Toast Whatever happens I’m happy with 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve taken some good steps forward this season, but a straight sets exit would be a wasted opportunity. We must find a way to win the semi.
You are all over it Jmac! It would be a great effort if we can win a final. It won’t be easy!

We will win the flag. Can’t wait to play west coke in the granny.

We will account for GWS, beat Richmond in a thriller and smash west in Melbourne.

Season isn’t over. GWS is in trouble without kelly.

I still can’t understand how we allowed west coast to play that stupid game of theirs yesterday. We played a terrible first and fourth quarters and some of our better players were well down or not as good as normal. Won’t happen 2 weeks straight.

Many of our boys, who had never played finals, know understand the hurt side of things. This will hold them in good stead going forward.

I like this thread.

I am saddened by the result of the game yesterday, but I am glad i can watch my team try their hearts out week in week out.

I'm 24. Is this what parenting is like???

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

North were in the 8 when we beat them
Port where in the 8 when we beat them
Adelaide were in the 8 when we beat them

Do you think the 8 remains the same all year?
That's not really relevant.

The teams performance last night vindicated our ladder position,probably the only game harder to win than last night is the Tigers at the MCG and we went alright.

We do have some great youth coming through and things look good for the future,we must learn to put away sides when we are on top,we do that last night and it,s a different outcome.I still think we can beat GWS and if we do it is a good outcome for the season.

Been genuinely underperforming for the last few years, good to see we have turned that around this year and playing at a far more consistent level with a system of game style that suits our current list. Can only get better.

At the start of the year I wanted us to make the finals and then win one to call the year a pass.

We have made the finals and top four was a bonus...................but I still want us to win a final before I call it a successful season. And then bring on Richmond and beating them would be massive!!!

I think GWS are an excellent yardstick for us. We should win and I'll be extremely disappointed if we dont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were handed a easy fixture, whoever said they expected us to finish 13th has no bloody idea. Im very proud of the boys but if we don’t win at least one final then the Season is a fail imo.

We will win the flag. Can’t wait to play west coke in the granny.
We will account for GWS, beat Richmond in a thriller and smash west in Melbourne.
Season isn’t over. GWS is in trouble without kelly.
I still can’t understand how we allowed west coast to play that stupid game of theirs yesterday. We played a terrible first and fourth quarters and some of our better players were well down or not as good as normal. Won’t happen 2 weeks straight.
Many of our boys, who had never played finals, know understand the hurt side of things. This will hold them in good stead going forward.
love your optimism - wish it was that simple... - here's hoping

North were in the 8 when we beat them
Port where in the 8 when we beat them
Adelaide were in the 8 when we beat them

Do you think the 8 remains the same all year?
It annoys the hell out of me when posters/people start pointing to who we have beaten. Not sure the relevance.

Opposition teams seem to play above themselves when they play us, it is like a finals for them.

Don't think that we have had too many blowouts and if only a bit of luck with injuries we more than matched most teams (exc. first game, we were not good).

Few expected top 4, I know I didn't, top 8 I was hopeful and yet here we are. Would be bitterly disappointed to go out in straight sets but players like Sier, WHE, JDG, Stepho will gain enormous experience and know that is the benchmark.

Can't go out in straight sets. This team has still only beaten 1 top 8 side, not convinced we will back it up next year with a harder draw.

I agree just a shame with a bit more luck we would def of made grand final.
Hard from here..
Gutted can watch game next week.
How good would it be to play Richmond in a prelim and beat them..
GIANTS Will be hard task

Some of the posting in the gameday thread was positively infantile. Didn't have one single thing go right for us all night and still almost stole it.

Nearly every single time they threw their hands at the ball either on the ground or as a smother saw it slew unerringly into a team mate's hands. It was quite simply, their night.

But tomorrow is another day Dorothy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back