Opinion What would the ideal 2018 season fixture for St. Kilda look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

HavenMac

Rookie
Nov 16, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham, Dortmund, NY Rangers
What do you guys reckon would be a decent fixture outcome for the Saints next year? I see there's a rumour, whisper page up for the 2018 season so perhaps I should post in there instead... However I wanted to make a thread as it'd be my first one on this site.

Was trying to take into account which clubs would have more spectators for our home games (as I believe that helps the financials a bit) amongst other things... 5 interstate games (possibly 7 if by chance both the North and Hawks games were in Tassie)... 2 or 3 MCG matches away...

I'm probably way off with this 'prediction.' At the moment I haven't put rounds to the teams or any special occasion games (like Maddie's match etc).

Home:
1 Port Adelaide
2 Richmond
3 Collingwood
4 Adelaide
5 Essendon
6 Melbourne
7 Hawthorn
8 Carlton
9 Footscray
10 Fremantle
11 Sydney

Away:
12 North Melbourne
Richmond (x 2)
13 GWS
14 West Coast
15 Brisbane
16 Gold Coast
Melbourne (x2)
Port Adelaide (x2)
Footscray (x2)
Hawthorn (x2)
17 Geelong
Carlton (x2)

Two ways of looking at the ideal fixture, money or win. If it's wins then hopefully we play 2 in our group of 6 twice neither being wb or Essendon. We play one in the top group of 6 being wce and 2 in the bottom 6 being gc and Carlton. If it's money we play both the pies and tigers at home at the g and we travel to interstate against sides that wouldn't get anything but crap crowds if it was our home game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys reckon would be a decent fixture outcome for the Saints next year? I see there's a rumour, whisper page up for the 2018 season so perhaps I should post in there instead... However I wanted to make a thread as it'd be my first one on this site.

Was trying to take into account which clubs would have more spectators for our home games (as I believe that helps the financials a bit) amongst other things... 5 interstate games (possibly 7 if by chance both the North and Hawks games were in Tassie)... 2 or 3 MCG matches away...

I'm probably way off with this 'prediction.' At the moment I haven't put rounds to the teams or any special occasion games (like Maddie's match etc).

Home:
1 Port Adelaide
2 Richmond
3 Collingwood
4 Adelaide
5 Essendon
6 Melbourne
7 Hawthorn
8 Carlton
9 Footscray
10 Fremantle
11 Sydney

Away:
12 North Melbourne
Richmond (x 2)
13 GWS
14 West Coast
15 Brisbane
16 Gold Coast
Melbourne (x2)
Port Adelaide (x2)
Footscray (x2)
Hawthorn (x2)
17 Geelong
Carlton (x2)

Great first thread!

Knowing the afl we'll be playing two of the top six, three of our six, and one of the bottom six twice.
Knowing us that'll be Swans, GWS, WC, Melbourne, Bulldogs, North (if we get good friday, otherwise blockbusters against the Suns, Lions, or Freo).
We'll get one MCG game, one friday, lots of Sundays.

Well at least we play one more game than any other side which will help.

ideal stuff :
we play twice :
Brisbane(G & ES), Gold Coast(M & ES), Carlton(ES & ES), Melb (MCG & ES), Richmond (MCG & ES) .
we play once
Crows (ES), GWS (Syd),Geelong(ES), WCE(ES), Port(A), WB(ES), Fremantle(P), North(ES), hawks(T), swans(ES) Collingwood(ES) & Essendon(ES)

Essendon will get given a guaranteed finals draw so we will play them twice along with other teams that failed to make finals. We will definitely have Port and Adelaide away, Collingwood away and about 12 sunday twilight games. Anything they can dump n us outside of those we will take without complaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideal fixture

Sorry but the AFL would never provide the reality where those two words could co-exist when applied to St Kilda.

Just watch have the AFL will pander to the Dons when it comes out whereas we will be right royally shafted yet again.

Essendon will get given a guaranteed finals draw so we will play them twice along with other teams that failed to make finals. We will definitely have Port and Adelaide away, Collingwood away and about 12 sunday twilight games. Anything they can dump n us outside of those we will take without complaining.
i dont think we will get both Port and Crows in Adl again... we did the double in Perth and Adl this year cant see the AFL pushing that on us again .. we usually get Freo and port at their home because the poor crowds they draw

Fox sports fixture prediction has us doubling up on West Coast, Port, Dees, North and Brisbane. Would be happy with that particularly if West Coast drop off a bit.

Aren't we supposed to play one top six club, three middle six clubs and one bottom six club twice? That doesn't have us playing any top six clubs twice and two bottom six clubs twice. Looks pretty unlikely to me.

Anyway I don't necessarily want an easy fixture; I'd take middle of the road in difficulty without too much travel and good home games from a financial perspective. Two Friday night games (1H, 1A) would be good.

Edit: realised West Coast did actually make the top six...

Last edited:
Aren't we supposed to play one top six club, three middle six clubs and one bottom six club twice? That doesn't have us playing any top six clubs twice and two bottom six clubs twice. Looks pretty unlikely to me.

Anyway I don't necessarily want an easy fixture; I'd take middle of the road in difficulty without too much travel and good home games from a financial perspective. Two Friday night games (1H, 1A) would be good.

West Coast are counted as top six as they made the 2nd week of finals. Final ladder for this exercise based on post-finals results.

Richmond
Adelaide
Geelong
GWS
Sydney
West Coast
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Carlton
Gold Coast
Brisbane

You play at least 2 in your group and up to 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Coast are counted as top six as they made the 2nd week of finals. Final ladder for this exercise based on post-finals results.

Richmond
Adelaide
Geelong
GWS
Sydney
West Coast
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Carlton
Gold Coast
Brisbane

:oops:

Still think it's unlikely that we play two bottom six teams twice though.

Five home games at Etihad against....
North
Geelong
Sydney
Brisbane
Melbourne

Four home games at the MCG against....
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Essendon
Richmond

Two home games in New Zealand against....
Greater Western Sydney
Gold Coast

End of year Financial result - $2,000,000 surplus.

North
Geelong
Sydney
Brisbane
Melbourne

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Essendon
Richmond

Greater Western Sydney
Gold Coast

how's the parrot

North
Geelong
Sydney
Brisbane
Melbourne

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Essendon
Richmond

Greater Western Sydney
Gold Coast

Haha. Of course we will do that. NZ worked very well last time. Anyway the 4 games against those sides at the G is fanciful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back