Mod. Notice What would you like to see in 2019?

What would you like to see in 2019?

• Tipping Competition

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Knock-Out Tipping Competition

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Knock-Out Goal Kicking Competition

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Fantasy Football Competitions (SuperCoach, DreamTeam)

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Member of the Year & Rising Star Awards

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Meet Ups

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Saints Blog

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Saints Podcast

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
Hey all,

So in preparation for the 2019 season we are beginning to organise some things around the Saints board.

A poll has been attached, so please vote on what you would like to participate in this year.

If you are unsure of what one of the poll options are I am happy to explain it.

If you have any other suggestions, please post them here.

Thanks!

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Love my SC would happily join a league with the fellow Sainters on this board

Pop over to the Supercoach board as well mate. There'll be lots of good leagues to join.

Best game day threads by a mile too

Hey all,

So in preparation for the 2019 season we are beginning to organise some things around the Saints board.

A poll has been attached, so please vote on what you would like to participate in this year.

Thanks!

Where is the poll ? Or has it finished?

Don’t Panic !!

At the top?

Hmmm interesting . My iPad doesn’t show the poll , unless I go into settings and click on show web view and bingo there is the poll . I wonder what else I’ve missed out on over time lol .

Don’t Panic !!

One thing we will need no matter who does the podcast is a good name for it . Anyone have any thoughts? My opinion is a funny one would be better but that’s just my taste .
You could go for an obvious one like BigFooty Saints Podcast but it is a bit boring .
Everybody start thinking .

Don’t Panic !!

Hey all,

Thanks!

If no one else wants to do the podcast then I will . Then anyone who wants to talk about something on the podcast can skype in . I’ve been looking into how to do it in case no one can help get it going and it doesn’t appear too difficult although I know there will be issues at the beginning but who cares lol .

I was thinking along the lines of -
A review of the previous game
Including votes for Saint players etc
Short discussion about any issues in the afl at the time
Discussion about any topics brought up on a thread we start on the Saints Big Footy site .
Discussion about potential ins and outs for next game unless we do it after team selection then talk about team selection etc .
Discussion about the next game .
Anything else that people might suggest

Maybe all people who want to review or preview a game put their name on our thread and they get told they have to do round 1 etc . Then they know what week they have to skype in to do it .
If only a few show interest then they can just keep taking it in turn .
Other people can join in the discussions at any time to keep everyone interested as it is supposed to be a BigFooty Saints podcast . The more people involved the better .
Obviously we will record the podcast at the same time every week if possible so people know when to call in .

We do have to get organised so we can have a few trial runs to iron out any mistakes .

I certainly think it will be fun to get as many people as possible involved .

Anything I have missed ?

There is always the possibility in the future , only if people want it of course , of having someone from Sandy call in with a review of the Sandy games .

Don’t Panic !!

Hmmm interesting . My iPad doesn’t show the poll , unless I go into settings and click on show web view and bingo there is the poll . I wonder what else I’ve missed out on over time lol .

Don’t Panic !!
May be due to Tapatalk? Not sure if that would show the polls

If no one else wants to do the podcast then I will . Then anyone who wants to talk about something on the podcast can skype in . I’ve been looking into how to do it in case no one can help get it going and it doesn’t appear too difficult although I know there will be issues at the beginning but who cares lol .

I was thinking along the lines of -
A review of the previous game
Including votes for Saint players etc
Short discussion about any issues in the afl at the time
Discussion about any topics brought up on a thread we start on the Saints Big Footy site .
Discussion about potential ins and outs for next game unless we do it after team selection then talk about team selection etc .
Discussion about the next game .
Anything else that people might suggest

Maybe all people who want to review or preview a game put their name on our thread and they get told they have to do round 1 etc . Then they know what week they have to skype in to do it .
If only a few show interest then they can just keep taking it in turn .
Other people can join in the discussions at any time to keep everyone interested as it is supposed to be a BigFooty Saints podcast . The more people involved the better .
Obviously we will record the podcast at the same time every week if possible so people know when to call in .

We do have to get organised so we can have a few trial runs to iron out any mistakes .

I certainly think it will be fun to get as many people as possible involved .

Anything I have missed ?

There is always the possibility in the future , only if people want it of course , of having someone from Sandy call in with a review of the Sandy games .

Don’t Panic !!
Sounds good mate!

Lybsyn seem pretty good . Prices start at $5 , $15 , $20 etc per month . I think the longer the podcast then the more expensive it is , or maybe if you want to have older podcasts available as you go on then it costs more .

Lybsyn seem pretty good . Prices start at $5 , $15 , $20 etc per month . I think the longer the podcast then the more expensive it is , or maybe if you want to have older podcasts available as you go on then it costs more .
Maybe possible to store it on the BigFooty servers?

Good idea , maybe George can check out what the other big footy podcasts are doing . Would be great if we don’t have to pay .

Don’t Panic !!

Yeah George says we can have it hosted on the big footy site so that saves money .

Don’t Panic !!

Back