Media What unpopular SFA opinions do you have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? I thought the problem was the 6 weeks in between seasons. Not the season length.
Maybe for the hardcore addicted players but the general population gets bored pretty quick and they feel pressured to post for 5 months. 6 weeks off is good, there are plenty of other things to do here and practise games can be played any time..also survivor and werewolf. Even a gasbag like me has trouble posting for 17 weeks then finals.
I both disagree and agree.
It's too long for the average poster and you can see that people just want the last few weeks over so we can play finals.

I would make it just a top 4 instead of a top 8. Reduce the length of the finals series to just 2 weeks, and it would stop rewarding mediocre teams with losing records a finals berth.

As it stands if you miss finals you have to wait 4 weeks before the actual off-season starts, and by then you are pretty much already wanting the qooty to start up again.

I would make it just a top 4 instead of a top 8. Reduce the length of the finals series to just 2 weeks, and it would stop rewarding mediocre teams with losing records a finals berth.

As it stands if you miss finals you have to wait 4 weeks before the actual off-season starts, and by then you are pretty much already wanting the qooty to start up again.

Yep, if you miss finals that is 10 weeks without qooty.

No, unpopular.. A top 8 keeps more people involved and interested in finals, and since its a random simmed game you can't blame teams for being mediocre.

Except the lolwonders.

No, unpopular.. A top 8 keeps more people involved and interested in finals, and since its a random simmed game you can't blame teams for being mediocre.

Except the lolwonders.

There are only 12 teams, top 4 is more appropriate.

Except the lolwonders.
But imagine the melts when a team misses finals after winning 10+ games

But imagine the melts when a team misses finals after winning 10+ games
We don't need more reasons for some people to melt :straining:
17 weeks, plus finals plus awards is a drain on everyone..after you've played everyone once get into finals and award seasons..squeeze in more seasons but over a shorter time frame and if they run into Xmas and New Years so what..still a lot of people here at that time. The fact that erewolf games are running non stop people are posting more in those, and we even have a survivor game running on the main board shows you that people are looking for other things to do.

17 weeks, plus finals plus awards is a drain on everyone..after you've played everyone once get into finals and award seasons..squeeze in more seasons but over a shorter time frame and if they run into Xmas and New Years so what..still a lot of people here at that time. The fact that erewolf games are running non stop people are posting more in those, and we even have a survivor game running on the main board shows you that people are looking for other things to do.
I actually agree with the playing each team once. The fact that the sequence just continues from the previous season means that you are always playing the same teams in the same order which gets a bit stale. If you play each team once then there doesnt need to be continuity between each season so you could randomise the order of the match ups to make it a bit more interesting

I must be drunk. I thought this was a serious discussion in the committee room for a while there...
And? Probably 99% of people wont agree with me in here which is the whole point of this thread. Let the people throw rotten vergetables!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The constant werewolf games are part of the problem with people posting less though.

And? Probably 99% of people wont agree with me in here which is the whole point of this thread. Let the people throw rotten vergetables!

Im just saying I actually thought this was something we were debating on for a decision in the CR?

I forgot what thread I was in, besides your idea is not without its merits.

The constant werewolf games are part of the problem with people posting less though.

That is the most popular unpopular opinion I've seen around here.

Might as well blame team boards, Facebook and checking emails as well.

Werewolf is extremely popular, you cant stop that nor should we be telling people what they cant play or when. I do think having games on the main board during the season is a WTF but no one complained so I guess people dont mind.

Keep it as it is, just throw in bye rounds in the middle of the season.
Then it drags on even longer till finals and the season will run to almost 6 months. Sorry, unpopular!

Im just saying I actually thought this was something we were debating on for a decision in the CR?

I forgot what thread I was in, besides your idea is not without its merits.
No point discussing it in the committe till the season is over really so we have a proper perspective of how the 17 weeks went.

Werewolf is extremely popular, you cant stop that nor should we be telling people what they cant play or when. I do think having games on the main board during the season is a WTF but no one complained so I guess people dont mind.

That is why my opinion is unpopular :p.

One of our guys who hadn't posted in several weeks joined up in the survivor game and I was like wtf.

Take out a game and replace it with a bye.
Thats still 17 weeks..plus finals. The only difference is you'll piss people off more because they have to wait through a bye as well.

I think the 5 month season is ok for people who don't give a toss and just show up for a few posts a week and then dissapear, but for people who want to keep threads rolling and fun and interesting for new players it's too long. Shorten it and everyone will stay more interested.

Anyway thats my unpopular opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back