What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

i think that is to be decided in a court of law, lets not be judge and jury, all defendants should be allowed there day in court, otherwise it will trial by public opinion which leads to big problems
This whole episode will be shown to be one of the grubbiest pieces of political interference of all time when all the facts come out in court.

No amount of commercial cleaning will save the liberal party.

these 2 tweets coalesce

I think the bigger worry is the 2 major parties colluding to bypass the independents & bring in a watered down version of ICAC.
If they do they’ll be ignoring the biggest signal voters have sent to politicians for many years & Teals will start making a list of Labor seats to target at the next election.

I sometimes fall for the trap of mistaking someone's ability to line their pockets and crawl over the bodies of people they've stabbed in the back on their way to the top of a stupid game for Intelligence but I honestly can't work out if this bloke is genuinely as thick as the simplistic, hypocritical nonsense he spouts or if its mostly an act.

I mean with Morrison, BoJob and The Don you can tell there is literally nothing inside them other than a diseased ego. An insatiable sociopathic need for money, power and control and to be the centre of attention. None of them actually believe anything because nothing is real beyond their own ego. But they all had an idiot savant talent for politics.

Dutton feels more like a corrupt cop who just keeps going after the next score. He seems more about the money. He doesn't seem to have any political wit beyond regurgitating the most simplistic RW slogans.
Well said.

Huh? If alp and lnp collude they have votes to sail through senate
Yep, sorry, wasn’t thinking straight.

Anyway, a strong anti-corruption body was such a key part of the Greens and Teals success that I think it would be a HUGE mistake for Labor to try and railroad this.

As another poster said, it would be a guaranteed way to get half a dozen credible Teals running in key Labor seats next election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to me that everyone has been so conditioned to accept politicisation of supposedly independent bodies over the past ten years some are having a hard time getting their heads around the idea of this federal ICAC actually being independent.
Another magnificent legacy of the Coalition.

Sow the seed in everyone's minds that government is by definition crap, and then go out of your way to prove that fact in real life.

Dutton should sack himself for his comments
he has said "the comments re gays and abortion are an abomination but this is separate from the role as CEO and thus he should be re-appointed"

The Arch Bishop should be sacked himself or move to a nation where Hate is lawful
he has quit the Essendon footy club citing "is this how we are going to treat people for their religious beliefs"

Why? The role of a board includes to legal requirement to provide a safe environment. They achieve this through adopting policies, governance and appointing a CEO. The CEO is responsible for VALUES, culture, leadership, creating policies and building a team that reflects the values.
So we have 2 issues here.........1) for the Team working in the organisation to adopt and mould their actions to the VALUES and culture, they need to believe in the values and culture. Seeing the CEO live and breathe those values is a big part of that.

2) The AFL has a draft. Gays and those who have had an abortion (women employees including players) or their partners, don't have a choice of employment due to the draft AND nor should they be forced to look for a safe place of employment.

Religious people a free to have a personal views, as are non-religious people, but both shouldn't ignore they have a legal requirement in other settings. If Dutton a "wanna be PM" doesn't get this, he should resign. If the Arch Bishop wants to preach hate or support hate, perhaps he should find a jurisdiction on the planet that doesn't have anti-discrimination laws and should be investigated in his own organisation as to whether it is a safe place of work.

Free speech warrior for white, wealthy Christian folk. Other’s not so much.
When you're finishing school is the Queensland Police I'm not sure what else to expect. If people are only speaking out now, imagine what it was like when Duton served, he must have been in his element.

Hey Dutton

You are a ******* weak soft utensil to use defamation law because you melt at criticism. You are a worthless piece of s**t. I am happy for you to take me to court as truth is a defence.

You are s**t

Signed crankyhawk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back