Whatever happened to....Mark Jacko Jackson?

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
he turned into a bunny

Energizer_Bunny.png

Jacko. I played against him in the junior days. He played for Heatherdale in the DDJFL. He was the maddest and ugliest kid you ever played against. Remeber arriving at Heatherdale one day in pouring rain with a convoy of cars and Jacko standing out in the rain screaming at us as we arrived. He always used to cry out on the ground after a game if they lost. Diddn't have any control over himself even than. Remember that much more than any footy ability. Always a big kid but didn't relly seem to dominate like others did. Obviously did have ability hidden behind his charades.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
"There should be a hall of fame for characters because they've BUILT the flamin' game. They're the DRAWCARDS that people PAY TO WATCH," he says. "But WHERE have all the flamin' characters gone?

"There aren't any modern-day versions of guys like 'Fabulous' Phil Carman, (Peter) 'Crackers' Keenan, 'Slammin' Sam Kekovich and the Rolls Royce of entertainment and flair, Brent Crosswell."

...lulz...thanks MotleyLemon

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Last I saw of him he was on the Goldy with Capper. Under rated personality of footy.

Dunno about being an under rated personality, but both Jacko and Capper are under rated footballers. Their antics off the field overshadowed their football achievements, which were pretty decent.

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
He was coaching junior footy on the northern beaches (Sydney) in the early/mid-2000s, Pittwater if I remember correctly. Played against his team a couple of times.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
shame Leigh Matthews was quickly helped off the ground by his entourage before Jacko got a hold of him back in 85 :(

After it took about 6 Geelong players to beat him up. Wacko Jacko wouldn't have had the guts to confront Matthews ... even after he was beaten senseless. Courage wasn't Jackson's strong point.

LANGFORDandSON

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He picked my girlfriend up in his Lamborghini one day when she was hitch hiking and dropped her at the pub, apparently was a perfect gentleman. I on the other hand was charmingly at the wrong end of a three day bender and wanted to (and I quote), "headbutt the sleazy bastard" slurring it repeatedly as I staggered across the room in his general direction.

To the guys that talked me out of it and put me in a cab that day many years ago in my foolish youth, I still owe you one, cheers.

brisbane13

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
After it took about 6 Geelong players to beat him up. Wacko Jacko wouldn't have had the guts to confront Matthews ... even after he was beaten senseless. Courage wasn't Jackson's strong point.
Take your hand off it, Jacko was a thug,it wasn't courage he had it was stupidly. He would have thumped Mathews senseless

Back