Game Day What was your favorite moment of the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

First 2 goals in the 3rd.Knew then that we had it.The feeling after that in just knowing we are top dog again.
The great man Richo getting more than a well deserved acknowledgment from the Tiger Army.

First 2 goals in the 3rd.Knew then that we had it.The feeling after that in just knowing we are top dog again.
The great man Richo getting more than a well deserved acknowledgment from the Tiger Army.

That was great also. Enjoyed that

So many moments.

Rioli's mark in the first minute of the last quarter. Nothing special, but that was the moment that I let my emotions get the better of me because our intensity was still peaking. When he took that mark, I knew there was no way in the world we would lose from here. My favorite moment, again, was in the last quarter, when Rioli beat two opponents in the pocket, and while being tackled, somehow scissor kicked the ball over his head and gained 15 meters. In the process, he injured his leg / foot. To put this moment into perspective - that TWO Crows defenders against one of our mosquito fleet.. When Townsend wrapped up Couch (the turning point for me), he went down HARD, and had no chance of disposing of the ball. This summed up the game for me.

Rioli's boundary effort when he injured himself. Got meters forward even though he was under pressure from two crows and facing the wrong way.

Also by far the best was rioli rucking against jacobs at the start of the 4th. I walked out to the room and said we're done here, taking the piss now.

Nankervis takes a mark in the 4th quarter I think and one of the Adelaide mids made him earn it and then started hassling him. He just turned around and shoved the guy in the throat a couple of times with this aggro look on his face. Adelaide player just copped it lol

My favorite was with 4:40 to go in the third;
Adelaide kick forward to their fifty, the ball spills from the pack and then the tigers were just all over it, no clean precise possessions but second and third efforts, tackles as we pressured the ball forward.
Felt it just summed up how we played the entire game. We were hungrier for the ball and the win.

P.S. Dusty ended up with a free and missed the goal but i didn't care. It was 39 to 73 and we were going to win the flag!!

Many things but Townos tackle got me out of my seat I remember that.
A few times when he came out to meet them with a big bump got me all gooey too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

broad and ellis lol'ing at poower stance
richo getting to present the cup but also not making it about himself
houli's goal after our s**t start
griggs handball out for lambo goal
george goal cos I finally knew it was over and called my dad
all edwards handballs

When Dusty was one on one in the forward 50 with Luke Brown at the end of the second quarter. I started celebrating the goal when the ball left the boot of whoever kicked it into the 50, no one wins a one on one against Dusty in the forward line, let alone Luke Brown.

Somewhat regretfully not many moments stick out vividly for me. Most annoyingly I don’t actually remember the final siren, but I do remember the crows kicking the first two goals (and thinking that here’s another s**t day to be able to say I was there for), Jack R’s pair of hangers and tackle on that Adelaide player on the wing, Jack G’s goal in the second quarter that put us up, Rioli breaking his foot but still getting it forward, and most of all Menadue winning the sprint (what a moment)

But, probably one of the most lasting memories of the day that I will have is Eddie Betts having a ping and missing from 50 in the third quarter and parts of the tiger crowd getting up and chanting ‘Eddie’ like the crows supporters did after he kicked a cheap one in the first. Peak hostility. Brilliant.

Prob when The players were called onto the dais to get their medals , I'd dreamed of what it would be like hearing dustin martins name to receive a norm smith .

I always dreamed of hearing him getting a grand final winners medal

Number 4....

Dustin.......Martin

*shivers down the spine*

I am with everyone listing the Townsend tackle on Crouch. Tangibly, all it achieved was a stoppage with the ball being forced out of bounds. But the tackle was so emphatic, Crouch was rag dolled so comprehensively, that at the same time it seemed to embolden the Tigers and strike fear into the Crows. For me it was like a grown man's answer to the Crows' childish pre-match power stance.

The way Townsend plays football embodies all I admire in people. He doesn't care that someone else might be able to do play better than him, he just competes fiercely and with intent, and usefully. The fact that Richmond Football Club could find a role for this guy just speaks volumes for their values and the fairness of their selection processes etc. Great moment.

Not flashy but Taylor Walker's banana that was smothered near the boundary.

That was the moment I knew we would win. The crows were playing for themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back