Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember back in the early 2000s watching Saturday night double-headers. Can't remember if the second televised game at 1030 was a replay or live from WA
Would have been replays. I rarely missed attending a west coast game at subiaco and they never started at 830pm perth time.

It doesn’t bother me that Melbourne has so many team, that the fixture is lopsided and contrived, and that grand finals are at mcg for next eleventy billion years.

However i think that both teams in grand final should be required to stay in hotels for the 2-3 nights before grand final day so no matter where you are from you dont get to sleep in your own bed and have that advantage.

No, there is actually a South Melbourne Districts football club.

Formed in 1912, so it is clear that they and the South Melbourne Football Club are seperate clubs.

I'm not sure if it has legitimacy over the South name though.

Many Districts players went on to play for the Swans at Lakeside Oval. South Melbourne Football Club players who couldn't get a game in the seconds and thirds for South Melbourne played for the Districts club. In the late 1920's, South Districts also donated 40 Guineas to South Melbourne Football Club to stop them from folding.

Formed in 1912, so it is clear that they and the South Melbourne Football Club are seperate clubs.

Many Districts players went on to play for the Swans at Lakeside Oval. South Melbourne Football Club players who couldn't get a game in the seconds and thirds for South Melbourne played for the Districts club. In the late 1920's, South Districts also donated 40 Guineas to South Melbourne Football Club to stop them from folding.
Hmm, so basically Souths brother in a way.
Its sounds like its SMFCs lower league representative.
I suppose if they want to claim the name they could try. Kind of like how you went from the Reds to just Fitzroy.

Despite what a lot of freo supporters think the WA media absolutely panders and mollycoddles them.. They are actually gagging for them to do well.

Freo are only given a fraction of the criticism they deserve and any decent win against good opposition is over hyped, especially early in the season. The WA media absolutely parrots the excuses and rebuild propaganda the club makes.
Oh dear. You really need to do some research here mate. The Media and West Coast are literally run by the same people. I'll get you started:
Chris Wharton
headshot-board-cw.jpg
Starting his career as a journalist, Chris worked across several areas of newspaper management in Sydney before being appointed chief executive of Perth’s Community Newspaper Group in 1995. He was later appointed managing director of Channel 7 Perth for nine years before becoming chief executive of West Australian Newspapers in 2008.
As CEO, Chris was responsible for all Seven West Media assets in Western Australia: The West Australian, West Regional Publications (23 mastheads), its online properties, WA Publishers, Redwave Media (nine regional radio licence areas) and Channel 7 Perth, before resigning as CEO of Seven West Media in 2017.
He joined the West Coast Eagles board in November, 2013.

I suppose if they want to claim the name they could try. Kind of like how you went from the Reds to just Fitzroy.

Once again.

In December 2008, at the instigation of the then Fitzroy (University) Reds president Craig Little, the University Reds Football Club (known as the 'Fitzroy' Reds from 1997) transferred all its assets to the Fitzroy Football Club (formed 1883). The University (Fitzroy) Reds terminated its membership of the VAFA and was wound up as a incorporated company and football club.

By special dispensation from the VAFA, the Fitzroy Football Club (formed 1883) then replaced the Fitzroy [University] Reds in D-Grade [Premier D] VAFA. Dyson Hore-Lacy, chairman of Fitzroy in 1996, became chairman of the Club in the VAFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again.

In December 2008, at the instigation of the then Fitzroy (University) Reds president Craig Little, the University Reds Football Club (known as the 'Fitzroy' Reds from 1997) transferred all its assets to the Fitzroy Football Club (formed 1883). The University (Fitzroy) Reds terminated its membership of the VAFA and was wound up as a incorporated company and football club.

By special dispensation from the VAFA, the Fitzroy Football Club (formed 1883) then replaced the Fitzroy [University] Reds in D-Grade [Premier D] VAFA. Dyson Hore-Lacy, chairman of Fitzroy in 1996, became chairman of the Club in the VAFA.
Sorry.
I was being very brief and vague.
I think you get what I mean though?.

Last edited:
Sorry.
I was being very brief and vague.
I think you get what I mean though?.

Not really.

South Melbourne Football Club (est. 1874) is in Sydney. Different club from South Melbourne Districts.
Fitzroy Football Club (est. 1883) is in Fitzroy. Same club.

Not really.

South Melbourne Football Club (est. 1874) is in Sydney. Different club from South Melbourne Districts.
Fitzroy Football Club (est. 1883) is in Fitzroy. Same club.
I get what you mean, I'm doing it in a simpler way rather than going in too deep.
What I mean is that SMDFC could get together with Sydney and align themselves together, similar to how VFL clubs align themselves to AFL clubs.
Do you get what I mean?.

Oh dear. You really need to do some research here mate. The Media and West Coast are literally run by the same people. I'll get you started:
Chris Wharton
headshot-board-cw.jpg
Starting his career as a journalist, Chris worked across several areas of newspaper management in Sydney before being appointed chief executive of Perth’s Community Newspaper Group in 1995. He was later appointed managing director of Channel 7 Perth for nine years before becoming chief executive of West Australian Newspapers in 2008.
As CEO, Chris was responsible for all Seven West Media assets in Western Australia: The West Australian, West Regional Publications (23 mastheads), its online properties, WA Publishers, Redwave Media (nine regional radio licence areas) and Channel 7 Perth, before resigning as CEO of Seven West Media in 2017.
He joined the West Coast Eagles board in November, 2013.

oh dear its a conspiracy

Chief footy writer for the west : freo supporter
Bridget Lacy: freo supporter
Basil: freo supporter
WA footy show: hosted by Scott Watters and Michael Barlow
WA fox footy Rep: Pavlich
Fox footy host: Neroli Meadows: freo supporter
Radio: Brad Hardie: Hates the Eagles, likes freo far more
Crumpet face: hates everyone..will sink the boot into the Eagles as fast as anyone
Adrian Barich: Massive freo sympathizer

but but The West Coast Media !!! who ???

if the Eagles were a joke like freo we would get 100 times the criticism..its not an opinion. The WA media have shown it everytime we are bottom 8, have a bad loss or some sort of scandal

The WA media would be lining up to kick us daily if we have lost the last 9 derbies

oh dear its a conspiracy

WA footy show: hosted by Scott Watters and Michael Barlow
WA fox footy Rep: Pavlich
Fox footy host: Neroli Meadows: freo supporter
Radio: Brad Hardie: Hates the Eagles, likes freo far more
Crumpet face: hates everyone..will sink the boot into the Eagles as fast as anyone
Adrian Barich: Massive freo sympathizer

if the Eagles were a joke like freo we would get 100 times the criticism..its not an opinion. The WA media have shown it everytime we are bottom 8, have a bad loss or some sort of scandal

The WA media would be lining up to kick us daily if we have lost the last 9 derbies
check your facts man meadows is gone, brad hardie likes south fremantle not fremantle. crumpet hates freo more. Adrian barich is a massive eagles fan he enjoys sinking the boot in on twitter.
Have you ever read the west

Everytime theirs a scandal the media sink the boot in no matter the team you guys seem to have more public ones.
Those fake articles about hogan last season and this season.
Early 2000s though everyone knew the eagles were on drugs but it wasn't being reported.

freo supporters do cling to their little lies
didn’t you think there was some sort of conspiracy with rioli being an idiot with his drug test. And it isn’t a lie about you being obsessed with us, at every opportunity you dribble s**t and if a Freo fan responds you claim they’re obsessed with the Eagles

:drunk:
check your facts man meadows is gone, brad hardie likes south fremantle not fremantle. crumpet hates freo more. Adrian barich is a massive eagles fan he enjoys sinking the boot in on twitter.

Everytime theirs a scandal the media sink the boot in no matter the team you guys seem to have more public ones.
Early 2000s though everyone knew the eagles were on drugs but it wasn't being reported.

yeah we have witnessed a proliferation of anti freo sentiment in the 3 days since Meadows was sacked:rolleyes:
and lol the fake articles about Hogan

and the drug saga 100% proves my point.. Once the bandaid was ripped off it was 2 plus years of the WA media regurgitating and pounding the Eagles with the same story

we would be crucified if we were a joke club like you blokes..Bottom four 3 years running, endless massive defeats. Conceded 25 goals in row one game. Sacked coaches, sacked CEO's, far more scandals...absolute fraction of the criticism you should be getting

didn’t you think there was some sort of conspiracy with rioli being an idiot with his drug test. And it isn’t a lie about you being obsessed with us, at every opportunity you dribble s**t and if a Freo fan responds you claim they’re obsessed with the Eagles

It's always one or two variations of the same post going back many years and many banned accounts. I have theorised before that he/it is a spambot since I can't believe a real person could be so deranged and excruciatingly unimaginative.

I don't think I'd enjoy Nic Nats book

Burn the heretic

Everyone knowing something isn't a reportable fact, its gossip. A failed drug test is a reportable fact, running away from a police stop is a reportable fact. Saying people are on drugs 'because everybody just knows' is a law suit you are going to lose.

Every fact they could report, they reported, so try again.

oh dear its a conspiracy

Stopped reading here. Basil works for West Coast. Maybe do some research? Here - I'll help you out, but just this one last time. You obviously have in internet yourself. Google is your friend.

"Mr. Channel 7, Basil Zempilas took our first year boys through some media training yesterday...
Take a look --> http://bit.ly/Bas1styrs "

C5PJAIaUcAA3UHV.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back