What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Long term this is excellent for the LNP.
How?

Liberals are currently getting painted with tar by the Christian Right. Morrison completely screws NSW and Matthew Guy says hold my beer.

Sure there are a few cookers in Australia who love Trump and Murdoch can rattle the blue rinse set, but sensible Australians want no part of this culture war bullshit.

Last edited:
Long term this is excellent for the LNP.
How so? To shore up support from their band of rusted-on culture warriors, already dwindling through natural attrition due to their advanced age?

I think this most recent election showed that the culture war trick ain't working with enough swinging voters any more.

Look how badly the Katherine Deves thing backfired.

How so? To shore up support from their band of rusted-on culture warriors, already dwindling through natural attrition due to their advanced age?

I think this most recent election showed that the culture war trick ain't working with enough swinging voters any more.

Look how badly the Katherine Deves thing backfired.
It's all very well to wage a culture war in a post Olympic glow with rivers of gold to handout and a cricket team that routinely spanked all comers. The Libs really need to let go of John Howard.

What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the country?

"What’s happening now is dead simple: later this week in the House of Representatives, the Liberal and National parties will once again vote against any form of serious emissions reduction.

That’s the truth. Voting against action to combat the climate crisis. This behaviour needs to be called for what it is."

A couple of absolute classics here ......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bandt just rendered him irrelevant

In terms of the Emissions Agreement. With The Greens announcing that they will vote for the Government Bill in both the Lower and Upper House.
Greens finally understanding that even little victories can be a good start.

I am hearing more about the Greens than I am about the LNP in my assorted scrolling and hearing snippets of news at home. Mostly on climate but could mean we'll move from an ALP vs LNP to ALP vs GRN in a few elections time.

I am probably wishful thinking tbf

I am hearing more about the Greens than I am about the LNP in my assorted scrolling and hearing snippets of news at home. Mostly on climate but could mean we'll move from an ALP vs LNP to ALP vs GRN in a few elections time.

I am probably wishful thinking tbf

It could happen. But teals too in kooyong both labor and green voters voted tactically for teal far more than lib voters

Greens finally understanding that even little victories can be a good start.
Maybe now the ALP will officially acknowledge that the reason the Greens rejected their CPRS was because they correctly identified it as a useless horseschitte policy that Treasury itself showed would produce zero reductions in emissions for the first 25 years of its operation.

Guess that's too much to ask. Think how much cleaner we could be by now if the ALP hadn't tried to put one over the entire nation.

Maybe now the ALP will officially acknowledge that the reason the Greens rejected their CPRS was because they correctly identified it as a useless horseschitte policy that Treasury itself showed would produce zero reductions in emissions for the first 25 years of its operation.

Guess that's too much to ask. Think how much cleaner we could be by now if the ALP hadn't tried to put one over the entire nation.

Would I be right saying you or they reject carbon pricing?

And someone not wearing a tie is their avenue of attack in Question Time?

In 2022?

How rooted in the past is this mob.

(Rhetorical Question - given they are still reaching out to John Winston Howard for advice we all know the answer).

It's all true you know, they shouldn't have got this guy as an advisor, let alone listened to him .....

They were never going to reinvent the bloody wheel in one single instance.
The Greens got shitty and instead of aiming for improvement, they sided with the coalition of all goddamn parties.
The Coalition was able to use this as one of the drivers for change at the election and then nothing was done for 9 years.
If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas. The Greens shot themselves in the foot massively.
Labor was not free of criticism at all.
But surely they could have done more than side with the guys who have shown themselves to be so adverse to any real attempt.
This is why today was important. Brandt and the party realise that this is just the first step. But an important one.

They were never going to reinvent the bloody wheel in one single instance.
The Greens got shitty and instead of aiming for improvement, they sided with the coalition of all goddamn parties.
The Coalition was able to use this as one of the drivers for change at the election and then nothing was done for 9 years.
If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas. The Greens shot themselves in the foot massively.
Labor was not free of criticism at all.
But surely they could have done more than side with the guys who have shown themselves to be so adverse to any real attempt.
This is why today was important. Brandt and the party realise that this is just the first step. But an important one.
Which part of "that Treasury itself showed would produce zero reductions in emissions for the first 25 years of its operation" are you having trouble understanding?

The CPRS was an insulting joke.

What credibility would the Greens have had if they approved it?

Can you imagine the sport that wrecking ball Tony Abbott would have had with a policy that did nothing but cost money, and didn't reduce emissions one iota for 25 bloody years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back