Victoria vs Western Australia State of Origin 2019 - Teams and Hypothetical Game - Pick your Squads and the outcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I used to love the big clashes during the 1990's whether it be the Big V up against W.A or their other arch rival South Australia. It's a shame we don't see it anymore but very understandable given the intense schedule as well as risk for injury in a pretty '' meaningless '' game. Nonetheless when they went at it hammer and tong it was a pretty special sight to see, whether it be moments like this

Or a young Brent Harvey collecting the E.J Whitten medal snagging 5 majors on that famous, memorable day where they fare welled the great man just mentioned

I assembled my hypothetical State of Origin Team for 2019 where the mighty Victorians go up against a star-studded Western Australian outfit boasting many big names and in form players like Tim Kelly of Geelong and Stephen Coniglio of the GWS Giants. There are several big name absentees as well as in-form players. You can't have them all however, but name who you wish in your assembled squad and have the outcome as you'd see it pan out. 5 are allowed on the Interchange too.

Full Back - Sicily Henry Stewart
Half Back - Blicavs Moore Houli
Midfield - Gaff Dangerfield Sidebottom
Half Forward - Ablett Hawkins De Goey
Full Forward - Gunston Cameron Bruest

Ruck - Grundy Pendlebury Shuey

Interchange - Crisp McEvoy Bontempelli Martin T lynch
Emergency - Oliver Gawn Boak Howe Heppell

Full Back - Pearce McGovern Ryan
Half Back - Johannisen Taylor Sheppard
Midfield - T Kelly Fyfe Coniglio
Half Forward - Walters Franklin Sheed
Full Forward Darling Kennedy Matera

Ruck - Ryder P Cripps Neale

Interchange - Yeo Jetta Wilson L Ryan Lobb
Emergency - B Hill Taberner Cole Hamling Redden

I can't leave out Flyin Ryan. Had him in, took him out but put him back in and Redden as an emergency.

Who would be in your side teams and give your outcome.

Last edited:
Richmond vs GWS (GWS the biggest chance of stopping the Tigers)
West Coast vs Collingwood (Pies aren’t winning at Optus)
Geelong vs Essendon (We match up well on the Cats at the G)
Demons vs Power (No Hawthorn, North or Sydney thanks)

Richmond vs GWS (GWS the biggest chance of stopping the Tigers)
West Coast vs Collingwood (Pies aren’t winning at Optus)
Geelong vs Essendon (We match up well on the Cats at the G)
Demons vs Power (No Hawthorn, North or Sydney thanks)
You'd think the Tigers would want to play us. :( Leaves most of the tkts to them .
I think a home EF is more probable for us though.

I used to love the big clashes during the 1990's whether it be the Big V up against W.A or their other arch rival South Australia. It's a shame we don't see it anymore but very understandable given the intense schedule as well as risk for injury in a pretty '' meaningless '' game. Nonetheless when they went at it hammer and tong it was a pretty special sight to see, whether it be moments like this

Or a young Brent Harvey collecting the E.J Whitten medal snagging 5 majors on that famous, memorable day where they fare welled the great man just mentioned

I assembled my hypothetical State of Origin Team for 2019 where the mighty Victorians go up against a star-studded Western Australian outfit boasting many big names and in form players like Tim Kelly of Geelong and Stephen Coniglio of the GWS Giants. There are several big name absentees as well as in-form players. You can't have them all however, but name who you wish in your assembled squad and have the outcome as you'd see it pan out. 5 are allowed on the Interchange too.

I can't leave out Flyin Ryan. Had him in, took him out but put him back in and Redden as an emergency.

Centre Line and midfield for Victoria *en hell. Hard to make room for them all.

Grundy is from SA,

My State of Origin squads if the AFL were to play the WAFL vs SANFL game as a curtain raiser to an AFL SOO match.
P.S I know Rance is injured but screw it. SOO.png

From Macpotata's WA SoO side - Neale is from SA and Pearce is from Tassie.

BigboyMcEvoy's WA SoO side is closer to the mark and would probably go all the way against allcomers.

I'm pretty sure Tim Kelly and Coniglio start ahead of Hill and Sheed on current form that WA side.

That Victorian side is ******* atrocious. Bruest is from NSW. Grundy is from SA. Try this one:

B: Stewart Moore Sicily
HB: Whitfield Blicavs Lloyd
C: J.Kelly Bontempelli Treloar
F: Ablett Hawkins Martin
FF: De Goey Cameron Greene
R: Gawn Dangerfield Macrae
I: Pendlebury Oliver Gaff Boak

I'm pretty sure Tim Kelly and Coniglio start ahead of Hill and Sheed on current form that WA side.

That Victorian side is ******* atrocious. Bruest is from NSW. Grundy is from SA. Try this one:

B: Stewart Moore Sicily
HB: Whitfield Blicavs Lloyd
C: J.Kelly Bontempelli Treloar
F: Ablett Hawkins Martin
FF: De Goey Cameron Greene
R: Gawn Martin Macrae
I: Pendlebury Oliver Gaff Boak

Who's the second Martin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to show that footy is bigger in WA than SA

Or otherwise, that they have better talent pathways

FB: J. Hamling, A. Rance, B. Sheppard

HB: E. Yeo, J. McGovern, D. Rich

C: S. Coniglio, T. Mitchell, S. Kelly

HF: M. Walters, J. Kennedy, M. Duncan

F: J. Martin, L. Franklin, J. Darling

R: P. Ryder, N. Fyfe, P. Cripps

I/C: C. Hooker, Z. Fisher, S. Menegola, B. Hill

Unlucky: Harry Taylor, Jason Johanisen, Rory Lobb, Jaeger O'Meara, Dom Sheed, SPS, David Swallow, Liam Ryan, Jamie Cripps, Matt de Boer

Last edited:
D6lo50wUEAEE08E.jpg

D6lo7_pU8AAZIVm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back