new rules. It is sport right?

Where is football at?

That no matter what happens, you accept the umpire or tribunals decision and move on.
Crap you do

You stand up and say we are not going to play under these crap rules

The players adoption needs to call and urgent general meeting of all players

Ask them do they support the current rules in regards to our game being tuned into netball and frankly making it more unsafe

I would live if the players strikes over this one

I would be so proud of every player if they stroked over this and agree to not play untill the rules are changed

A committee of players is formed and they have the say on how contact is to be governed .....if they don't

Don't play....the afl would soon listen as it would cost millions per round in advertising and catering if the players went on strike

That would be an awesome thing

Crap you do

You stand up and say we are not going to play under these crap rules

The players adoption needs to call and urgent general meeting of all players

Ask them do they support the current rules in regards to our game being tuned into netball and frankly making it more unsafe

I would live if the players strikes over this one

I would be so proud of every player if they stroked over this and agree to not play untill the rules are changed

A committee of players is formed and they have the say on how contact is to be governed .....if they don't

Don't play....the afl would soon listen as it would cost millions per round in advertising and catering if the players went on strike

That would be an awesome thing

And so the lunatics would definitely be running the asylum then.

The courageous thing to do is humbly say the Tribunal has acted independently and fairly and I'm going to take my punishment on the chin like a man, learn from my actions and consequences and then in 2 weeks come back and play at my best.

The last thing the game needs right now is to have independent processes have outside interference on them and the integrity of those processes remotely questioned.

Anyone who thinks differently doesn't give a s**t about the game and is being selfish.

And so the lunatics would definitely be running the asylum then.

The courageous thing to do is humbly say the Tribunal has acted independently and fairly and I'm going to take my punishment on the chin like a man, learn from my actions and consequences and then in 2 weeks come back and play at my best.

The last thing the game needs right now is to have independent processes have outside interference on them and the integrity of those processes remotely questioned.

Anyone who thinks differently doesn't give a s**t about the game and is being selfish.

I think the players have every right to now claim they are working in unreasonable conditions

By trying to make the game safer by not have collisions we will see players baulk and stop and guess what happens then

You get more injured

Clearly you have not played the game

I think the players have every right to now claim they are working in unreasonable conditions

By trying to make the game safer by not have collisions we will see players baulk and stop and guess what happens then

You get more injured

Clearly you have not played the game

I played at junior level and wasn't that good. I'll admit that.

The baulk is virtually a dead art from the game that is missing. You might only see maybe one decent baulk/blind turn a game now. It's a lost skill.

I played at junior level and wasn't that good. I'll admit that.

The baulk is virtually a dead art from the game that is missing. You might only see maybe one decent baulk/blind turn a game now. It's a lost skill.
You do a line turn when you have the ball

If you did a blind turn without the ball in that situation you would

A look stupid

B - potentially injure someone else

C - get injured yourself

D - get laughed at by the crowd and taunted by opposition and be playing reserves for a month

E have not chance of see what happens ...when you turn so do your eyes and you lose focus of what is the objective in footy - the ball

If Viney had just stopped and waited he would have got hit front on and been cleaned up and he would be the one injured .....

You teach players to that if there is going to be contact that you try to minimise it ..which he did

He did what we have been teaching for a hundred years ....you can't simply change the rule overnight like they have

For mine the afl have lost the plot on this one, my argument is we will see more injuries now. When you try to stop or avoid completely you are then vulnerable to someone else hitting you

The game is played at hurtling speed ....not on a slow motion on a bloody flat screen ...he had a millisecond to decide and when you have that short amount of time you do what has been ingrained and taught to you as a kid ...minimise contact and protect yourself ....

We must grab every coaching manual in every football club on the land today and throw it in the shredder as it's completely useless going but we are now told from this

What in the hell do we teach now .....?

You se this isn't a one off incident , look at the bigger picture .....wha do we want players to do just stand there and not protect themselves when a collision is about to happen?

You do a line turn when you have the ball

If you did a blind turn without the ball in that situation you would

A look stupid

B - potentially injure someone else

C - get injured yourself

D - get laughed at by the crowd and taunted by opposition and be playing reserves for a month

E have not chance of see what happens ...when you turn so do your eyes and you lose focus of what is the objective in footy - the ball

If Viney had just stopped and waited he would have got hit front on and been cleaned up and he would be the one injured .....

You teach players to that if there is going to be contact that you try to minimise it ..which he did

He did what we have been teaching for a hundred years ....you can't simply change the rule overnight like they have

For mine the afl have lost the plot on this one, my argument is we will see more injuries now. When you try to stop or avoid completely you are then vulnerable to someone else hitting you

The game is played at hurtling speed ....not on a slow motion on a bloody flat screen ...he had a millisecond to decide and when you have that short amount of time you do what has been ingrained and taught to you as a kid ...minimise contact and protect yourself ....

We must grab every coaching manual in every football club on the land today and throw it in the shredder as it's completely useless going but we are now told from this

What in the hell do we teach now .....?

You se this isn't a one off incident , look at the bigger picture .....wha do we want players to do just stand there and not protect themselves when a collision is about to happen?

Make the ball the primary objective and be prepared to put yourself on the line.

He chose to bump..therefore he took the weakest and least courageous option. FACT.

Take your punishment on the chin son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when has bumping a player ever been considered courageous play?

Courageous play is going after the ball and laying it on the line.

Which is why he was in that positition to start with.
He hunted the ball, the bounce went towards Lynch.

I wouldnt say it was courageous, but it certainly wasnt not courageous.

low scoring games and rolling mauls are far easier and more enjoyable to watch.

end-to-end madness looks stupid.
How is that unpopular. Makes it a real game of intellect and defensive mind set as opposed to aerial ping pong or whatever it's called.

I think it's really unpopular, people are always whinging about the rolling mauls.
Yeah I do hear it in the media, but I assumed they just wanted more ads, more "amazing goals to call". But in reality most people I know agree with your original comment.

Make the ball the primary objective and be prepared to put yourself on the line.

He chose to bump..therefore he took the weakest and least courageous option. FACT.

Take your punishment on the chin son.
He didn't choose to bump, he was going to pick the ball up but it bounced towards Lynch but they were both running full tilt, Viney in the fraction of a second did what any human does and braces for inevitable contact

55037_77b653e4ba8c21dbdfc244d2acac2d30.jpg

I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back