What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

12 years ago you won a premiership. I addressed that. Can you read? You were so quick to ask for a reply but you failed to read. Grassrootsfooty at least reads my posts. Maybe go back to the Crows board and rip into some of your own players or whatever it is you guys do there.
No you haven't. You've danced around the general discussion, somehow bringing an AFL flag into a discussion about the SANFL. Good on ya!
You made this accusation-
"Sturt: No matter what they take they still can't play football."
I've asked you to validate it and you continuously run from it.
What have we taken? You've scored a hatrick mate and fast becoming a bunny.

KT working some of his legendary spin:

The Maggies
And while we’re talking footy for a moment, I noticed the legendary Buddha Hocking up to his old tricks earlier this week.
Hot on the heels of a spirited win against our very worthy old foe Norwood, our SANFL senior coach was doing his level best to hose down premiership expectations for the Magpies.
I quietly suggested to him that whilst inferring that the Magpies were only there to support the AFL program was a novel idea, sitting on top of the table a win and ample percentage clear of the next team with one game remaining probably didn’t help his argument!
Better to just fess up to the fact that we are, as always, pretty keen to keep winning – the old Port Adelaide way!
The idea of the Magpies back in the finals for the first time since 2008 is more than just mildly exciting for our supporters - we’re actually jumping out of our skin to get into some fair dinkum September action!
Needless to say Garry is relieved that he has been given permission to dream…just a little!

He seriously couldn't think the football public would buy his spin doctor action after Budha Hocking dropped his club and its agendas right in it. I suppose a few of the blind faithful might but even the majority of them arent that stupid.

Last edited:

I disagree. From my experience they'll lap it up and do the spruiking for KY and The Kock. I've got friends that barrack for Port and most are good, intelligent people and they sprout all the same diatribe.

He seriously couldn't think the football public would buy his spin doctor action after Budha Hocking dropped his club and its agendas right in it. I suppose a few of the blind faithful might but even the majority of them arent that stupid.

He wouldnt consider the general football public would buy into his BS, but we all know what Port power supporters are like, they will eat that crap up!!

The question will soon be answered though on what the SANFL clubs thoughts are on Budha's quotes, by what will occur at season end.

Just a question to Red One and Heardy, do you find Budha a bit of a Dumb arse or is he just honest?

Honest but too honest.

I've always known it was and is the intention of the AFL Reserves to put their AFL clubs first. Although I get the impression Port are somewhat taking the competition more seriously than the Crows.

And us Port supporters are nowhere near as bad as Glenelg supporters.

Honest. Are you surprised that the AFL gets priority?

No Im not suprised I am one of those SANFL campaigners since last year questioning the motives of the reserves teams and if I had to put up with them It had to be on fair and even terms (which is impossible to acheive) so only one solution.

The issue I have now is Budha Hocking may call a spade and spade, but when both Port and The Crows enetered the comp and they were told they had to "play the line" they said they wouldnt do anything but put the SANFL first. What a load of crap they only want to be in the comp to develop players for the AFL and why not just play for no points if thats the case. No because their fans wouldnt be happy.

Budha has highlighted rightly or wrongly the fact that the SANFL has lost its integrity completely due to the selfishness of two clubs and the AFL

If the reserves teams go hell-for-leather and dominate the comp, this won’t please the fans of the 8 traditional clubs.
If the reserves teams use the league simply as an experimental/practice environment, with fluctuating results, this won’t please the fans of the 8 traditional clubs.

Either way, reserve teams belong in a reserves comp.

Dont just blame the 2 AFL clubs grassrootsfooty. Olsen, the commission, and 6 other clubs have plenty to answer for.

If the reserves teams go hell-for-leather and dominate the comp, this won’t please the fans of the 8 traditional clubs.
If the reserves teams use the league simply as an experimental/practice environment, with fluctuating results, this won’t please the fans of the 8 traditional clubs.

Either way, reserve teams belong in a reserves comp.

Dont just blame the 2 AFL clubs grassrootsfooty. Olsen, the commission, and 6 other clubs have plenty to answer for.

Totally agree I am disgusted in my club for their vote. I actually refuse to go to AFL reserves games to protest to my club about there decision to allow them in.

Red One! You jumped out of your burrow little fella!
Well done.
Now, about your accusations of what "Sturt took"........
You're on a double hatrick little bunny!
;)
Batter up!

Burrow? Please. I've been watching you making an ass of yourself for a while now. Keep on keepin on my delusional little friend.

As for the "accusations" well you've been using your imagination in most of your posts maybe you should use it now.

Ok, I can see you're getting upset so I'll accept that you don't have the intestinal fortitude to back up what you say or you half witted accusations. I get it now but I had to be certain just what I was dealing with. Thanks for making it clear Bunny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I thought Grassrootsfooty was the only entertaining one on this thread. You seem very concerned considering how your a crows fan and all.

I find your club more entertaining, Rucci writes this morning KT doesn't buy into the Priorities of Budha because he is an ex Norwood player. However no explanation why Budha would make such a comment unless like I said he is really, really, really Dumb or just insanely honest. Doesn't KT know what his senior coach of the SANFL is up to or what has been required or demanded of him. Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing at Port Power.

Then to cap of my morning King Kock has declared they signed the Adelaide Oval agreement so not to embarrass anyone, he didn't care what was best for his club WTF. Seriously that couldn't be the real answer to why they signed an agreement that determines the financial future of their club in the biggest move since they joined the AFL and maybe the biggest move they will ever do. If it is god help Port Power moving forward. If it isn't, King Kock just come out with the truth like Budha did.

A serious question to mainly Port supporters but Adelaide also. Every sporting comp deserves equality and integrity, if the current set up was disbanded which of these would you choose?
- Playing in the SANFL but restricted from playing finals and all players not qualifying for the Magarey.
- Fielding a team elsewhere ie SANFL reserves, Amateur League or VFL.
- Returning to the old set up of players distributed amongst SANFL clubs.

As usual you can't actually answer a question directly. I can see another spud hatrick coming up.

Ill go with the 4th choice where we play in the SANFL and can play finals and players can win a Magarey. Keeping the magpies will keep a little more relevance to the SANFL all 1000 sturt members will be stoked.

I always wondered did you go for sturt because the crows are losing?

I know grassroots goes for glenelg because they have the same colors and mascot as Richmond.

What a Bunny!
FWIW. I've been a Sturt member most of my life, I've never been a member of an AFL club and never will. So in response to your question, no, I go for sturt because I grew up supporting them pre AFL and post AFL.
As for Adelaide, I'll follow them loosely in the AFL but it's not where my heart lies.
See, the ability to answer a question directly....not that hard!

Last edited:
Ill go with the 4th choice where we play in the SANFL and can play finals and players can win a Magarey. Keeping the magpies will keep a little more relevance to the SANFL all 1000 sturt members will be stoked.

I always wondered did you go for sturt because the crows are losing?

I know grassroots goes for glenelg because they have the same colors and mascot as Richmond.

Well after reading Ben Hooks article yesterday, it appears the drums are beating louder with the 8 SANFL directors having a closed meeting and not inviting Olsen to the meeting so they can discuss how the Crows and Port Power will operate in the SANFL next year. I would say we will now sooner than later but you would think they will wait until the season ends to advise of the new rules and regulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back