Analysis What will happen at tonight's board meeting?

Remove this Banner Ad

However they have been appointed to do a job, sometimes not an easy one and it needs to be done with a level of confidentiality for all concerned. If we went out to the Collingwood faithful (of which I am one) then we would get nothing accomplished as this board can have vast alignment issues at the best of times.

Let them do their job and once they do, criticise, bag, rejoice or whatever you need to do once the outcome is known.

Do the job with a high level of competence, transparency and above all else- on merit.

This board does not install confidence in its supporter/member base that it will act on merit based on the best interests of the football club.
It seems they will act on the self interests of their own.

This is where supporters become disappointed and angry.

Quote from Eddie this morning.....

“We were aware of it last night. It happened before the board meeting. The IT guys were just putting stuff up on the board.”

This is almost word for word what I said.
Are you suggesting that Eddie is lying and this is all part of some big grand plan to deceive the media?

I'm saying that the FULL story is not in these slides, and therefore the media or anyone else should not expect that the FULL story is now in the public domain.
There would have been fears that a slip up such as this, or a leak may have occurred so its is only prudent that any contentious information would not be revealed.
Ed and the board would be paranoid about keeping important issues well away from potential accidents such as this.
It's only logical and sensible.

Further, an additional set of slides with contentious topics, may well have been discussed once the meeting began behind closed doors, after the IT guys had set up.
Now days USB sticks ensure that can easily be done.

Last edited:
I'm saying that the FULL story is not in the slides, and therefore the media or anyone else should not expect that the FULL story is now in the public domain.
There would have been fears that a slip up such as this,or a leak may have occurred so its is only prudent that any contentious information would not be revealed.
Ed and the board would be paranoid about keeping important issues well away from potential accidents such as this.
It only logical and sensible.

Just Keep Spinning

Do the job with a high level of competence, transparency and above all else- on merit.

This board does not install confidence in its supporter/member base that it will act on merit based on the best interests of the football club.
It seems they will act on the self interests of their own.

This is where supporters become disappointed and angry.
I look at things a little more moderately, I don't believe Eddie has anything but on field success as his major ambition and believes or genuinely did that Bucks will be successful and has stuck by him (this may be changing). I'm not saying Buck's is or isn't but I genuinely believe that Ed wants a successful Collingwood team, just watch him at each game, he bleeds.

When we move the ball well we look really good and our best football is very comepetitive, we have deficiencies and the results are not where they should be. We need change but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater, go about it constructively and with due process, bring in the right people but some of the right people may already be at the Club it may just need some realignment and a mix of current and new individuals, I'm not sure but keen to see what will happen.

the Hound is great and Tormund is a ripper.
And the stuff about brienne was sensational

Also maise Williams who plays arya is just a brilliant little actress

I think she's come in stronger than anything they thought.
Outstanding character

I am guessing 6 things will happen in the next 2 months.

1. bucks will be reappointed for 2 years.

2. all the assistants bar sando will be moved or not reappointed. I expect Burns and Rocca to be offered something within the club. Maybe Burns will coach the VFL.

3. Rocket or Choco will be Bucks 2ic. (I prefer Rocket). Ratten could be a dark horse.

4. Gubby will be appointed list manager.

5. Hine will be demoted to recruiting (he may walk)

6. Lethlean will be ceo. solid move imo.

So pretty much get rid of the non Collingwood people & hang on to the past players in some way shape or form?
We really are an incestous club aren't we? I think we should stop employing with sentiment & start employing the best. But that isn't Ed's way unfortunately. We are a jobs for the boys club. How any coach that is 6 years in to the job needs a mentor is beyond belief if the mail is correct. I haven't given up hope that common sense will prevail & we will appoint a new coach that brings back some hope moving forward. Because hope is one thing that I am pretty much devoid of right now & I'm not the lone ranger. Look at the empty seats in the Ponsford stand & it shows where our hope & enthusiasm for the future is.

arya needs a foot up the backside. she's getting a bit annoying.
Not for me

Loving her work.

I'm tipping she's the one to kill Cersei

not sure where you work - but obviously you have no experience or understanding of how confidential information is handled.

LOL... I work in a bank and have direct access to your credit card information so trust me, I'm well aware.

Now let's say our cards team were having a meeting using real life credit card information and one of the window cleaners filmed it through the window, do you think that the meeting was actually instigated by the CEO to throw the Russian mafia off the trail with "fake" information or is it actually just a complete fk up caused by somebody not thinking to close the blinds first?

Proceed spinning...

plate-spinning-routine-o.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time reader, first time poster but here goes:

Everyone needs to chill until a decision is actually made. For the record, I don't think Buckley is the right person going forward and think and he should have got the sack 3 years ago but let's try keep cool heads until a decision is actually made. I will be pretty angry if he is re-signed but in no way would I think about screwing my membership up (or microwaving it). I am a 4th generation Collingwood supporter and I would never jump ship just because times are tough.

I never said I barracker for anyone else. Just be Mega Pissed at the Club

Sansa is the annoying one for me!

I'd like to think Arya is going to kill Cersei but I think Jamie might do it before she has the chance.

Agree that she's going to knock off littlefinger, hopefully next episode.
Brilliant show.

I think little finger will be around till next season.

Nasty little thing

Got to love Tyrian

I studied IT at Frankston Chiosm
You're in.

We could do well with you there

But you'll have to toe the party line, ie Ed says you do ;)

Be s good job for someone I reckon

I am guessing 6 things will happen in the next 2 months.

1. bucks will be reappointed for 2 years.

2. all the assistants bar sando will be moved or not reappointed. I expect Burns and Rocca to be offered something within the club. Maybe Burns will coach the VFL.

3. Rocket or Choco will be Bucks 2ic. (I prefer Rocket). Ratten could be a dark horse.

4. Gubby will be appointed list manager.

5. Hine will be demoted to recruiting (he may walk)

6. Lethlean will be ceo. solid move imo.
Already reported in The Age today Gubby has moved on. So strike point 4 from the record.

Why hasnt Bran warned Sansa what littlefinger is doing?

I reckon Bran has already warned Sansa/Arya about Littlefinger, but it just hasn't been shown on screen. Sansa/Arya are probably tricking Littlefinger, which would explain why Sansa sent Brienne to King's Landing, even though Littlefinger recommended to keep her around for protection.

Love the show, but overall this has probably been the weakest season. Also a little disappointed they haven't included Lady Stoneheart in the TV series...

Oh well... the king in the north!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We all have opinions about what may happen and what we think should happen, but surely we're not so naive as to think we should be consulted about matters like coach selection, recruiting or the makeup of the Board? Geez, the Club would never be able to make a rational decision that had any legitimacy if we had to go to a member vote every time tough decisions were required. It doesn't happen in any other sphere of business or government......oh hang on a minute. I can see the headline now:
Eddie McGuire Announces Non Binding Postal Vote on Collingwood Coach.

That would work out so civilised now wouldn't it?

We all have opinions about what may happen and what we think should happen, but surely we're not so naive as to think we should be consulted about matters like coach selection, recruiting or the makeup of the Board? Geez, the Club would never be able to make a rational decision that had any legitimacy if we had to go to a member vote every time tough decisions were required. It doesn't happen in any other sphere of business or government......oh hang on a minute. I can see the headline now:
Eddie McGuire Announces Non Binding Postal Vote on Collingwood Coach.

That would work out so civilised now wouldn't it?

I would actually like to see THATSGOLD installed as president for the 2018 season. It would be a hell of a ride!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back