What will Freo get in Trade week?

Remove this Banner Ad

look, lets get this straight.

Here are the facts:

1. Koops never was and never will be a good player. He is handy and the eagles are only going to trade a third roud pick - if your lucky. They only were interested because there was a chance he was going to be cut.

2. Cox is an agile, tall (204cm) ruckman who is 23. Will be a very good player for the eagles...and will take a VERY good deal to get away from the eagles ie. NOT anything involving us getting Koops. Im not sure if u noticed but there are alot of clubs that need ruckman *cough* collingwood, essendon, st.kilda even Hawthorn - who have offered considerably better. one three way deal involving gasper (which i am not too impressed about) is being strongly considered.

3. the eagles would prefer Black to Koops (4 obvious reasons already stated) so we wont on trade him if he comes for cox.

You may ask were i heard this... well im good mates with a son of the a man who is very influencial on the eagles match c'tee. First letter of surname G and last P.

Originally posted by theorangeapple
look, lets get this straight.

Here are the facts:

1. Koops never was and never will be a good player. He is handy and the eagles are only going to trade a third roud pick - if your lucky. They only were interested because there was a chance he was going to be cut.

2. Cox is an agile, tall (204cm) ruckman who is 23. Will be a very good player for the eagles...and will take a VERY good deal to get away from the eagles ie. NOT anything involving us getting Koops. Im not sure if u noticed but there are alot of clubs that need ruckman *cough* collingwood, essendon, st.kilda even Hawthorn - who have offered considerably better. one three way deal involving gasper (which i am not too impressed about) is being strongly considered.

3. the eagles would prefer Black to Koops (4 obvious reasons already stated) so we wont on trade him if he comes for cox.

You may ask were i heard this... well im good mates with a son of the a man who is very influencial on the eagles match c'tee. First letter of surname G and last P.

Don't usually get drawn into this kind of stuff. But come on..."facts"!!??

Koops wasn't close to getting cut. Koops last year was a very good player for us. When Gardiner got injuried the Eagles were shizenhousen. Thats because Cox couldn't cut it as a first choice ruckman.

Stop delluding yourself. Cox is worth more than Koops but not by the distance you are suggesting.

Freo will not be a participant in trade week. They may receive/give a few fringe players/third round picks - thats all.

They will probably keep Koops as the other 15 clubs don't value him as highly as Freo seem to rate him.

I can see Koops going to Norht Melbourne to tell you the truth, now that they've lost Motlop they need a creative HFF.

By the way Croad is on $350,000

Originally posted by ausfatcat
Hows this tarde for you on the freo board.
Trade 1:
Fremantle gain: Heath Black, pick number 55 (Stk)
West Coast gain: Steven Koops, pick number 59 (Frem)
Saint Kilda gain: Dean Cox

Fremantle lose: Steven Koops, pick number 59
West Coast lose: Dean Cox
Saint Kilda lose: Heath Black, pick number 55

um...no

(lose cox, gain koops?....wheres the benefit?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back