Opinion Whatever happened to Hisham Kerbatieh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatoichi Blue

Plays best in the wet
Nov 26, 2016
Tootgarook
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cincinatti Bearcats
http://vflfooty.com/content/15-vfl-stars-afl-clubs-should-consider-2016-national-and-rookie-drafts

8838376d8fc098b5efa3a6586ad52539

Hisham Kerbatieh kicked 21 goals for the Northern Blues in 2016. Picture: Tim Murdoch.

Was starting to look at Gibbon's background and past preferred position, when I stumbled across this. When I saw the line "With freakish natural talent and a knack for finding the goals", I wondered.....is this guy still playing footy? Do we still have a Rookie position available? Are we looking for a small forward to complement C, H and M ? Just dreaming a little here...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://vflfooty.com/content/15-vfl-stars-afl-clubs-should-consider-2016-national-and-rookie-drafts

Hisham Kerbatieh kicked 21 goals for the Northern Blues in 2016. Picture: Tim Murdoch.

"2016 VFL average numbers: Averaged 1.2 goals and 16.8 disposals per game. He was one of only 19 VFL players to average 16-plus disposals and one-plus goals.

AFTER two standout TAC Cup seasons with the Calder Cannons, Kerbatieh was unlucky not to be drafted, especially after averaging 20 disposals, 110 ranking points and 1.6 goals per game in 2015. But his 2016 year — and a very impressive year at that — with the Northern Blues in the VFL has paid dividends, with the 177cm small forward boosting his draft chances thanks to 21 goals from 18 games. With freakish natural talent and a knack for finding the goals, Kerbatieh would be a handy inclusion at any AFL club. Under the AFL’s new zoning system for indigenous and multicultural players, Kerbatieh could be chosen as a multicultural rookie by Essendon, should he miss out at this year’s drafts. Should the Bombers pass though, the other 17 clubs also have the option of listing Kerbatieh as a Category B rookie. Hopefully it's second time lucky for him."

Was starting to look at Gibbon's background and past preferred position, when I stumbled across this. When I saw the line "With freakish natural talent and a knack for finding the goals", I wondered.....is this guy still playing footy? Do we still have a Rookie position available? Are we looking for a small forward to complement C, H and M ? Just dreaming a little here...
Coburg FC...nuff said

"2016 VFL average numbers: Averaged 1.2 goals and 16.8 disposals per game. He was one of only 19 VFL players to average 16-plus disposals and one-plus goals.

AFTER two standout TAC Cup seasons with the Calder Cannons, Kerbatieh was unlucky not to be drafted, especially after averaging 20 disposals, 110 ranking points and 1.6 goals per game in 2015. But his 2016 year — and a very impressive year at that — with the Northern Blues in the VFL has paid dividends, with the 177cm small forward boosting his draft chances thanks to 21 goals from 18 games. With freakish natural talent and a knack for finding the goals, Kerbatieh would be a handy inclusion at any AFL club. Under the AFL’s new zoning system for indigenous and multicultural players, Kerbatieh could be chosen as a multicultural rookie by Essendon, should he miss out at this year’s drafts. Should the Bombers pass though, the other 17 clubs also have the option of listing Kerbatieh as a Category B rookie. Hopefully it's second time lucky for him."

Kerbatieh moved from the Northern Blues to Coburg, but didn't exactly set the world on fire there. There was a suggestion he was heading to Williamstown, but I haven't read any confirmation of this.

Kerbatieh has a few tricks up his sleeve, but what I saw of him is that he lacks the hunger to go with these tricks. He could do worse than head to a professional club like Williamstown, but he would not necessarily be guaranteed a senior game as they have already signed some good talent to replace those players recently drafted by AFL clubs.

Kerbatieh moved from the Northern Blues to Coburg, but didn't exactly set the world on fire there. There was a suggestion he was heading to Williamstown, but I haven't read any confirmation of this.

Kerbatieh has a few tricks up his sleeve, but what I saw of him is that he lacks the hunger to go with these tricks. He could do worse than head to a professional club like Williamstown, but he would not necessarily be guaranteed a senior game as they have already signed some good talent to replace those players recently drafted by AFL clubs.
Appreciate the update. Wasn't sure if Gibbons was being looked at as a legitimate onballer or small tenacious forward.

Don't panic Thy, wasn't expecting a big thread to develop. Just wanted an answer to a question.

Get back to making us laugh, please. Cheers

Thread is still going? Aph must be having dinner at one of those fancy restaurants in Brighton (Do they have fancy restaurants in Brighton? Never took much notice when driving through).
1. It's Braaaarton
2. Like you'd be allowed to drive through Braaaaarton
3. They only have fancy restaurants in Braaaaarton............that's how you know you are in Braaaaarton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. It's Braaaarton
2. Like you'd be allowed to drive through Braaaaarton
3. They only have fancy restaurants in Braaaaarton............that's how you know you are in Braaaaarton
When the Franger line was effected by level crossing works a few years back, I used to do the park and ride from Braaaarton Beach station.

When I arrived back at the end of the day, my car had been washed and polished...must have though I was a local :)

Don't panic Thy, wasn't expecting a big thread to develop. Just wanted an answer to a question.

Get back to making us laugh, please. Cheers
Cant teach an old marsupial new tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back