• Nat Fyfe

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Neither will ever win won

Votes: 73 55.3%
  • Nathan Broad to win his 5th flag before either win one

Votes: 35 26.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Brisbane finished high because they play well at home.... we beat them at home and it is flattering for Geelong.
Richmond lose Vlastuin and it hurts them - geelong more or less lose the greatest player of the millenium (yes I realise he wasn't still at that level but he's still a more than handy player) and it doesn't get factored into the outcome.

(nevermind that they finished top four the previous year as well without the home ground advantage that Victorian fans seem to love bringing up in the one season in 123 years that didn't favour them)
Houli also did his calf straight after the Vlastuin incident. So Houli and Ablett pretty much cancel each other out. Vlastuin being done seriously rattled our defence, very relieved we were able to steady.

Bontempelli will win his second flag before both of these losers.
Well the Bont turns 25 years old in a couple of Days.

Dogs Made finals this season as well.

Even though 2016 was 4 years ago, Half of those blokes from that 2016 are still at the Dogs. Sure, some have reitred. Others have been traded.

Dogs will challenge again in 2021.

Isn’t that just David Mundy?

******* lol

the OP of course shoehorns Richmond into the narrative. It’s yet another how good are Richmond threads
The OP is talking about premierships, so I think it’s pertinent that the premiership three of the last four years gets a mention, particularly when they denied a premiership to one of the main subjects of the OP. No shoehorning required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t that just David Mundy?
old man mundy
old man mundy 9619E3B7-4798-4333-88A1-87F6C46D7706.jpeg

Looks like Kris Kristofferson.
When he does retire he should release a version of this - Mundy morning coming down.

Just wait until Danger is putting it down the throat for Tomahawk and Cameron. At this point at least one premiership is practically guaranteed.
Will tomahawk and cameron be out of bounds 3 out of 4 times? If yes...can endorse he might hit them at 100%

roacheee
My point exactly, you have so much self worth invested in your team, that you think them having success makes you more relevant. Hate to break it to you, but you have no influence.

roacheee What does that even mean?

Wow a team of guys unrelated and probably unknown to you kick a bag of carbon dioxide better than a team of guys unrelated to and probably unknown to some other guy on the internet that you’ve never met.

God, well done mate!!! Awesome effort!!! How did you do it?

Fyfe and Danger spend an off season at the DMartin School of turning up in big finals, and the J Riewoldt School of straight kicking, they may have one last shot.

Patrick Dangerfield will by 31 be the beginning of the 2021 AFL season. Nat Fyfe will hit 30 by the end of the 2021 season. Dangerfield at 269 games whilst Fyfe 187. Collectively they've won,

- 3x Brownlow Medals
- 11x All Australians (both captains)
- 7x Best and Fairests

Dangerfield played in the 2020 Grand Final loss to Richmond. Fyfe played in the 2013 Grand Final loss to Hawthorn.

Essentially, both have gotten as close as you can get without the medal. Before John Longmuir became coach, I was very critical of Fremantle, always reliant on Fyfe. The team was centred around him and id often chuckle as he would have 40 disposals against my team, kick two goals and we'd flog them by 90 points. But what Longmuir is doing now is God's work. Essentially building a midfield for Fremantle and giving Fyfe different goals in his acclaimed career. Can Longmuir find a way to use his weapon how Damien Hardwick and Alastair Clarkson used Martin and Franklin? Fyfe has a few years left and my gut feeling suggests he's gonna have one big run left to win a premiership.

Patrick Dangerfield is a vastly different beast. If this was Las Vegas, he would be all in at the table. Geelong are teetering on the cliff (which they've managed to do aerobic gymnastics on for almost 5 years). This year was his year, now with Cameron, Higgins and Smith, its all 2021. This side reminds me of the Lakers when they had Kobe, Shaq and brought Karl Malone and Gary Payton into the fold in 2004. They had one big shot, for the Lakers, Detroit disposed of them. Will Geelong and Dangerfield ever overcome their Richmond hurdle? Or will a new champion emerge from the pack and cut the Cats at their knees? 2021 and maybe 2022 will be Patty's last true chance. But with losses to Richmond in 2017 and eliminations in 2019 and 2020, Geelong dont have the gamestyle to match Richmond. Can they change?

So what's your bet? Who will get a premiership first? Patty or Fyfe?
Justin mate, Longmuir's name is Justin

Fyfe and Danger spend an off season at the DMartin School of turning up in big finals, and the J Riewoldt School of straight kicking, they may have one last shot.

Fyfe was being named in our bests in big finals at an age when Martin was still just unfulfilled potential.

Danger's last shot next year, Geelong have gone all in. If they don't win it, it is a failure.

Freo won't win one while Fyfe is still playing.

Back