Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Fremantle have been in the competition long enough for me .They have proven that their culture and attitude is not up to a standard that will succeed in the AFL.
Wouldn't mind seeing them fold and West Coast be the only WA team.

That's better

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Being an active member on both here and Reddit's AFL community all I can say is that you guys could learn a lot from the guys on Reddit. The community as a whole is 10x more positive on there than it is here. Over on Reddit:
. Everyone is positive and treats each other with respect
. Teams with rivalries don't start shitfights with each other for no reason
. Trolls and people who cause drama are immediately banned. So many trolls on here that should be segregated to the bay.

Y'all should learn from the AFL fans on Reddit.

Ok mr negative

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Being an active member on both here and Reddit's AFL community all I can say is that you guys could learn a lot from the guys on Reddit. The community as a whole is 10x more positive on there than it is here. Over on Reddit:
. Trolls and people who cause drama are immediately banned. So many trolls on here that should be segregated to the bay.

Here's a neat trick, let me summarise literally every match thread throughout the season on Reddit:

"Royal commission into umpires"
"This is beyond a joke, what are these umpires doing"
"How was that a free kick"

I use both, but holy s**t the superiority complex from some users in the Reddit AFL community is ridiculous. Act like Bigfooty is full of nuffies and toxic people when it's literally the exact same over there. Reddit is basically just Bigfooty minus the quality draft info, but with extra "look at this s**t drawing I made, give me upvotes"

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Basically a lame ass boyfriend club.With super dooper sweeties who say things like-"you guys are like a family to me.Love you all."

- Oddly enough I have been shadow banned from r/afl.A shadow ban is a ban usually put on spammers and bots and crap like that were your post cant be seen by anyone except you.Very devious .The shadow ban happened after the Andrew Gaff incident .I was on the train home from the game and browsing all the vitriol the losers were throwing out and just happened to post something fairly inoffensive and then - bullshit !! Shadow Banned .Certainly a very wierd ass reaction from that site.Their loss I say.

Last edited:

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
They all hold the same circlejerked opinions and you get downvoted to oblivion if you dare oppose such views. Threads are also filled with pointless time-wasting comments posted to farm karma such as "I like this guy" or "subscribe".
Exactly. There's not a lot of debating opinions. Generally the "against the grain" posts are just met with downvotes and dismissed by people saying "Imagine having take" or something.

God forbid you say something negative about Fremantle there, too. That sub has some weird obsession with defending them.

Basically a lame ass boyfriend club.With super dooper sweeties who say things like-"you guys are like a family to me.Love you all."

- Oddly enough I have been shadow banned from r/afl.A shadow ban is a ban usually put on spammers and bots and crap like that were your post cant be seen by anyone except you.Very devious .The shadow ban happened after the Andrew Gaff incident .I was on the train home from the game and browsing all the vitriol the losers were throwing out and just happened to post something fairly inoffensive and then - bullshit !! Shadow Banned .Certainly a very wierd ass reaction from that site.Their loss I say.
Mods are the biggest pussies. They just shadowban instead of an actual ban, or a warning. Pathetic.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Oddly enough I have been shadow banned from r/afl.A shadow ban is a ban usually put on spammers and bots and crap like that were your post cant be seen by anyone except you.Very devious .The shadow ban happened after the Andrew Gaff incident .I was on the train home from the game and browsing all the vitriol the losers were throwing out and just happened to post something fairly inoffensive and then - bullshit !! Shadow Banned .Certainly a very wierd ass reaction from that site.Their loss I say.

lmao

They could definitely use your well-reasoned analysis, loveable nature and immaculate punctuation. It's a privilege reading your posts on here :rainbow:

Your zen-like ability to discuss Freo in an unbiased manner is particularly endearing

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
lmao

They could definitely use your well-reasoned analysis, loveable nature and immaculate punctuation. It's a privilege reading your posts on here :rainbow:

Your zen-like ability to discuss Freo in an unbiased manner is particularly endearing
personal attack who dat ?.Big surspise its a standard typical fremantle type lel (tickle tickle honey boy) . and your clubs not good enough to be in the AfL

-shadow bans on reddit sub reddits are easy enough to remove.You just pm a moderator and say your a real person and they are suppossed to sort it.I personally won't bother given the standard of that place.

Last edited:
* r/AFL. Like the rest of Reddit, everyone is just clamoring for upvotes. We have a like system here, but people don't whore themselves out as much for them by posting inane, soppy bullshit all the time.

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia

Attachments

• F13DE57D-E192-4002-8097-A2083AD972AF.jpeg
    F13DE57D-E192-4002-8097-A2083AD972AF.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 107

TP86

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Now would be the perfect time to revive AFLX as the game format for the bushfire charity fundraiser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Here's a neat trick, let me summarise literally every match thread throughout the season on Reddit:

"Royal commission into umpires"
"This is beyond a joke, what are these umpires doing"
"How was that a free kick"

I use both, but holy s**t the superiority complex from some users in the Reddit AFL community is ridiculous. Act like Bigfooty is full of nuffies and toxic people when it's literally the exact same over there. Reddit is basically just Bigfooty minus the quality draft info, but with extra "look at this s**t drawing I made, give me upvotes"

bring back r.s.f.a

Godchin

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Everyone being positive on reddit is such a bullshit facade. You don't get upvotes for being a miserable killjoy. The cheeriness on reddit is so over-the-top and fake to the point where it's disturbing. I never see exclamation marks (!) anywhere on the internet except for on reddit. "I hope you like this picture I drew!", "My girlfriend painted this for me. I thought I'd share it with you guys!". Spare me.

We're in a thread right now that is on its second part (over 11,000 posts) with nothing but people posting unpopular opinions. Do you not see the irony in that? If the majority of these opinions were posted on reddit, they'd never see the light of day. They'd be downvoted to oblivion or deleted and nobody would ever see them. There's a certain way to post on reddit in regards to the tone and the content. Everyone has to tow the line and everyone knows what it is and how to do it. All the "individuals" in the reddit community have adopted this lame, cookie cutter persona which is purely designed to be as inoffensive as possible.

I would safely make the assumption that you're a redditor just because you said "y'all". You've adopted the word into your lexicon just like you've adopted the reddit personality. I would assume that you've already seen the latest Star Wars flick, you probably watch Rick and Morty, you still play video games, you think Elon Musk is cool, you lean left when it comes to politics, you have nostalgia for the 90's, you take an interest in pop-science and so and so forth.

Give me the bogans and the scholars and the nuffs and the contrarians and the trolls of Bigfooty over the milquetoast "personalities" on reddit any day of the week.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Everyone being positive on reddit is such a bullshit facade. You don't get upvotes for being a miserable killjoy. The cheeriness on reddit is so over-the-top and fake to the point where it's disturbing. I never see exclamation marks (!) anywhere on the internet except for on reddit. "I hope you like this picture I drew!", "My girlfriend painted this for me. I thought I'd share it with you guys!". Spare me.

We're in a thread right now that is on its second part (over 11,000 posts) with nothing but people posting unpopular opinions. Do you not see the irony in that? If the majority of these opinions were posted on reddit, they'd never see the light of day. They'd be downvoted to oblivion or deleted and nobody would ever see them. There's a certain way to post on reddit in regards to the tone and the content. Everyone has to tow the line and everyone knows what it is and how to do it. All the "individuals" in the reddit community have adopted this lame, cookie cutter persona which is purely designed to be as inoffensive as possible.

I would safely make the assumption that you're a redditor just because you said "y'all". You've adopted the word into your lexicon just like you've adopted the reddit personality. I would assume that you've already seen the latest Star Wars flick, you probably watch Rick and Morty, you still play video games, you think Elon Musk is cool, you lean left when it comes to politics, you have nostalgia for the 90's, you take an interest in pop-science and so and so forth.

Give me the bogans and the scholars and the nuffs and the contrarians and the trolls of Bigfooty over the milquetoast "personalities" on reddit any day of the week.
. Seen Star Wars yes
. Never watched Rick & Morty in my life
. I play video games sometimes
. I don't lean left or right I'm neutral
. Don't know enough about Elon Musk to care
. Science is boring as hell
. I prefer early 2000's over the 90s.

But hey that's just me.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

3ad.jpg

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Well said. Reddit users are just your typical late teen/early 20's posters who lean left and really know nothing about Footy.

I imagine them all looking like this bloke https://www.facebook.com/thebevshow/

Back