Certified Legendary Thread What you imagine fellow Adelaide posters to look like....

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps that’s why male suicide rates are rising.... everybodys more concerned about making a smart arse comment than hearing a plea for help.

I wasn't going to post a smart arse comment, I was going to post along the lines of who gives a s**t. Bigfooty getting you down, logout and don't log back in. No need to announce it to the world. Imagine if everyone posted about their personal battles on this forum, board would be full of it. Time and place.

Nah some guy on the Main Board started a thread about how he was 'quitting' Big Footy because he didn't think it was good for him and that he felt depressed and suicidal and I (foolishly) just posted flippantly as a reflex 'take care, brush your hair'. Hope the bloke is okay but starting a thread about how you are quitting posting on an internet forum to me sounds like attention-seeking and probably the worse thing you can do to try to get better (as someone who has sort of been in the same situation many years ago). Many he just needs positive reinforcement or something who knows. If you don't want to post on a forum anymore just don't do it anymore, I don't see the need to announce it.
To be honest with you, the majority on BF seem to be in "banter" mode, and not many seem to want to be in a "serious/sympathetic" mode. The guy you mentioned is a good member who I've seen post stuff on many occasions. He's been on here for a long time, so I think his main intention was to say goodbye to a lot of his Bigfooty buddies. The majority of great responses on that thread tells you he is well liked. It was also good in my eyes, that he made mention to remind everyone of their mental health. Real life matters is much more important than what goes on in BigFooty.

To be honest with you, the majority on BF seem to be in "banter" mode, and not many seem to want to be in a "serious/sympathetic" mode. The guy you mentioned is a good member who I've seen post stuff on many occasions. He's been on here for a long time, so I think his main intention was to say goodbye to a lot of his Bigfooty buddies. The majority of great responses on that thread tells you he is well liked. It was also good in my eyes, that he made mention to remind everyone of their mental health. Real life matters is much more important than what goes on in BigFooty.

Yep agree completely.

Grey Crow
36AB9FA500000578-3712825-image-a-1_1469715827980.jpg
I'm not that fit

Nah some guy on the Main Board started a thread about how he was 'quitting' Big Footy because he didn't think it was good for him and that he felt depressed and suicidal and I (foolishly) just posted flippantly as a reflex 'take care, brush your hair'. Hope the bloke is okay but starting a thread about how you are quitting posting on an internet forum to me sounds like attention-seeking and probably the worse thing you can do to try to get better (as someone who has sort of been in the same situation many years ago). Many he just needs positive reinforcement or something who knows. If you don't want to post on a forum anymore just don't do it anymore, I don't see the need to announce it.
Ah, ok.

Tbh, I wanted to point out to him that I noticed many times that he has posted very antagonistically on the main board, calling people stupid, bagging supporters etc and if Big Footy “exarcerbates my anxiety” as he claims, then he should maybe look at his own actions first and foremost. But, ultimately I thought that response wouldn’t lead anywhere good, so I refrained.

I can kind if understand how FB can have a real impact on your life ie bullying as it is not anonymous.

But BF? It is anonymous. For all we know the vast majority of BF posters could just be three guys in a room posting to generate traffic for Chief lol.

Easy to step away and forget it exists if you want to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ah, ok.

Tbh, I wanted to point out to him that I noticed many times that he has posted very antagonistically on the main board, calling people stupid, bagging supporters etc and if Big Footy “exarcerbates my anxiety” as he claims, then he should maybe look at his own actions first and foremost. But, ultimately I thought that response wouldn’t lead anywhere good, so I refrained.
I had a 'i'm 6'8 and 220kg you dont wanna mess with me ' post directed at me. shrug. I can see how forums can upset people , especially when words struggle to convey the meaning you are after, I know how much of a crutch forums can be in dark times or even low times, but self-care has to be number 1. If you are struggling on here , reach out or find an alternative

I had a 'i'm 6'8 and 220kg you dont wanna mess with me ' post directed at me. shrug. I can see how forums can upset people , especially when words struggle to convey the meaning you are after, I know how much of a crutch forums can be in dark times or even low times, but self-care has to be number 1. If you are struggling on here , reach out or find an alternative
Was that comment from him?

Ah, ok.

He has been very protective of the Dees, taking it so seriously it has consumed him.

I have no issue he has recognised this & walked away for the good of his health.

Many of us are serious about footy, but when it become all consuming, time to smell the roses & have a break...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like an easy guy to run away from...

He has been very protective of the Dees, taking it so seriously it has consumed him.

I have no issue he has recognised this & walked away for the good of his health.

Many of us are serious about footy, but when it become all consuming, time to smell the roses & have a break...
Footy is meant to be fun. That should be the approach of this place.

the bigfooty admin should do a bigfooty AFL round where if you go the a AFL match you can wear a large Bigfooty name badge so those who are game can identify what they look like, it would certainly make the game more interesting

the bigfooty admin should do a bigfooty AFL round where if you go the a AFL match you can wear a large Bigfooty name badge so those who are game can identify what they look like, it would certainly make the game more interesting
What ????
Coming from a Club that hides people in tents ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back