What will you do when coronavirus is over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Live music gig for sure. As much as I love the footy, if I was only given the choice of being able to watch live sport or watch live music in the future, I'd take the latter. The 'G is something else, for sure, but you get a pretty good idea of things watching on the TV at home. Hard to replicate the feeling of a gig in your lounge room though.

scottishfiction

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Didcot, Yateley, Winnersh, Taplow
For a long time Patient Zero was thought to be a French Canadian flight steward named Gaeten Dugas but the theory no longer holds water. Truth is they don't really know.
hahaha hoooly *in s**t, this is rank!

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
no because there are many versions of corona virus around the world and you basically cant get rid of it so the quicker people can work out a way to live with it (social distancing/ wash hands/ general good hygiene etc) everyone will be better off

and dont eat weird animals from s**t markets

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Live music gig for sure. As much as I love the footy, if I was only given the choice of being able to watch live sport or watch live music in the future, I'd take the latter. The 'G is something else, for sure, but you get a pretty good idea of things watching on the TV at home. Hard to replicate the feeling of a gig in your lounge room though.
Yeah man I can't wait to head to one of these:

ap_20224716957275-3-e1597266290939.jpeg

Of course we all have to make sacrifices in the War on Germs.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
no because there are many versions of corona virus around the world and you basically cant get rid of it so the quicker people can work out a way to live with it (social distancing/ wash hands/ general good hygiene etc) everyone will be better off

and dont eat weird animals from sh*t markets

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Social distancing is a weird one. Like, try it if it helps, but will sports stadiums ever go back to being full if that becomes normal?

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Social distancing is a weird one. Like, try it if it helps, but will sports stadiums ever go back to being full if that becomes normal?

I can't conflate social distancing with a return to contact sport. If we can jump all over each other in a game of local footy on the weekend, why do we have to maintain 1.5m everywhere else? And this is coming from someone who largely agrees with all the measures that have been put in place so far. I just don't understand that circumstance.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu**, what's with all the pessimism?
One man's pessimism is another man's realism.

I remember back in March / April when people were telling me this was all 'temporary', some even said things would be back to normal by Easter.

Lol.

These same fools were the ones arguing for the lockdowns, shouting down people like myself who could see what was going on.

Here we are in September and the penny still hasn't dropped for a lot of people.

Just a few more weeks until we can leave the house in groups of 10 again, guys! Just a few more weeks!

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Indeed. Prior to this year I worked in a pretty big single company building - say 10k people working there at about capacity.
Now, they've come out and said in accordance with government SD guidelines in stage 1/2/CN, they can only really run the building at about 30% occupancy.
I expect to be WFH/L@W until Easter, presuming the job doesn't disappear in the meantime.

But for me, occupational density is probably only the second level SD risk behind travelling to the building on public transport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
One man's pessimism is another man's realism.

I remember back in March / April when people were telling me this was all 'temporary', some even said things would be back to normal by Easter.

Lol.

These same fools were the ones arguing for the lockdowns, shouting down people like myself who could see what was going on.

Here we are in September and the penny still hasn't dropped for a lot of people.

Just a few more weeks until we can leave the house in groups of 10 again, guys! Just a few more weeks!

Mate, the ******* thread is literally about what people first want to do when this is over. If there's one thread you could allow me to positively speculate, it's here. If I wanted to read all the negative stuff I'd watch the news.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't conflate social distancing with a return to contact sport. If we can jump all over each other in a game of local footy on the weekend, why do we have to maintain 1.5m everywhere else?
Agree 100%. Almost every rule/restriction has a hypocritical caveat to it and the majority don't make sense anyway

I'm just trying to think from their perspective if they'll ever allow it again if social distancing becomes the norm?

No rule dumber than you must be seated with alcohol but can stand in that same spot with a can of coke. Each rule dumber than the last

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, the ******* thread is literally about what people first want to do when this is over. If there's one thread you could allow me to positively speculate, it's here. If I wanted to read all the negative stuff I'd watch the news.
Fair call, I'll leave this thread be.

Problem is I'm banned from all the other covid threads.

Y'know, for telling it like it is.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
To answer the threads question; 6 months off to travel around Europe and possibly Canada/East cost US.

Though I do have a feeling that's much further away than logic suggests. Hoping before the end of next year though

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
You can replicate a gig depending on what venue you usually attend. Something like the old Tote? Piss on your floor, graffiti the walls and spill beer on everything you own. Repeatedly bump into everything within eyesight then vomit onto your footpath. Walk back inside the house and repeat :thumbsu:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why do you think the East and not the West? I agree that seems optimistic. I'd say 12 months.
I've done a bit of the west but only been to Manhattan. Texas, Colorado, and Utah apparently also fantastic? Haven't been there either but Europe first, then Canada then if time/money permits a bit of the east coast. Rest can be a different trip

I also meant I'd have a 6 month holiday, not I'd leave in 6 months haha. The way other people are pessimistic I'm not sure we'll have borders open in 12 months. Would be ridiculous but I'm going off other people's rhetoric. Common sense and logic left us for dead in May

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
For the poutine

Haha, we have that! Probably not as good though.
I've done a bit of the west but only been to Manhattan. Texas, Colorado, and Utah apparently also fantastic? Haven't been there either but Europe first, then Canada then if time/money permits a bit of the east coast. Rest can be a different trip

I also meant I'd have a 6 month holiday, not I'd leave in 6 months haha. The way other people are pessimistic I'm not sure we'll have borders open in 12 months. Would be ridiculous but I'm going off other people's rhetoric. Common sense and logic left us for dead in May

My bad. I replied to this before having morning coffee. For some reason I thought you were saying the East would be open to travel to in 6 months. I was thinking ‘I hope the West is too’

Sounds like a good plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back