Whatever happened to....Mark Jacko Jackson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously good footballer and the loosest of loose cannons.

The game needs more Mark Jacksons.

Jacko is actually quite a nice guy.
My ex was very good friends with his sister and she had nothing but good things to say about the family.

Loose cannons maybe but loose cannons s with heart.

Jacko is actually quite a nice guy.
My ex was very good friends with his sister and she had nothing but good things to say about the family.

Loose cannons maybe but loose cannons s with heart.

Wasn't suggesting otherwise...

I meant his on-field antics and his "I don't give a s**t what anyone thinks of me" attitude.

Wasn't suggesting otherwise...

I meant his on-field antics and his "I don't give a s**t what anyone thinks of me" attitude.

I didn't think you were. :thumbsu:

Probably not the best post to attach my sentiments to but more than anything, Jacko wasn't wasn't quite the person he fronted up to be.

Guess we can't always judge a book........................

What don't you like?
"How long have you got? The game they’re playing now isn’t the game I played. And it was a game, not a flamin' business. The game has been hijacked and it doesn’t give the public a fair go. Where are the flamin' entertainers? The game is sterile and as dry as salt. They’re paying big money, which I think is great, but at the same time players are squeezed so hard in their contracts that they’re not allowed to have a flamin' personality, and it affects the entertainment."

and that just about sums up everything that is wrong with footy.

Jacko is a regular client of ours and I can tell you he is an absolute breath of fresh air to deal with. He can be a little brash sometimes, but for the most part he is quiet and very polite to all the staff. He popped in to our office last week and I could hear him asking for me (I was out back)and I walked out and greeted him as per usual, next thing he says that he has something for me...he comes back in with a cracking autographed cartoon and photo from his playing days with Melbourne.

believe me, we were all stunned, but I was floored! He shares a similar disdain for the AFL that I do. I guess I appreciate the characters of the game which were part of my upbringing during the WAFL days.

his goalkicking record still stands, so he obviously knew a bit about playing. He does reside in QLD but regularly visits Melbourne. I expect to see him back in our offices in 10 days or so. :)

betybeje.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willing to wager the people that want Jackson types back in the game, wouldn't want them on their team. Unless they have no desire to see their team win.

Bumped into Jacko a few years ago here in Sydney, he was sitting outside a pub having a coffee.

Asked him what he was doing in Sydney and he explained that he was touring his show that featured Chopper Read, Roger Rogerson & himself.

He told me that backstage, those other two would share stories about their past that we so full-on that it would leave him shuddering in fright, he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Willing to wager the people that want Jackson types back in the game, wouldn't want them on their team. Unless they have no desire to see their team win.

Willing to wager that those commenting on the game these days see it as some kind of intricate science and have no clue about footy.

And by not bothering to check anyone and giving away stupid free kicks, he cost his side just under 5 goals per game.

And would cost his side 6 goals a game by not creating forward line defensive pressure, plus copious acts of stupidity and lack of discipline.

You look at Jacko's VFL record (308 goals in 82 games, held goalless just once, in his 80th game), and think "Geez, he must have been pretty good under all the silliness", but then you realise he played in just 22 wins over his 82 VFL games, and the above quotes start to ring pretty true as well.

People used to whinge heavily about Fevola at Carlton, so they wouldn't have a bar of Jacko's antics these days.

After it took about 6 Geelong players to beat him up. Wacko Jacko wouldn't have had the guts to confront Matthews ... even after he was beaten senseless. Courage wasn't Jackson's strong point.
Matthews showed a lot of courage that day hitting a bloke who wasn't looking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back