Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Tom Lynch should act more humble at Richmond. He acts like a glamour forward, trash talking his opponents, whinging to umpires, over celebrating. He wasn't like that at Gold Coast was he? I would be more okay with it next year, after he had some finals success.

Players need to stop being like robots.

Players need to stop showing some character.

What the * do we want people?

We have three songs .Joker and the Theif when the team comes onto the field.Eagle Rock gets played twice after a win and the Eagles song .So two out of three aint bad.
They don't do those at away games.

Its awkward standing in a group of crows or power fans half weirdly singing our song.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like Tom Lynch should act more humble at Richmond. He acts like a glamour forward, trash talking his opponents, whinging to umpires, over celebrating. He wasn't like that at Gold Coast was he? I would be more okay with it next year, after he had some finals success.

I absolutely hate this mindset - the downplaying, wet blanket, Tall Poppy syndrome, "gotta be humble", "don't get ahead of yourself" crap - in football and in life.

Last edited:
Not unpopular but I hate our (West Coast) song.

It always just feels awkward to sing it at games.

It doesnt have the same feel as the old school songs.

Reckon we need to make a real simple song fans can just belt out.

Or just have the Chorus twice no fake crowd noise and opera singers

Remember though most of the older ones are piggybacking on tunes from more popular songs with the words changed, not made from scratch.

Not unpopular but I hate our (West Coast) song.

It always just feels awkward to sing it at games.

It doesnt have the same feel as the old school songs.

Reckon we need to make a real simple song fans can just belt out.

Or just have the Chorus twice no fake crowd noise and opera singers

There are a lot of great old WA songs maybe we just change the lyrics from a timeless classic like every other club has done.
-what about --
The Eagles are the dudes
Awsome footy dudes
Your daddy thinks thats insane
I like it both ways.

I like the Crows theme song. Reckon it's one of the best in the comp.
I like the GWS song too.

I like the Crows song too, also think it's one of the best, especially the 'Go Crows' bit at the end :D It was the last of the old style songs. All the teams that came into the comp subsequently have awful made up songs (so I'm not with you on the second point). Crows song is based on the US Marines' Hymn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's unpopular or popular but talking about ladder positions when teams have games in hand gives me the absolute shits. Richmond play Carlton tomorrow and will more than likely win, pushing Collingwood back to 5th, yet the AFL website and other media outlets run with the 'PIES IN THE TOP 4'. Pls stop it.

Not sure if it's unpopular or popular but talking about ladder positions when teams have games in hand gives me the absolute s**ts. Richmond play Carlton tomorrow and will more than likely win, pushing Collingwood back to 5th, yet the AFL website and other media outlets run with the 'PIES IN THE TOP 4'. Pls stop it.

On a similar note, live ladders.

Carlton kick the first goal vs Richmond... “wow, when we check the live ladder the blues have climbed out of the bottom 3, and Richmond have slipped all the way to 6th”

Yeah, no. Unless it’s round 22 and two teams are vying for percentage a la Adelaide and Port right now it’s pointless and irrelevant

On a similar note, live ladders.

Carlton kick the first goal vs Richmond... “wow, when we check the live ladder the blues have climbed out of the bottom 3, and Richmond have slipped all the way to 6th”

Yeah, no. Unless it’s round 22 and two teams are vying for percentage a la Adelaide and Port right now it’s pointless and irrelevant
Yep, this as well.

I don’t mean to kick Essendon while they are down, as im not even watching the game, however Andrew Mcgrath doesn’t really scream pick 1 footballer to me just quite yet despite winning the rising star. Seems more like a round 1 pick 8-16 type who will play alot of decent games consistently.

I don’t mean to kick Essendon while they are down, as im not even watching the game, however Andrew Mcgrath doesn’t really scream pick 1 footballer to me just quite yet despite winning the rising star. Seems more like a round 1 pick 8-16 type who will play alot of decent games consistently.
i think thats a pretty popular opinion at the moment, most seem to think he'll be a solid 200+ game player/potential captain etc but never truly elite

That’s my biggest beef with the Rising Star award - it’s meant to be predictive, but is voted for on the basis of first year output. With that predictive nature in mind, I have no idea why there’s a fairest component attached to it either.

That’s my biggest beef with the Rising Star award - it’s meant to be predictive, but is voted for on the basis of first year output. With that predictive nature in mind, I have no idea why there’s a fairest component attached to it either.
Since when is it supposed to be predictive?

Andrew McGrath is neither a failure of a no.1 pick, nor is he a failure in comparison to some of the other Rising star winners.

That's just not true. It's not supposed to be predictive at all. Its entirely based off the first year.

Sandra Sully with the late news

i think thats a pretty popular opinion at the moment, most seem to think he'll be a solid 200+ game player/potential captain etc but never truly elite
Then it makes me wonder why he was drafted at pick 1, he’s become somewhat predictable for a footballer of his size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back