Opinion What young forward has the most potential?

Remove this Banner Ad

eld246

Team Captain
May 27, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Who is the best young forward in the game? I know Buddy Franklin and Roughead are still young men but I'm talking about potential stars who are just starting out their careers. I may be biased but I think Essendon has 2 potential superstars in Gumbleton and Hurley. Tippett also would have to be a candidate.

White Hurley Gumby Grant Mayne Watts Walker Garlett Hawkins Mckinley Hooper he's 20 or 21. and lastley Higgins.

while i definately think Watts :D:D

i wont say him because i havent got the evidence of perfomance at AFL level to back it up (even though ive watched him at Casey and some of the things he did there were sublime)

i will have to say that the best young forward looks to be....

Jack Reidwolt.... currently has 28ish goals to his name if im not mistaken... not a bad return for a forward in a 1-9 side, especially considering the leading goalkicker is on 34
verry promising for the tiges, especially with Cotchin, Deledio and Martin all looking very classy... and D jackson, as the tough nut

In terms of potential, Watts is hard to go by. He's got all the tools, and the 'potential' to be an absolute superstar. But potential is a dirty word and who knows whether he will realise his potential.

White Hurley Gumby Grant Mayne Watts Walker Garlett Hawkins Mckinley Hooper he's 20 or 21. and lastley Higgins.

Call me biased but I think Essendon's future looks bright with Hurley and Gumby. I think Watts, Kennedy, Tippett look the best of the rest. I don't really rate small forwards as I think they all want to play in the midfield but some of them don't have the talent/tank.

Jack Riewoldt. Playing in the bottom side, gets terrible delivery but has kicked 34 goals already this year. Is in line to kick about 60-70 for a 21 yo forward is pretty good...

Also, have to say Hurley and Kennedy - They will both be stars!

From a pure potential standpoint I would say Troy Taylor.

There will be the obvious choices of Lance Franklin, Kurt Tippett and others. But why I choose Taylor is that these are always quality forwards already. I'm mainly basing my choice on the fact that he isn't there yet, but his roof is as high as any forward if he puts in the hard work in his time at Richmond he could be as good as anyone because he can do the special.

I would have said Jack Riewolt up until this round, because I think his potential is well and truly exposed now with his 10 goal bag against the Eagles. Having seen a bit more of Taylor Walker than probably most Victorians, I can say without a shadow of doubt that he's got huge potential, but whether he reaches is or not is another thing entirely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many years/games has Kennedy played? Not sure he is just starting out!

Grant from the Bulldongs looks very sharp, i also like the way Gumbelton and Hurley look. Pettard from melbourne looked like he knew how to take a grab and convert despite being only medium sized.

In terms of potential, Watts is hard to go by. He's got all the tools, and the 'potential' to be an absolute superstar. But potential is a dirty word and who knows whether he will realise his potential.

Could not agree more.
Jack watts has so much potential and could be a great of the game. However, many players have had potential but delivered littled. Lets hope he delivers on a promising and bright 10 + years.

Could not agree more.
Jack watts has so much potential and could be a great of the game. However, many players have had potential but delivered littled. Lets hope he delivers on a promising and bright 10 + years.
Liam Jurrah!

Jack Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy and Taylor Walker - Are the KPF's that i think have a lot of potential along with Jack Watts, But, time will tell with Jack, when he fills out and grows into a powerful forward.

After Riewoldt's year, he is already established. As in Franklin, Josh Kennedy.

Watts is a joke, could be top 10 worst recruiting decision in history.

Taylor Walker easily has the most potential. Youtube him if you need evidence.

After Riewoldt's year, he is already established. As in Franklin, Josh Kennedy.

Watts is a joke, could be top 10 worst recruiting decision in history.

Taylor Walker easily has the most potential. Youtube him if you need evidence.

haha cool, sure watts has only played 18 games, but lets write him off shall we??? COOL!

btw, if taylor walker has a better career than watts i will kill myself

haha cool, sure watts has only played 18 games, but lets write him off shall we??? COOL!

btw, if taylor walker has a better career than watts i will kill myself

luckily for you, i won't hold you to that.

and watts has only played 18 games cause he's crap :) despite the dees not having a kpf, he still struggles to make the team.

luckily for you, i won't hold you to that.

and watts has only played 18 games cause he's crap :) despite the dees not having a kpf, he still struggles to make the team.

... ill let that go through to the keeper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back