Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Glasgow Warriors
Team - as we roll towards the start of the 2019 Season we are canvassing what you want to see happen on your board. What do you want to be involved in, what do you think will be fun, what do you think will contribute to a good year for our board.

Please vote above, if you select other (or just if you have suggestions) please post them here, or feel free to PM us if you have suggestions you don't want to post publically for any reason.

Thanks to ST Kilda Mod George because I shamelessly lifted this idea from him!

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Without being negative, none of those things especially appeals to me.

The big ticket items for me as a bf regular are;
  • training reports
  • in depth insights such as the ones Arcassius brought us re Neale and his manager Tim
  • analysis of things related to the team and its development and what we see at training and on game day
  • stuff to do with the Academy that usually isn't accessible
  • reports about Peel
  • i really enjoy reading insights about game plan and how they relate to defence/midfield/forwards/overall. Getting most of my footy fix via the tv these days is limited in that regard. Love it when posters who analyse stats and mix in their live observations. I think we are beginning to step into a new phase as a team, and a forum for discussion about how that is happening would be interesting (without it descending into a crack at the coach).

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Without being negative, none of those things especially appeals to me.

The big ticket items for me as a bf regular are;
  • training reports
  • in depth insights such as the ones Arcassius brought us re Neale and his manager Tim
  • analysis of things related to the team and its development and what we see at training and on game day
  • stuff to do with the Academy that usually isn't accessible
  • reports about Peel
  • i really enjoy reading insights about game plan and how they relate to defence/midfield/forwards/overall. Getting most of my footy fix via the tv these days is limited in that regard. Love it when posters who analyse stats and mix in their live observations. I think we are beginning to step into a new phase as a team, and a forum for discussion about how that is happening would be interesting (without it descending into a crack at the coach).

That's great thanks. Would you consider volunteering taking the lead on any of these things?

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
That's great thanks. Would you consider volunteering taking the lead on any of these things?
Well, I live in Bali, and also travel about 30% of the year, so I would put myself down as one of the least reliable. Also by definition can't contribute to training reports, Peel insights, Academy things. Regarding the last item, I could have a think about what I think readers would enjoy. Could be by way of inviting some posters to submit something at the bye, pre finals, post finals type thing.

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well, I live in Bali, and also travel about 30% of the year, so I would put myself down as one of the least reliable. Also by definition can't contribute to training reports, Peel insights, Academy things. Regarding the last item, I could have a think about what I think readers would enjoy. Could be by way of inviting some posters to submit something at the bye, pre finals, post finals type thing.
I think most of us enjoy most of the things you listed. Discussion about the game plan and how the stats support the game plan concepts etc are great. If you come up with some way of encouraging that discussion and discourage insights getting lost in game day threads or whatever it would be great.

Team - as we roll towards the start of the 2019 Season we are canvassing what you want to see happen on your board. What do you want to be involved in, what do you think will be fun, what do you think will contribute to a good year for our board.

Please vote above, if you select other (or just if you have suggestions) please post them here, or feel free to PM us if you have suggestions you don't want to post publically for any reason.

Thanks to ST Kilda Mod George because I shamelessly lifted this idea from him!
I aim to pleaae :)

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
All opposition posters should be barred from replying on teams home boards , apart from one open thread " oppo dribble here " on every home board

I can't recall seeing many decent discussions instigated by opposition supporters and 99% of the time a home poster will take offence at something they say and it descends into name calling and thread bans by the mods. There is enough animosity between differing viewpoints of home fans on here without all the oppo posters coming on here and throwing their lines in the water looking for a bite

1 thread for all oppo posters questions and trolling and the rest set as Freo only , go and fly the flag on the main board or the bay if your looking for some trouble but leave the team boards mostly to the team fans I say

I know there is no way to stop the alias accounts and stuff but they are pretty easy to spot for the most part and should be nipped in the bud as quickly as possible

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I think this may have been suggested before, but could we give "top right hand corner badges" (don't know the technical term) out to those great people that write training reports? Something like "Ace Reporter" would be apt....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I think this may have been suggested before, but could we give "top right hand corner badges" (don't know the technical term) out to those great people that write training reports? Something like "Ace Reporter" would be apt....

Yes there is a medal available for great content contribution.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
How about trying to organise a press pass, conferred on a clubs nominated poster. Might actually have a chance to hear deeper questions asked periodically - as opposed to the brilliant questions of "Shane" and his ilk. Sorta thing where the Freo pass allows you into the Freo press conferences - not suggesting open season on AFL house, opposition press conferences etc along with some access to club officials etc for some Q&A periodically .

They then post their report into a stickied thread. Plenty of opportunity for people to take bits and pieces out of that to chat about in a range of different threads.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Yes this is something I'll get onto as soon as my uni exams finish the end of the week.

How about trying to organise a press pass, conferred on a clubs nominated poster. Might actually have a chance to hear deeper questions asked periodically - as opposed to the brilliant questions of "Shane" and his ilk. Sorta thing where the Freo pass allows you into the Freo press conferences - not suggesting open season on AFL house, opposition press conferences etc along with some access to club officials etc for some Q&A periodically .

They then post their report into a stickied thread. Plenty of opportunity for people to take bits and pieces out of that to chat about in a range of different threads.
This would be amazing but it's also quite impossible. The AFL are really strict with their press passes (surprisingly, considering some of the people that do have them) because press passes also get you into secure areas so there's background checks & stuff that need to be done

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I haven't seen samFFC post here lately but am hoping he'll still run the Tontine comp, I love that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back