Essendon

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
Older style coaching mantra that doesn't fly with today's players? It's difficult to say without being a fly on the wall, but he did seem like he'd put a ....rocket.. up you more than is normal these days. He's not the first older coach to come back and struggle with younger playing groups.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was a terrible appointment from Day 1. But what on earth was he doing that actually had players desperate to get away from him?

Never knew things were that bad.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...b/news-story/0ffe85bbc3c10332275509460c161be8

Since he was announced Balwyn coach, Daniel Gorringe and Henry Schade have bailed on the club and not been back.
Might have more to do with the coach who was fired not the one who was hired.

Gorringe is a Marty Pask client. Schade may have been too?

They might've been playing there as part of an agreement or for a favour with Pask and have walked out when he was replaced.

Or they might not have got on well with Eade given he delisted/trade them away. Overall though given the results on field there hasn't been all too much negativity that I've seen about Eade. He might've been well past his best and the wrong appointment but I don't think many coaches could've done any better with what he inherited. An all round mess.

Love how Rocket recently hit media street bemoaning the lack of funding for football in Tas after having just been paid for three years for overseeing a club that is directly responsible for the lack of funds for Tas.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Love how Rocket recently hit media street bemoaning the lack of funding for football in Tas after having just been paid for three years for overseeing a club that is directly responsible for the lack of funds for Tas.

Not really.

You could argue that virtually any extra funds going to any of Vic, SA or WA are funds that could help Tasmania. It’s not like the AFL has spent its very last $20 million or something on the Suns. There is still plenty in the coffers I’d imagine.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who knows but it was amazing he got a senior gig after his debacle of a role at Collingwood.
Was probably hamstrung at the dogs (and suns) by that absolute fraud in Scott Clayton but it can't excuse all of his failures

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Eade was a shocking choice for Suns. His record at Dogs should have been a warning - skilled and soft was not what they needed to be.

Older style coaching mantra that doesn't fly with today's players? It's difficult to say without being a fly on the wall, but he did seem like he'd put a ....rocket.. up you more than is normal these days. He's not the first older coach to come back and struggle with younger playing groups.
This.

Eade was a screamer who burnt about every bridge along the way. These days it just doesn't cut it.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not sure how he was at the Doggies or the Suns but I know when he was at the Swans he had this ability to just rip into all the players. By all reports he was pretty nasty to them, calling them all names and making them do degrading tasks just to prove a point. You can say man up, etc, but when you head into work every day and your boss is the one always putting you down it weighs on you.

In Roos latest book he talks about Rockets last day in charge at the Swans, made the players cancel their day off to come in and train (it was initiated by the board). He got the players to do the 'scarecrow'. You stand there with your arms up and whoever lets their arms drop losses. Went on for hours, players were exhausted come the end. In all honesty what was he trying to achieve but to degrade or punish his players?

If that's the way he was at the Suns there's no way I'd want to play under him

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
suns made a blue replacing McKenna, their culture was sealed and they thought eade was the messiah. his appointment just messed everything up and set a culture of being a basket case. eade never seemed quite interested.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Not really.

You could argue that virtually any extra funds going to any of Vic, SA or WA are funds that could help Tasmania. It’s not like the AFL has spent its very last $20 million or something on the Suns. There is still plenty in the coffers I’d imagine.

You mean the AFL that spends seven shades of nothing on WA football, the WA football that has essentially been funded through 10mill a year combined from the eagles and dockers?

Back