Toast Whatever doesn't kill me will only make me stronger - THE KEEP YA CHIN UP EMPORIUM

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ya know what's keeping my chin up?

The fact that two of our key off-field players - Bolton and Silvagni - are coming from environments where there was so much elite talent you'd trip over it...obviously Hawthorn more so than GWS, but the principle travels, imo...

I reckon by the end of the last regime, things were so stale that many of the decision makers would have forgotten what 'elite' even looks like. I realise this is very much an it's the vibe type of observation, but fresh eyes bring fresh standards, and feck knows the standards we've been relying on haven't been the right ones. Hopefully the new cache of assistants we bring in augments this even further.

Would kill to know what's going through Bolton's head the very first training session with the whole squad...

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hopefully it's not WTF have I done!!!? ;)

Guarantee it'll be along the lines of...Goddamn it'll be sweet when we lift the cup.

Until then, LET'S GET COMFORTABLE BEING UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!

He seems to have all the attributes of a good leader. I heard him on SEN before the game last night and was impressed with his answers.

Hopefully he can motivate our entire list to get the best out of themselves.

I'm certainly looking forward to the journey ahead :)

My mind doesn't work in a "keep your chin up" kinda way sadly. :(

I must admit, I am totally demoralized at what years of mismanagement have done to our club. I am extremely angry and upset at those responsible and because of that I am really struggling as a supporter. Hope has deserted me. :(

Despite all that, I will do my level best to try and look for the upside of things. If I think of any, I will certainly post them.

#totallydisillusioned

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
My mind doesn't work in a "keep your chin up" kinda way sadly. :(

I must admit, I am totally demoralized at what years of mismanagement have done to our club. I am extremely angry and upset at those responsible and because of that I am really struggling as a supporter. Hope has deserted me. :(

Despite all that, I will do my level best to try and look for the upside of things. If I think of any, I will certainly post them.

#totallydisillusioned
Stick fat, sherb. The club seems to have recognised and reacted to many, if not most, of the off-field problems you mentioned. Trigg, Bolton, SOS and Mackay have collectively run a broom through the place, sweeping certain staff, players and (hopefully) attitudes out the door. There's more to do - player welfare is the glaring one - but they get points for acting where others have previously turned a blind eye.

If that fails to cheer you up then perhaps consider this -- we finished this season 18th with the club's worst ever percentage. There's only one direction to go from such a low base.

Would kill to know what's going through Bolton's head the very first training session with the whole squad...

Most new jobs I have had, my first response is mild panic and telling myself I have no business being there.

If he isn't daunted by the task ahead when he sees it, he's a master coach in waiting or he ain't human.

Most new jobs I have had, my first response is mild panic and telling myself I have no business being there.

If he isn't daunted by the task ahead when he sees it, he's a master coach in waiting or he ain't human.
I guess we will know if there is true change in the club if the new coach doesn't bring results quickly enough for the background string pullers.

Stick fat, sherb. The club seems to have recognised and reacted to many, if not most, of the off-field problems you mentioned. Trigg, Bolton, SOS and Mackay have collectively run a broom through the place, sweeping certain staff, players and (hopefully) attitudes out the door. There's more to do - player welfare is the glaring one - but they get points for acting where others have previously turned a blind eye.

If that fails to cheer you up then perhaps consider this -- we finished this season 18th with the club's worst ever percentage. There's only one direction to go from such a low base.
Thanks very much mate, I guess seeing a club win its third flag on the trot just reinforced to me how low this once great, once proud club has sunk.

Largely through utter mismanagement. It's shattering.

It's not lack of success that is driving my feelings by the way - I can deal with that quite easily. It's what is causing the lack of success and what has become of our club. :(

But I will try to keep my chin up. At least we didn't finish 19th this year! :D

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool

I'm gonna go with the former.

Back