Opinion What Will It Take??

How many consecutive finals appearances will it take

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Tigerheads
Google finals drought and you'll see we're in the top results. What will it take to shake the 30 year tag? What do we have to do to see it not turn into a 40 year milestone?

Top 4? Consecutive finals? A flag?

No one talks about the South Melb/Sydney drought anymore. So how long would it take until Tigers are no longer mentioned in same breath as 9th? Or were we unlucky to endure this during the internet age and it will never truly pass?

2-3 consecutive finals appearances to shake the 9th tag. 1 premiership. collingscums was 20 years and noone talks about that now either. a premiership stop the pressure on us and will heap even more on the rabble called Melbourne FC.

Noooo I didnt understand the question at first! Please ignore one of the 2 year response. I thought the question was how many consecutive finals campaigns will we need to win a flag. Goofd! :oops: haha

What makes Saints different then? or Bulldogs for that matter? No flags but made finals consistently some years back and no one is up their ass about under performing. What if we make finals 4 years in a row but never deliver. Will we still say it's 35-40 years of failure?

What makes Saints different then? or Bulldogs for that matter? No flags but made finals consistently some years back and no one is up their arse about under performing. What if we make finals 4 years in a row but never deliver. Will we still say it's 35-40 years of failure?

No one gives a s**t about them that's what's different.

What makes Saints different then? or Bulldogs for that matter? No flags but made finals consistently some years back and no one is up their arse about under performing. What if we make finals 4 years in a row but never deliver. Will we still say it's 35-40 years of failure?

Don't they???? Isn't that why Nick R looks so withdrawn at times in the face with the window closing??

35-40 years of failure, yep thats right 100%

Premiership.

Don't want to be labelled like Hawthorn as a team that under achieves/chokes in big games.

Premiership is the ultimate success :thumbsu:

Premiership.

Don't want to be labelled like Hawthorn as a team that under achieves/chokes in big games.

Premiership is the ultimate success :thumbsu:[/quot

Yes but the hawks snagged an unlikely premiership in 2008.
I would take that anytime.
It has been 40+ years since we made successive finals appearances & even in our last triumph in 1980, we missed out in playing finals in 79 & 81.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just need to educate people that north have finished 9th more than us

we have never finished 9th twice in a row and they have done so twice
Ninth Melbourne.............Good chance they will get 9th this year with us taking their spot in the 8.
That would be 3 out of 4 years if i am correct that they have finished 9th.Their soft draw got them up to 8 last year.

just need to educate people that north have finished 9th more than us

we have never finished 9th twice in a row and they have done so twice

how many times have they finished ninth? looking at the ladder for the past 20 years...she sure have finished ninth a lot, would take a fair effort to beat that but i hope you're right.

Back