Whatever happened to....Mark Jacko Jackson?

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Jacko found Pugwall's wallet and returned it to his house the night after Geelong had played Richmond at the MCG. A modern day player would never do that kind of deed unless it was publicised. Pugwall's dad 'Herohead' didn't believe Jacko had been at the front door of course but Herohead was a dick.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
He was also in a short-lived tv series in the US, called The Highwayman.

He reckons it was hurt by the writers' strike, and his future was hurt by the religious joke he reckons he made to the bible-loving star of the show.
Jacko said he saw the dude reading the bible on set one day, so he goes to him: "don't bother reading the whole book. I've read the last page; the Devil done it"
Yeah, yeah, it probably never happened, but still.... ha :p

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
lol...

Of his diverse employment history, Jackson says: "A motto I heard in business was, 'If you try 100 things, one of them HAS to work.' Well, I'd like to BREAK THE FLAMIN' ARM of the man who said that. HAHAHAHAHA

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 114
He was very talented but he was a liability, total individual who constantly hurt the team with ill discipline, hence him playing for so many clubs.

I knew about his VFL antics but I was surprised to hear his WFL side sacked him during the finals

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Amazing record of having the playing ability that he did yet having clubs wanting him OUT Of the place.

Not just being prepared to trade him but desperate to get him out of the club. Teammates and officials behind it.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Never got to see him play, but seen plenty of him post footy. Why is he so angry all the time? Just a screw loose? Seems like he'd be a nightmare to be on a team with.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Never got to see him play, but seen plenty of him post footy. Why is he so angry all the time? Just a screw loose? Seems like he'd be a nightmare to be on a team with.
Here's a two-bit psychology 101 comment: I'm pretty sure his old man was a bit of a Knut-head to him when he was young.

Last edited:
Screw loose. I played junior footy against him for years and my cousin played with him. He was mad then, stand out in the car park when we arrived for the game screaming at us and cried like a baby after games where they lost. Literally he walked off, tears running down his face, as he carried on like a baby.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Screw loose. I played junior footy against him for years and my cousin played with him. He was mad then, stand out in the car park when we arrived for the game screaming at us and cried like a baby after games where they lost. Literally he walked off, tears running down his face, as he carried on like a baby.
Bloody hell 😂 at least he's good value.

Apr 22, 2009
In My House :)
AFL Club
Richmond
He goes around Australia selling Footy memorabilia to Pubs mainly. Saw him at the local last year, when he came in near closing time and demanded a Chicken Parma. Staff seemed to know him and gave him his feed, no issues.

He wanted to talk about Politics for some reason......... Seemed nice enough. Happy to have a chat.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

I think he was pretty mad as a young bloke but has mellowed a fair bit now. I saw him at a sportsman’s night about ten years ago, his slot was funny and the typical Jacko act, but afterwards he was chatting to people at the bar etc and was pretty much just a normal fella (albeit with a lot of presence due to his size and look) to talk to. The Jacko act has always been his meal ticket so I think he probably just keeps it up on stage and in front of the camera.

Back