• Nat Fyfe

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Neither will ever win won

Votes: 73 55.3%
  • Nathan Broad to win his 5th flag before either win one

Votes: 35 26.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Too much expectation for Geelong next year.
It will be felt every single week and the club has never handled that kind of pressure well.

Fyfe's already 29 and realistically, Freo are still a year or two away from even making the finals.

Too much expectation for Geelong next year.
It will be felt every single week and the club has never handled that kind of pressure well.

Fyfe's already 29 and realistically, Freo are still a year or two away from even making the finals.
I see Freo some how getting a finals spot next season in 2021.

Even if you are true about Freo being one or 2 seasons away from finals, that means Fyfe and Walters will play finals similar to like pav and McPharlin and Sandilands did: past their prime as 31-32 year Olds.

I see Justin Longmuir giving Freo a 2-3 year finals run. It could start this season or next season.

I can assure you all that most neutrals would be far happier with a Fyfe Flag than a Danger one.
Danger has become a real smug big head simce joining Geelong, wants everything handed to him on a silver platter.

Lol.

Based on what, his freak physical dedication to getting the most out of himself? His willingness to give time to basically anything he’s asked to? His presumably voluntary role as head of the players association? Help me out here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can assure you all that most neutrals would be far happier with a Fyfe Flag than a Danger one.
Danger has become a real smug big head simce joining Geelong, wants everything handed to him on a silver platter.
You could have a point here. Compare the centre half forwards of Matty Pavlich vs Taylor Walker.

I can recall Pavlich getting verbally bashed on social media.

On the other hand, Taylor Walker got his fair share in 2020, partially because he acted like an arrogant 🤡 a few years ago on social media.

I agree, bit like Bucks after he effectively Draft tampered by telling Brisbane he would only play one season. I always loved the irony that he never won a premiership when he could have had 3.
As for Dongerflog, I used to love him at Adelaide, and for awhile after he went to Geelong, but since 2018 when he became AFLPA President he just won't shut the %^*$ up and thinks everyone is entitled to the benefit of his opinion. He has to have a say on everything... Most annoying AFLPA Prez ever, even worse than Demetriou

i think a full season from Hogan can see Freo finish 14th
No Doubt a weak troll attempt.

Dont worry, Freo will finish higher than 14th.

It was the style at the time if you cant get Clarko, then you pinched one of his assistant coaches and make him a main coach. worked with 3 clubs so far.

However, As Gerard Neesham once said "dared to be different"

We got rid of Jason Webber who was the main head of our medical staff. Replaced with with a strength and condtioning staff member that used to work with hawthorn. was part of the hawks medical staff from 2011-17.

Last edited:
Unless Fyfe moves to a contender he's cooked. Fremantle are improving but ways away from a flag.

Danger might sneak one next year or the year after if he's lucky.

My tip though is neither win one.
Interesting comment from someone who supports a club that came from nowhere to win a flag?? Mind you, I doubt Freo would ever be the recipients of the umpiring largesse that the Doggies enjoyed that season and particularly during the finals (excluding the 1st final in which you belted us fair and square)

Lol.

Based on what, his freak physical dedication to getting the most out of himself? His willingness to give time to basically anything he’s asked to? His presumably voluntary role as head of the players association? Help me out here.
Honestly? I think it's mainly his face.

Not a satisfying answer, but I think for a lot of people he just looks smug. Whether he actually is or not doesn't matter to most people. He certainly looks smug most times but I think that's just the composition of his face (coloured by his personality being a bit larger than most)

It doesn't help that he does a lot of media and is in the eyes of the public more than most players. Combine that with the general public being prone to emotional statements and reductive thinking on top of his sense of humor (coming out with a boombox, coming out on crutches and bandages) the joke is mainly centered around himself. Some people see that as self centered I'm sure.

I certainly think he has a level of smugness about him, but I think it's earned and if it's done with tongue in cheek like he does then it's not a problem.

Unfortunately the court of public opinion has labelled him as smug and that's just something the supporters will have to live with.

So Brisbane finished high because they play well at home.... we beat them at home and it is flattering for Geelong.
Richmond lose Vlastuin and it hurts them - geelong more or less lose the greatest player of the millenium (yes I realise he wasn't still at that level but he's still a more than handy player) and it doesn't get factored into the outcome.

(nevermind that they finished top four the previous year as well without the home ground advantage that Victorian fans seem to love bringing up in the one season in 123 years that didn't favour them)
So Brisbane finished high because they play well at home.... we beat them at home and it is flattering for Geelong.
Richmond lose Vlastuin and it hurts them - geelong more or less lose the greatest player of the millenium (yes I realise he wasn't still at that level but he's still a more than handy player) and it doesn't get factored into the outcome.

(nevermind that they finished top four the previous year as well without the home ground advantage that Victorian fans seem to love bringing up in the one season in 123 years that didn't favour them)
If Vlastuin didn't headbutt Dangerfields elbow, the Cats don't get close.

Lol.

His constant flopping and diving. His smug solitary goal celebrations. That stunt he pulled when injured with a walking stick or something...
Dudes a muppet

A note to Richmond supporters, just because the team you barrack for wins a flag, does not give your opinion any more weight on here. You had literally nothing to do with your team’s success. Stop spouting off like you have some special insight into other teams lists, it’s infuriating.
St Kildas list has been marginally improved by a couple of Richmond goal sneaks. Not sure if that will be enough to get them in the finals again though. Youse have got a lotta Jacks.

Back