What will Richmond do with their membership revenue?

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Football clubs have begun giving their supporters options with regards to the status of their memberships in 2020.

Without the ability to attend games, this is little more than a charity donation. Each club has a different stance and has taken a different direction on this so far.

- Collingwood have chosen to keep membership revenue as a donation whilst giving their members a commemorative pin. Little mention at the bottom of an email yesterday to members, asking anyone to contact the club if they're having trouble.

- Essendon have offered a full refund.

- Adelaide have somehow made their membership donation tax deductible.

- Bulldogs and Giants have given a series of options.

- Geelong giving per household, one signed Guernsey along with many other offers.

Remaining clubs will make announcements this week. RICHMOND's will be interesting. Our membership and attendance revenue is more important to us rather any other club, we habe the most members, would be making the most revenue in memberships and have the highest attendances. For us, it will be hard to compensate 97,000 people with a signed Guernsey. Could you imagine our players signing them all? Listed below are three ideas our club could offer, theyre outside the box, but they're cost effective, that are a kind gesture of loyalty, whilst keeping the membership money of ours.

1. 2021, instead of a free cap or scarf, at each home and away game, present the 12 premierships outside Gate 5 (or whatever), for photo opportunities. To have a photo, present your 2020 membership card, it gets hole punched through and there's your photo with all 12 Richmond premierships. Minimal cost for the club, great effort and a nice gesture fans will love.

2. Cameo style birthday message from past legends. I dare say, stray away from current day players, only cause it will take away their time. Richo, Flea, Balme, Gale, Peggy, Rance, etc can send a short personalised birthday video to each member. No choice on who you get, but again, it's a bloody cheap option, great effort and a nice gesture.

3. The Richmond Supporters Book - The opportunity to share a photo and brief summary of your tiger fandom. Club to make a digital book with all participating members, and email to all members. Along with the opportunity to purchase the hardcover copy from the tigerland superstore (opportunity to make more money). Include The stories of players such as Richo, Hodge, Fyfe who actually grew up tiger supporters to give the book a real interesting feel.

Do you have Any ideas? What will the club do? Each member pay hundreds of dollars, I don't think a pin cuts the mustard and hope our club don't position themselves like Collingwood.

Personally, and this is no reflection on anyone else’s opinion or individual situation, I would not feel right seeking or receiving anything in return for my membership $ this year.
Happy enough to feel my $ helped get them back on the park and allowed me to sit back and enjoy another 16 - 20 more games, watching the players and team I love entertain me.

thats just me though....

Personally, and this is no reflection on anyone else’s opinion or individual situation, I would not feel right seeking or receiving anything in return for my membership $ this year.
Happy enough to feel my $ helped get them back on the park and allowed me to sit back and enjoy another 16 - 20 more games, watching the players and team I love entertain me.

thats just me though....

I'm the same -expecting nothing, leaving the maximum focus and $ to Admin and players then allowed on getting through 2020. Not a criticism at all of a well thoughtout post Undertaker, I just do not expect anything.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

thats just me though....
Feel the same.
The only gift i want from a personal p.o.v
Is all my family & friends come out of this on the other side healthy.

Sir_Rancelot

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
What I would do if I was the club marketing manager is offer the following:
This would ensure the club isn't out of pocket but was able to raise more cash.
I would happily do this:

The club should offer this promotion:
Buy a gernsey or gurnseys with a player number from the tiger den and the club will have gurnsey signed by the player you choose.

This is a member only deal.
I would be extremely happy with this outcome and it ensures that merchanidise revenue continues to grow.
I'm guessing most members would buy not only 1 but a few of them.

I would buy 50 and have Marlion sign

Imagine how much money the club would make on jumper sales????

I might ring the club and suggest it.

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
I would happily do this:

Buy a gernsey or gurnseys with a player number from the tiger den and the club will have gurnsey signed by the player you choose.

I would be extremely happy with this outcome and it ensures that merchanidise revenue continues to grow.

This is a really good idea.

I feel bad for Dusty haha

nick1408

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2010
Why?
AFL Club
Richmond
I at least want some sort of option for compensation for membership. If it's a discount on next year's membership, discount in line with years of membership (1% per year as an example) or any other option that is letting people get their money back would be fine with me. I don't want the club to screw members like Collingwood has.

My opinion is my membership isn't a donation at all. It was to gain entry to games. If I wanted to donate to the club I would have done so via the Fighting Tiger Fund.

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
I at least want some sort of option for compensation for membership. If it's a discount on next year's membership, discount in line with years of membership (1% per year as an example) or any other option that is letting people get their money back would be fine with me. I don't want the club to screw members like Collingwood has.

My opinion is my membership isn't a donation at all. It was to gain entry to games. If I wanted to donate to the club I would have done so via the Fighting Tiger Fund.

We are in more risk of losing 20,000 members next year by ******* them over.

Best to give options, it isn't a donation absolutely spot on.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I would happily do this:

clapping.gif

give us kayo for the season so we can watch the games that we cant attend

I think there will still be a chance of limited crowds at some stage through the season on current Covid directions - it's a hard call to make for the Club. But, surely there is adeal they can do with Kayo that would be win/win in the interim - won't most of our games be on Ch7 anyway though?

Back