Thread closed ,multiple thread

Which Richmond players will improve out of site and become a regular player?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
WHAT WILL OUR TEAM LOOK LIKE GOING INTO NEXT YEARS FINALS.WHATS YOUR PREDICTION ? BACKS: Rance (VC), Astbury, Grimes HB: B Ellis, Vlastuin , Houli, C: Markov , Martin ,Lambert , HF: C Moore, Edwards, Townsend FF : Butler , Riewoldt (VC) , Rioli R: Nank, Cotchin(C) , Jack Graham Int Prestia , Grigg, Sam Lloyd, Bolton , Emg: Higgins ,Castagna , Caddy **Grigg and Moore to relieve in the Ruck, Graham to play as attacking stopper (see GF job on Sloane), Lloyd to replace Caddy due to Lloyds form , Mac and Broad out for Markov and Moore. Moore to play as tall defender if needed.Apologies to Castagna and McIntosh who try their guts out every week.

Last edited:
i think very similar to this year. all premiership players get a crack first game up, unless they have a terrible off season

the best part of the flag is that we dont need Higgins, CCJ and Balta to step up straight away.
they can take their time in the VFL next year. We have Conca, Bolton, Griff, Stengle, Cellis, Markov, LLoyd and the rest waiting in the wings before our new draftees.

Great time for the Tigers.

• Banned
Just alternate the seniors and reserves 22. Seniors on odd rounds and reserves on evens. We’ll finish top still :D
Fair call, players I left out were Castagna ,Miles,Conca ,Mcintosh, Broad , C Ellis, Menadue,Griffiths , Hampson, Short , Stengle ,Caddy, Soldo, Higgins ,Chol , Balta ,Miller , Garthwaite and Drummond.

Fair call, players I left out were Castagna ,Miles,Conca ,Mcintosh, Broad , C Ellis, Menadue,Griffiths , Hampson, Short , Stengle ,Caddy, Soldo, Higgins ,Chol , Balta ,Miller , Garthwaite and Drummond.
we have never had so much depth before. really is a credit to the staff down there. that VFL side could really win the flag next year.

Much like this year. I would expect that players that do a lot of work will get rests. Grand plan IMHO would be to have much the same team ready for finals come round 20ish.

Guys like Bolton and Higgins might get a shot and make their way into finals contention. There are a heap of more junior players developing along quite nicely, CEllis, Mendaue, Markov that could get a gig if they come on well.

So I expect us to use a few players, with barring injuries, a number of younger guys getting about 2-3 games to see how they go and fill in for more experienced players that need a rest.

Fingers crossed we have our full list to choose from again, but the chances of that happening would have to be pretty low. Unusual for it to happen. Downright weird for it to happen 2 years in a row.

I don't think we can understate how much competition for selection and opportunity contributed this year. No-one foresaw Broad, Graham and Townsend coming in late and having the impact that they had. We need every player to compete for their spot, and we need every player that is competitive to get an opportunity, IMO

• Banned
Fingers crossed we have our full list to choose from again, but the chances of that happening would have to be pretty low. Unusual for it to happen. Downright weird for it to happen 2 years in a row.

I don't think we can understate how much competition for selection and opportunity contributed this year. No-one foresaw Broad, Graham and Townsend coming in late and having the impact that they had. We need every player to compete for their spot, and we need every player that is competitive to get an opportunity, IMO
Yes those 3 players who came in late were invaluable.They hadn't been fatigued too much and were prettty fresh.Townsend in particular was outstanding. He was like jack gunston and marc ricutio rolled into one.

Yes those 3 players who came in late were invaluable.They hadn't been fatigued too much and were prettty fresh.Townsend in particular was outstanding. He was like jack gunston and marc ricutio rolled into one.
We'd better pay Towno a Dusty type salary. Never realised he was such a superstar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back