Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If a player marks the ball or gets a free deep in the pocket and tries to con the umpire by going off the line to make the angle better it should be called play on - just like it is in every other part of the ground.
Ump has usually blown time off, so it cannot be play on.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gary Moorcrofts Mark of the Year is the most overrated highlight in history of the sport. The height at which the ball was grabbed was barely 8 feet high, and several times per normal AFL game a mark is taken that high. One short arse, jumped off the middle of another short arses back with outstretched arms.

As a comparison, if he were on a basketball court his hands barely touched the bottom of the net.
If he had just stayed where he was, he would have taken a chest mark.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Themed round (Indigenous, pride, etc) are necessary.

Once upon a time you'd have found me saying "footy and politics should be separate". Clicked onto Instagram post about the Swans' pride guernsey that they're wearing. 90% of the comments were crook as, and made me realise these little shitheads need their noses rubbed in it.

Last edited:

Every time Kelly Underwood commentates, every drongo comes out of the woodwork to s**t on her even though she is a far better and more interesting caller than Darcy, Basil, Dwayne, Eddie etc.

The fact is that some men are very insecure about women calling the game, which says alot about them.

Last edited:
Every time Kelly Underwood commentates, every drongo comes out of the wood to sh*t on her even though she is a far better and more interesting caller than Darcy, Basil, Dwayne, Eddie etc.

The fact is that some men are very insecure about women calling the game, which says alot about them.
Only possible explanation… :rolleyes:

There should be 2 lots of benches on either sides of the ground so that you don't get caught out not being able to get on when the play is on the other side of the ground for a long period of time. How creative and how you regulate that I'm not too sure

This is far from unpopular, but they did trial this about 3 or 4 pre-seasons ago during a few practice games and it was an absolute disaster for all concerned.

In one match I also recall they used the opposing wing for players just for exit only, but it was still too difficult to effectively manage...

I think Rocket Eade was at one of these matches because i remember him on SEN in fits of laugher talking about the umps having to stop the game a few times before center bounces and discovered than one team had 19 players on the ground while the other had only 16 etc...

Next commentator who uses the word "superstar" should be put in gaol.
(I'm looking at you Luke Darcy).

No current player in the AFL is a "superstar".
I assume he and Hamish haven't actually flown to Tokyo for the Olympic coverage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next commentator who uses the word "superstar" should be put in gaol.
(I'm looking at you Luke Darcy).

No current player in the AFL is a "superstar".
The word is over used but there is 1000% superstars in the AFL

Buddy Franklin and Dusty are walk in legend status of the AFL. Buddy is arguably the greatest forward and Dusty arguably the GOAT.

plus two time brownlow medalist Fyfe. Bont is near that level if he wins a second premiership and a brownlow.

Scoring system should be most goals wins with behinds as a tie breaker. 10.8 should win over 9.19. Draws only if both goals and behinds are equal.

Every time Kelly Underwood commentates, every drongo comes out of the woodwork to sh*t on her even though she is a far better and more interesting caller than Darcy, Basil, Dwayne, Eddie etc.

Look i have no doubt that is the case for some sad sack men, however all those guys you mentioned also get shat on all the time.

AFL commentators are probably the worst sports callers i have heard across all sports i follow (a lot).

Full forwards need to be big is misguided.
Being big is an advantage but not the priority.

They should be good at leading, marking and kicking set shots.

When guys like mark lecras and mark williams got to play full forward they kicked 60+ goals.

everyone sucks s**t at this, the more likes your post has the more youve failed tbh

- Buddy Franklin is the greatest player of all time. Tied for most AAs at 8, kicking 1000 goals in the modern era and 4 Coleman medals is elite. He is also the perfect example of why the Brownlow is a s**t medal.

- The idea that modern players are pissweak compared to 80s players is perpetuated by tiny men and boomers. Modern players are far taller/more muscle mass and the reality is in 95% of fights the bigger bloke will win, which small people can't cope with.

- setting up the suns was the right move and the AFL should be doing everything in their power to prop them up and ensure they have independent sustained success in the long term

- jr is a far far superior player to sr, and the fact that jr was inherently disadvantaged by having sr as a father makes it even more impressive

- fyfe is overrated

Themed round (Indigenous, pride, etc) are necessary.

Once upon a time you'd have found me saying "footy and politics should be separate". Clicked onto Instagram post about the Swans' pride guernsey that they're wearing. 90% of the comments were crook as, and made me realise these little shitheads need their noses rubbed in it.
I hate these BS themed rounds. Just a PR exercise in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back