Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably been said time after time, womens footy is absolute crap to watch because their skills are laughable......

Any thoughts on Danny Frawley?

Alex Rance retired because he knew he was going to get divorce.

I'm no longer earn a living therefore no ongoing alimony.

Like Gary Ablett snr when he first retired.

Once Rance's divorce is finalised then he will make a comeback

I think a few people have posted something similar, but it’s now mid-January and I can honestly say I haven’t missed the footy.

Few caveats:
- I like US sports so that fills some of the time
- I have three young kids so that takes care of a lot of spare time
- I’m happy to watch most sports so have got into BBL, NBL and can almost stomach the A League for 15 mins or so.

My guess is a lot of people have Foxtel or Kayo or similar, so the third point is relevant for them too - but maybe not. I’ll be into the footy as usual come March but i don’t think I’ve checked afl websites for a couple of months and pretty much anytime I’ve been on here has been for non-footy boards, whereas a few years back I’d have been on preseason threads etc.

Hopefully this translates into me being calmer watching the dogs as I’m less invested, although I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Alex Rance retired because he knew he was going to get divorce.

I'm no longer earn a living therefore no ongoing alimony.

Like Gary Ablett snr when he first retired.

Once Rance's divorce is finalised then he will make a comeback
Alimony is not a thing in australia

The game should be 16 a side, slightly shorter and the rules should be simplified to try and achieve more black/white rules that aren’t open to interpretation.

Clarko was just on SEN talking about bringing the number of players on the field down to 16, among other things. Expect it to be the “hot topic” over the next week before the footy starts. Not sure why it got no media attention when I suggested it last year.

But seriously, I reckon it has merit. Would the game really suffer by taking your 2 shittest players off the park? Also opens the door a little for teams 19 and 20 too if they wanted to go down that path.

Clarko was just on SEN talking about bringing the number of players on the field down to 16, among other things. Expect it to be the “hot topic” over the next week before the footy starts. Not sure why it got no media attention when I suggested it last year.

But seriously, I reckon it has merit. Would the game really suffer by taking your 2 shittest players off the park? Also opens the door a little for teams 19 and 20 too if they wanted to go down that path.

Would be interesting to see if they kept going, take it down to 14 a side with 2 on the bench. Much harder to keep up a zone all game with those numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly because you're not a four-time premiership coach?

Bigfooty is just as horrible as all the media and anything that comes from the AFL as far as AFLW goes.
Any negative comments, any negative anything is shut down.
This is meant to be a forum for opinions but don't dare mention how terrible the skills are or how rubbish it is to watch, its like we are starting a new competition kindergarten v kindergarten so everyone needs to support it and if you disrespect it you are wrong.

Bigfooty is just as horrible as all the media and anything that comes from the AFL as far as AFLW goes.
This is meant to be a forum for opinions but don't dare mention how terrible the skills are or how rubbish it is to watch, its like we are starting a new competition kindergarten v kindergarten so everyone needs to support it and if you disrespect it you are wrong.
No one takes issue with people critiquing. It's the armchair expert, beer bellied, fat old men who make misogynistic comments at every opportunity that people have a problem with. Everyone knows the skills are relatively poor, but there's no need to bring it up when it's not even relevant

The only thing AFLW haters and vegans have in common is they can't ******* shut up about it.

No one takes issue with people critiquing.
Yes they ******* do lmao. I see you post all the time on Reddit. Don't tell me you actually believe critiquing the AFLW is acceptable there. Mention anything about the poor skill level or overweight players, and it's an instant downvote flurry with a report or two.

I'm s
Yes they ******* do lmao. I see you post all the time on Reddit. Don't tell me you actually believe critiquing the AFLW is acceptable there. Mention anything about the poor skill level or overweight players, and it's an instant downvote flurry with a report or two.
The well reasoned and timely criticisms of the AFLW are very few and far between. It's just 99% "hurr durr skill are terrible", "stop ramming it down my throat" and "the majority of people hate it, it won't last".

You can have your negative opinions of AFLW until the cows come home but don't cracks the sads when others have negative opinions about your opinion.

I'm s

The well reasoned and timely criticisms of the AFLW are very few and far between. It's just 99% "hurr durr skill are terrible", "stop ramming it down my throat" and "the majority of people hate it, it won't last".

You can have your negative opinions of AFLW until the cows come home but don't cracks the sads when others have negative opinions about your opinion.
Hey I'll admit a lot of posts are just the standard pathetic rhetoric, but I see many that aren't, too. The problem that I see is that whether you make a well thought out post, or a stupid post - the response is generally the same. Usually along the lines of a sexist/misogynist/incel/woman hater etc. At least is the trend on Reddit.

So, you can have your negative opinions about people with negative opinions - but don't crack the sads when other people have negative opinions about your negative opinions on their negative opinions.

Well that's just incorrect. I see valid criticism all the time that doesn't get instantly shut down, so I got no idea where you got that idea from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back