What would you want a second chance at if you could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What are some things in life that if you could be able to go back and do it all over again what would they be.
Doesn't even have to be a regret. Could be something you have enjoyed once in the past but for what ever reason just dont do anymore and would love another chance if it was possible to do it all again.

For me I'd love to be able to go back and redo my footy career. I played from under 14s and gave it up when I was 20. Kind of wish I continued in my twenties.

I also would love to do my school education again. This time I would not be the awkward quite nervous kid I was and I might even actually try more then I did.

Probally those two for mine I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is topical as I'm now at the tail end of my 20s.
I'm happy with my educational , career and financial achievements but have little to show for it in terms of progress in my relationship/ personal life :(
Time to ensure that my 30s aren't wasted too .

Go back to roughly this time in 2010.

2012 to 2018 was such a waste. Employment hardship, career hardship and some poorly thought out financial decisions.

Basically life from the age of 17. Dad died when I was 20, have made a lot of poor decisions since and haven't really had the chance to live.

It's a credit to your maturity that you can reflect so honestly about it.
That counts for something- not everyone who makes 'a lot of poor choices' can even consciously recognise that's what they've been doing.

Decisions cannot be undone and consequences cannot be reversed... but you can use that maturity you have to improve your decisions going forward.

I called it maturity- but could have equally said wisdom.
You have the wisdom to make better choices in the future because of your ability to recognise you have made poor decisions.

You're ahead of many others in that regard- well done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a credit to your maturity that you can reflect so honestly about it.
That counts for something- not everyone who makes 'a lot of poor choices' can even consciously recognise that's what they've been doing.

Decisions cannot be undone and consequences cannot be reversed... but you can use that maturity you have to improve your decisions going forward.

I called it maturity- but could have equally said wisdom.
You have the wisdom to make better choices in the future because of your ability to recognise you have made poor decisions.

You're ahead of many others in that regard- well done

Very kind words, thank you.

Truth is I recognised this a few years ago and have been grinding my way through the past 2 and a half years. Should start paying off soon. To me life is just one big lesson.

Very kind words, thank you.

Truth is I recognised this a few years ago and have been grinding my way through the past 2 and a half years. Should start paying off soon. To me life is just one big lesson.

Good on you- stick at it.
We're conditioned to expect instantaneous change and results, but reality is far slower.

I like to think about those huge oil tankers- they are the biggest moving objects on the planet.

If you want to make a turn when steering one....you need to turn the wheel and do a whole lot of waiting before anything even STARTS happening...
And even once your oil tanker has started turning- it happens so slowly it's hard to even perceive that you're making a turn at all.

But given enough time- you will eventually notice that you really DID make a big turn- and you're headed in a much different direction.

Drank far too much between the ages of 17 and 23 to the detriment of just about everything else, if I could go back I'd cut it back by at least half and who knows what possibilities could have opened up.

I haven't done anything so horrendously bad in my past that it's worth changing. I might bet ten grand on Gold Coast to beat Sydney at quarter time last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back