What will 2021 Bring for Bulldogs Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have pledged to be a member in 2021. It is now a crystal ball on what the season will bring in being able to attend games and how many games will be in Victoria. We would hope for a suppression/elimination of numbers. If we do not get a vaccine the best we can hope for is to be able to attend games with restricted numbers maybe 70% to 80% capacity, which for most games would allow all bulldogs supporters to attend.

How many supporters would not risk going to the footy and how many members we lose due financial problems is anyone's guess. I would imagine planning by the AFL and clubs would have already commenced based on best and worst case situations.

I became a paid up Junior member in 1951 (cost me 10 shillings) and have since seen 2 premierships and another Grand Final appearance in 1961.
This year i hope to see a competitive team and perhaps a new star in JUH, perhaps another Brownlow for( Bont or Macrae), perhaps Hunter still playing for us and perhaps the Big Footy members take over the match committee.
Whatever, i will be 84 so dont have too many aspirations and time will tell.

I will continue to buy my 8 memberships but if coaching changes aren’t made I will be downgrading significantly.

Made a sizeable donation to the club this year in membership money but that will not be represented next year if changes aren’t made. It’s my only way to show and tell the club my opinion. They won’t listen obviously but I stand my by decision. Club membership has already been informed

AFL 2021: Clubs already beginning to think ahead to whether ...
www.heraldsun.com.au › afl › teams › st-kilda › news-story

20 hours ago - Clubs have begun contemplating another season with restricted crowd ... St Kilda football manager Simon Lethlean said Thursday night games ...

Basically says AFL is asking clubs to prepare for anything between zero and full crowds. Footy supporters are amazing only 1% fall in membership this season but worried what will happen next season if restrictions still apply.

AFL 2021: Clubs already beginning to think ahead to whether ...
www.heraldsun.com.au › afl › teams › st-kilda › news-story

20 hours ago - Clubs have begun contemplating another season with restricted crowd ... St Kilda football manager Simon Lethlean said Thursday night games ...

Basically says AFL is asking clubs to prepare for anything between zero and full crowds. Footy supporters are amazing only 1% fall in membership this season but worried what will happen next season if restrictions still apply.

It’s a real concern. Not sure we can afford to give up anymore assistant coaches.

An answer to one of your first questions, no it won’t concern me going to the footy in large crowds. Once allowed, I’m there. It didn’t take too long after the Spanish flu for people to get back to normal, even without a vaccine, which have never worked anyway for Corona viruses.

I will continue to buy my 8 memberships but if coaching changes aren’t made I will be downgrading significantly.

Made a sizeable donation to the club this year in membership money but that will not be represented next year if changes aren’t made. It’s my only way to show and tell the club my opinion. They won’t listen obviously but I stand my by decision. Club membership has already been informed
This was me at the end of last season. Halved my memberships from 12 to 6. Told the membership dept my reasons, I am still in but am not burning money. Please keep this quiet as wife has no idea. :eek:

This was me at the end of last season. Halved my memberships from 12 to 6. Told the membership dept my reasons, I am still in but am not burning money. Please keep this quiet as wife has no idea. :eek:

Yeah I’ve already told them if no coaching changes are made I will be downgrading significantly

As I said I don’t expect it to do a single thing but this is my only way to “protest” against the lack of movement and it’s clear they will just use the Virus as an excuse now which is pathetic.

There will be so many assistants out there without Jobs you can get them for much less than they normally get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back