Mod. Notice What Would You Like To See On The Boards In 2011?

Remove this Banner Ad

shawthing09

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We of moddom are looking at starting up some new things for season 2011. What regular threads, ideas etc would you like to see as part of the boards in 2011. This is your chance to have your say so partcipate in the brain storm and possibly shape your bigfooty.

Re: What would you like to see on the boards in 2011

I would like if someone can go to VFL Games and Record Them and Put them up in a VFL Video Thread where everyone can get the Game's. Through Legal Torrents or Other Means

I would like if someone can go to VFL Games and Record Them and Put them up in a VFL Video Thread where everyone can get the Game's. Through Legal Torrents or Other Means

Are you volunteering to be VFL recorder guy? thanks dave that is so kind of you.

Going on from TDs idea, I'd like someone to meet me at Collingwood home games and wait in line for food and drinks while I watch the football.

when you say boards do i assume you mean ALL boards, not just the pies ?

Pies specific, but I thought to be fair someone may have a killer idea for the nest and we may aswell include that too, hence boards.

Are you volunteering to be VFL recorder guy? thanks dave that is so kind of you.

Don't have any Video Equipment and Also how would you do it?

I can help people get the Torrent Up after Gettting the Footage I am more than happy to help

Don't have any Video Equipment and Also how would you do it?

I can help people get the Torrent Up after Gettting the Footage I am more than happy to help

I was joking Dave, my point is no one has the time to be going to that kind of effort. I think realistically you should have went with something like "I'd like more accurate and up to date feedback on the VFL matches" this we are working on.

I was joking Dave, my point is no one has the time to be going to that kind of effort. I think realistically you should have went with something like "I'd like more accurate and up to date feedback on the VFL matches" this we are working on.

Hey If I get the Equipment I would probably try but I don't know what the VFL or Collingwood or Police would say if I did that. I don't think my sister would lend me her HD Video Camera:(

Can people get stats for the VFL Games?

What we would love to see is more involvement from people in different initiatives. This is your chance to take greater ownership of the board and what is happening on it.

If you have any ideas about what you would like to see on the board nows the time to throw them out there. We have a few ideas brewing (stay tuned) but it would be much more fruitful getting input from everyone on the board.

Cheers for getting the brainstorming going Dave. Getting video footage of the VFL games is probably being a little optimistic but along that line of thinking it would great to get some regular VFL reviews going. I remember there used to a few posters doing them fairly regularly (almost every week) but they dropped off last year I think partly because the posters doing them stopped or slowed down and partly because of clashes with the AFL team. It was also hard to organise in advance because people often don't know if they are going to the VFL game until short notice. If anyone is interested in doing VFL reviews even semi-regularly let us know because that would be absolutely awesome.

One other thread idea would be to have a discussion thread for non-Collingwood AFL talk - basically all the other teams - but where opposition supporters are not allowed to post. This would give Collingwood posters a place to discuss general football stuff in peace without the mainboard style s**t fights that are inevitable when discussing other teams.

One other thread idea would be to have a discussion thread for non-Collingwood AFL talk - basically all the other teams - but where opposition supporters are not allowed to post. This would give Collingwood posters a place to discuss general football stuff in peace without the mainboard style s**t fights that are inevitable when discussing other teams.

I like this idea.

Usually when there is a big story in the AFL, I end up discussing it on Nicks BB more then the main board here, due to the fact that as a Collingwood supporting poster, your opinion is almost entirely "ignored" or seen as wrong, no matter what you write.

Another idea, I think someone may have mentioned it prior to last season, is to have an opposition thread, in the lead up to each game, where we can discuss and report anything we know or have seen about our upcoming opposition, and how we will go about dismantling that weeks opposition.

I'm happy to also continue the "Matchday Discussion" threads, unless someone really wants to take them off my hands.:)

Hey Matty please keep going with those match day threads - :thumbsu:

Shawthing/Quicky - i would like to see a thread opened for opposition posters allowed to come on and post about us and their teams. Kinda like the Essendon board has got going. At least till the first game anyways - then discussion could move to match day/week thread perhaps.

I enjoy discussion with opposition supporters allowing them a little leniency initially may not go too bad? I avoid the main board most of the time - i know it could get out of control - then again worth a try perhaps?

Like the idea of a closed "Collingwood only" posters for non-Collingwood chat type discussion also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both the closed Collingwood only and the the match day thread ideas have strong merit but I would be very wary of allowing too free a rein on opposition supporters on our board. Things could get very nasty indeed if we are heading into the finals in the same shape as last year, there are some who still won't accept us as legitimate premiers and that would be intensified with a looming possible repeat.
One small Idea is an honour roster for friends of our boards in the form of a sticky. People and organisations that that show goodwill and support could be recognized in a small but meaningful way. Perhaps even provenly sensible and open minded opposition supporters could be voted onto it - I'd happily vote for H A D from the Hawthorn board right now as a common sense and reasonable poster.

There are a number of threads that aren't stickied but are worthy of front page links (contract statuses, wallpapers, and future magpies watch come to mind) I don't have an awesome solution but some way of linking them from the front page would be great.

In my head I imagine a box on the right hand side (instead of ads!) with direct links to these threads. I don't think a stickied thread that contains links to these threads is the answer. I want to hit the Collingwood link on the left and subsequently be able to directly see that someone more awesome than me has uploaded a few new wallpapers or that Dane Swans contract now extends through to 2020.

Although I am sure structural change to BF isn't on the list of things you can do it's just something I'd like to see

There are a number of threads that aren't stickied but are worthy of front page links (contract statuses, wallpapers, and future magpies watch come to mind) I don't have an awesome solution but some way of linking them from the front page would be great.

In my head I imagine a box on the right hand side (instead of ads!) with direct links to these threads. I don't think a stickied thread that contains links to these threads is the answer. I want to hit the Collingwood link on the left and subsequently be able to directly see that someone more awesome than me has uploaded a few new wallpapers or that Dane Swans contract now extends through to 2020.

Although I am sure structural change to BF isn't on the list of things you can do it's just something I'd like to see

We use the sticky thread of links to important threads for that stuff.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717163

I'm happy to also continue the "Matchday Discussion" threads, unless someone really wants to take them off my hands.:)

That would be great Mattys. They are all yours if you are happy to do them.

Scrap the buddy board and make it a VFL board

What are other peoples thoughts on this? I'd be interested in what the active buddys think of this in particular. I've got to say it has crossed my mind before to make a VFL sub board instead of the Buddy Board. I guess the biggest problem with that is that it might be a bit out of sight out of mind as a subboard where as a weekly VFL thread on the front page might attract more traffic.

Shawthing/Quicky - i would like to see a thread opened for opposition posters allowed to come on and post about us and their teams. Kinda like the Essendon board has got going. At least till the first game anyways - then discussion could move to match day/week thread perhaps.

I enjoy discussion with opposition supporters allowing them a little leniency initially may not go too bad? I avoid the main board most of the time - i know it could get out of control - then again worth a try perhaps?

Both the closed Collingwood only and the the match day thread ideas have strong merit but I would be very wary of allowing too free a rein on opposition supporters on our board. Things could get very nasty indeed if we are heading into the finals in the same shape as last year, there are some who still won't accept us as legitimate premiers and that would be intensified with a looming possible repeat.

We try to be pretty accepting and friendly of opposition posters as it is. Compared to some other boards we are alot less sensitive. I know some Collingwood posters have taken acception to this in the past - reality is it is a difficult balance. Trolls obviously get dealt with swift justice but we try to encourage contstructive debate from opposition posters as much as possible. Alot of this is outside the mods control - i'd encourage people to engage opposition supporters if they are being constructive, they tend to come back if you do and this improves the board. Equally i'd encourage posters to ignore trolls and report offending posts which helps prevent s**t fights. There is a balance to all this and given we are already pretty lenient I wouldn't want to go any further. While we want to encourage constructive debate this is also the Collingwood board and a place Collingwood posters have the right to feel comfortable posting.

On the idea of having a thread started for posting about their teams I think during the season DaVe's previews largely offer this.

But I don't think it would be a bad idea at all to have a more generic thread on that topic at all especially over the preseason. If you would like to start that Lozza I think it would be a very worthy idea.

Unfortunately our hands are tied in this regard, it's not something I can change. It is an idea I will definitely let admin know about though.

Obviously with important links that is what the sticky is for. If anyone feels a thread isn't included that deserves to be feel free to pm a mod about it and we'll see if we think it should be added to the thread.

As a former treasurer of the Cheersquad in the days before the current censorship, one of the weekly hilights was coming up with witty and often cutting banner slogans !
A personal favorite was at Carlscums home ground when we referred to Percy Jones and and a well known Melbourne mental hospital !

But it would be fun to see what the talented members on here can come up with each week, seeing as we will never see anything witty on banners these days.

Darn it I hate change :eek:

If it ain't broke don't fixit :D

First two things that came to mind. But it is inevitable.......... just make sure that bloke keeps postin in the hot chick thread thats :cool:

It would be sad to see the buddy board go but unless there are a few more willing to contribute and support the players and try and emulate the great work DThomas does it might have to make way for the VFL.

Come on "SPEAK NOW" and get behind it .... or lose it:(

The closed Collingwood thingy is sorta available with the player sponsorship members and is really not used but perhaps some privacy from pesky trolls could get more members contributing.

But overall I am pretty happy with the things are just lack enough time in the day :thumbsu:

As a former treasurer of the Cheersquad in the days before the current censorship, one of the weekly hilights was coming up with witty and often cutting banner slogans !
A personal favorite was at Carlscums home ground when we referred to Percy Jones and and a well known Melbourne mental hospital !

But it would be fun to see what the talented members on here can come up with each week, seeing as we will never see anything witty on banners these days.

Sounds like we need your experience in creating a new one every week for us :p

Sounds like we need your experience in creating a new one every week for us :p

Sure, will try and re hash some of the good ones and come up with some new ones. Shouldn't be too hard seeing as we are Premiers and in my years we lost 4 GF's and had to put up with some cutting banners from everyone else. BUT we gave as good as we got.

ROFL.
I nominate Dave the Man.:thumbsu::)

A tipping competition that someone is willing to keep up to date with a small prize at the end :)

I would love the club to open up a little more to the BF Magpies and allow some of the passionate supporters to interview players once a week with the resulting conversation posted on a thread here. Questions could be posed by other posters in the leadup to the interview to create input from a number of posters.

I know it is out of the Mods control but anyone closer to the club could get things rolling, I think it would be great!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back