Review What was your favourite Bulldog moment in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Brisdog had not attended a football game for some time, let alone a game with a crowd, a game where ‘Great Northern’ full strength lager was served and the 2021 Semi Final at the Gabba was one that I will never forget - nor will the campaigner who sat in front of me.

The tactic was simple: Before the start of the game and at each interval thereafter, I would head to the bar at the back of the bulldog supporter bay and purchase four full strength plastic schooners of Great Northern to get myself through each quarter. Of course - a visit to the gents was included.

The game was engrossing. A young Brisbane chap in his mid 20’s was perched in front of me who was also a passionate supporter for the opposing team. I admired him. He was a campaigner like myself. Each time Charlie Cameron scored a goal he would turn to me with his face in mine and pose to ride a motorbike, screaming ‘Arrrrhhh Arrrrhhh Arrrhh’ whilst I copped the residue of saliva from his youthful, unmasked face. At quarter time it was looking like a long night - thank god for Taylor Duryea.

At the third quarter interval I made my way to the bar, purchased my four doses of brain tonic and made my way back to my seat. My bladder felt fine - surely I would get through?

As the fourth quarter played out our boys slowly began to control the game. Young men like Josh Schache were growing in front of me, as were my intoxication levels, arrogance and bladder capacity.

No need to describe Bailey Smith’s left foot of brilliance with 2 minutes to spare other to say it was right in front of me. Adrenalin ran through the veins of Brisdog as well as I celebrated the goal by grabbing the young Brisbane supporter by the collar and screamed ‘Arrrhhh Arrrhhh Arrrhhh’ in his face. The look of utter disdain on his face was glorious, the look of utter disgust on his girlfriends face as she stared at my groin was familiar. I had pissed my pants.

What was your favourite moment of the 2021 season?

Last edited:

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The smashing of St Kilda.

Cody Weightman’s highlights reel.

Bruce’s 10th against North.

Dismantling Port in the prelim.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Regular season it had to be the last 10 minutes against the Eagles in round 2. We hadn’t had a Bulldogs home crowd in over 18 months and the crowd was super hot in the last quarter. Bont’s goal to top it off.

I might be able to enjoy the season in time but right now it brings me sadness. It reminds of a bad breakup with a girlfriend. There might have been a lot of good times and memories along the way but given how it ended, you don’t want to think about it.

Regular season it had to be the last 10 minutes against the Eagles in round 2. We hadn’t had a Bulldogs home crowd in over 18 months and the crowd was super hot in the last quarter. Bont’s goal to top it off.

I might be able to enjoy the season in time but right now it brings me sadness. It reminds of a bad breakup with a girlfriend. There might have been a lot of good times and memories along the way but given how it ended, you don’t want to think about it.

Loved that game, they're the reason you go to the footy. When the crowd rose with that goal it reminded me how great it is.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I think it has to be the Eagles game for me too. The stadium was so bloody loud when we took the lead and Bont kicking the clincher was amazing. I only got to that game and the Carlton game with my boys this year so they're the highlights (Carlton looked like they were going to win and we came home with a wet sail, so that was good too).

I can't say the semi final was a favourite moment, it was too nerve wracking, and the EF wasn't that enjoyable given the possibility of going out to Essendon. The first quarter of the PF was pretty great to watch though - in a stunned, "I can't believe this is happening" way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 4.49.18 PM.png

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was a hell out a year boys. Huge highs, massive lows as well, in the particular the last 3 home and away rounds and Brucey’s knee.

To turn that around and give us a month of joy was unexpected bliss. Flogging the injectors, breaking Brisbane’s heart, using no lube on the Port Adelaide bogans to well and truly ‘tear them apart’ (that Inxs pre-game thing really bothers me).

Once the dust has settled it was a very successful year for the club.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I really felt like there was a moment of ascension for Cody Weightman in the rd 23 Port game through until his two finals concussions. He will be a star of the comp

I am convinced he was concussed by the post in the GF

Also the Bont lift against Melbourne round 19. He just said nah we’ll be winning this thanks

Also the rise and rise of Bazlenka. I was skeltical all year but we may go as far as this jet takes us

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I really felt like there was a moment of ascension for Cody Weightman in the rd 23 Port game through until his two finals concussions. He will be a star of the comp

I am convinced he was concussed by the post in the GF

Also the Bont lift against Melbourne round 19. He just said nah we’ll be winning this thanks

Also the rise and rise of Bazlenka. I was skeltical all year but we may go as far as this jet takes us

The first Port game was pretty special for Flea too as it was when he stamped his name on that spot in our forward line. That goal over his head in the goal square was one of the moments of the year.

I think it has to be the Eagles game for me too. The stadium was so bloody loud when we took the lead and Bont kicking the clincher was amazing. I only got to that game and the Carlton game with my boys this year so they're the highlights (Carlton looked like they were going to win and we came home with a wet sail, so that was good too).

I can't say the semi final was a favourite moment, it was too nerve wracking, and the EF wasn't that enjoyable given the possibility of going out to Essendon. The first quarter of the PF was pretty great to watch though - in a stunned, "I can't believe this is happening" way.
Only ones I went to were that and the shite Swans one Think in the Eagles one Astro kicked a goal at the end and did a celebration then charged off into defence to help save the game :)

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For me it has to be out of the matches I was able to go and see live. Cannot compare the experience!

I'm going for the Bruce speccy in the goal square at Ballarat. What a great day that was. Catching the train to see the game at Mars, get a counter meal afterwards in Ballarat, cannot be beaten. Team was in top form against a gun opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back