What would you do if you were in charge of Sky News?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
It is a bit of a concern that Sky News has more talk shows (especially from the right wing sector) than hourly news updates which they used to do when they first started their news broadcasts in 1996.

So what would you do if you were in charge of Sky News? Would you keep the talk shows (ie Bolt, Paul Murray Live), or would you go back to hourly news updates every night?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is what the evening lineup would look like if I was in charge of Sky News:

6:00pm Sky News Update
6:30 Bolt
7:00 Sky News Update
7:30 Speers Live
8:00 Sky News Update
8:30 Credlin
9:00 Sky News Update
9:30 Paul Murray Live

I'd cut the bullshit and go straight to Chris Webb and that 65 year old fox anchor that tans her skin and bleaches her hair. Hannity would help, so would "Tucker".

The David Speers guy is too moderate and "leftist". Credlin belongs in a grass paddock somehwere in Gippsland and not on tv

This is what the evening lineup would look like if I was in charge of Sky News:

6:00pm Sky News Update
6:30 Bolt
7:00 Sky News Update
7:30 Speers Live
8:00 Sky News Update
8:30 Credlin
9:00 Sky News Update
9:30 Paul Murray Live

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sky during the day is mostly really good. Speers and co are great at what they do. Then after 6 PM it ceases to be a news channel and becomes a right wing news flavoured light entertainment channel. There are only so many times* you can watch a no-talent hack like Credlin implore her rich layabout viewers to 'have a wine while I explain the day's news to you' before you want to vomit.

*exactly one time

Sky during the day is mostly really good. Speers and co are great at what they do. Then after 6 PM it ceases to be a news channel and becomes a right wing news flavoured light entertainment channel. There are only so many times* you can watch a no-talent hack like Credlin implore her rich layabout viewers to 'have a wine while I explain the day's news to you' before you want to vomit.

*exactly one time
If I was in charge of Sky News, the only time people like Peta Credlin, Alan Jones, Paul Murray could be on the channel is for special events like Budget or Election Nights, but not on a daily or weekly basis. Save their opinions for their respective radio programs.

If you match up Sky News against the ABC News channel, ABC News wins hands down because it got the balance just right-news updates sandwiched in between opinion programs, whereas Sky is focused more on getting people like the ones I mentioned above to air their views on the day's events, which might be alright for the right wing faction but not for those who come home from work or going out to dinner and wants to get informed on what happened that day in local, national, and world news plus what happened in sport or finance as well.

To give you an idea of what I mean, compare Sky News TV listing to that of ABC News for a weekday evening:

SKY NEWS

6-7pm: Credlin
7-8pm: The Bolt Report
8-9pm: Kenny on Media
9-10pm: Paul Murray Live
10-11pm: PML Later

ABC NEWS

6-7pm: ABC News Hour
7-8pm: The Drum
8-9:45pm: ABC News Tonight
9:45-10pm: The Business
10-11pm: The World

So which news channel has the better lineup?

Last edited:
Maybe it’s time for Sky News to discard Andrew Bolt and have a 6pm News update every night with Peta Credlin’s show to follow afterwards.

So in this case, the Sky News evening lineup could look like this:

6-7pm: Sky News National

7-8pm: Credlin

8-9pm: Kenny on Media

9-11pm: Paul Murray Live

The problem here is that those shitty talkshows actually rate, at least by pay TV standards.
Using last night as an example, 3 of the top 10 shows on pay TV were Bolt and PML, with Credlin coming in at 12.

Sadly, Bolt rates.

Using right wing logic of their recent election losses being due to not being far right enough. I think Sky’s low ratings are due to the same factor.

So I propose full on doubling down, find their own Alex Jones info wars style program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back