Whateley leaves ABC for SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so sure Whateley only doing four days - if that's the plan - will ingratiate him to the masses.

From what I've heard his delivery is monotone, there's little to no controversy or news breaking and the regulars I've heard aren't particularly enthralling. Had his dad on the other day.:(

Why didn't he get Peter Moody on today to talk about the doping scandal? He'd have an expert insight.

I doubt Racing Victoria want Moody to be commentating over this matter - In the past Moody and his wife have been fined by RV for tweets and the like.

I doubt Racing Victoria want Moody to be commentating over this matter - In the past Moody and his wife have been fined by RV for tweets and the like.

But Whateley was happy to have him on last week? I don't know how you can be jumping up and down screaming shame about doping one minute and supporting someone suspended over such an offence the next...

The problem for SEN is that the 3rd Test between South Africa and Australia starts at 7pm...at the same time as the AFL Round 1 game between Richmond and Carlton begins. So SEN has to make a big call...do they recall Gerard Whateley back from South Africa to cover the Tigers v Blues match, or allow him to stay in South Africa to call the Third Test?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem for SEN is that the 3rd Test between South Africa and Australia starts at 7pm...at the same time as the AFL Round 1 game between Richmond and Carlton begins. So SEN has to make a big call...do they recall Gerard Whateley back from South Africa to cover the Tigers v Blues match, or allow him to stay in South Africa to call the Third Test?

He's not doing tests 3 and 4, Jack Heverin is.

He's not doing tests 3 and 4, Jack Heverin is.

*. Really? I hadn't heard that :(

Not that I care. The commentary that comes out of South Africa's tv coverage is excellent, so having 2 radio stations covering it is a bit superfluous for those with Foxtel.

****. Really? I hadn't heard that :(

Not that I care. The commentary that comes out of South Africa's tv coverage is excellent, so having 2 radio stations covering it is a bit superfluous for those with Foxtel.

AFL360 takes precedence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You come back for the football of course. Christ, who gives a rats arse about a meaningless test who's result is completely forgotten the day after its finished. Im staggered they are going over there to cover it at all !!

Its a tough decision for SEN management to make regarding Whateley cricket or AFL football

Not really.
If he has a contract with Foxtel to do a footy program he is already committed to that and was never going to be able to call the Test match on the week round 1 begins. So he will be back here anyway so naturally will be part of game coverage in that time.

Not really.
If he has a contract with Foxtel to do a footy program he is already committed to that and was never going to be able to call the Test match on the week round 1 begins. So he will be back here anyway so naturally will be part of game coverage in that time.

Does he have a contract with SEN too?

The same thing happened with the India tour last year when Whateley was with ABC. He did the first couple of Tests and then came back in time for round 1 of the footy.

You come back for the football of course. Christ, who gives a rats arse about a meaningless test who's result is completely forgotten the day after its finished. Im staggered they are going over there to cover it at all !!
Bro. Your perspective on the significance of cricket in Australia, and the status of the upcoming Test series, is way off the mark. Your opinion is not accurate in every context.

What sporting events in Australia during the next month are more ‘meaningful’?

All sport is meaningless. Life is meaningless. You're boring.

Gerards new job not bad, racking up the frequent flyer points, crossing a few items off his sporting event bucket list at Huchy's expense, if Winx goes to London, i suspect Gerard will not be far behind, probably a salary increase from ABC as well, respect.

I was thinking the other day about his workload with the daily SEN show, Fox and calling sport.

The SEN show even at four days a week is a tough one compared to FM radio where they can pre record more content and play Music on top of adds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back