Universal Love Whatever happens Saturday, I'm so proud of our club

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll preface this by saying I want nothing more than to win and will be extremely sad if we lose.

But how bloody good has this year been? In years past we had kids, we had confusion, we had mistrust, we had anger. This year has been in stark contrast.

We are men. Men that can admit their mistakes. Men that can be themselves. Men that can take ownership for their actions. Men that will fight to protect their brothers.
We are pure. We keep it simple. We stick to our plan. We know our roles; be it player, coach, administrator or supporter. We execute. We learn.
We believe. We trust in our connection and we trust in each other. Everyone plays a part and we know that the next person will be there to share our burden if one falters.
We love. We care. We respect. We do it for each other, we do it for the fans, we do it for the club and we do it for those that have been.

Whatever happens this Saturday, I love our club and am proud of all we have achieved and all that are a part of it. No one will take that away from us.

We are strong and bold, we are Richmond. :tigerface:

You know if we lose or win we will still cop s**t but like you I couldn't be prouder, win and we just shook a treeful of monkeys off our backs and with our age we should be able to continue to compete at this level for a few more years, Dimma proved everyone wrong with his step back to move forward comments, he had faith and this has rubbed off on the players.

Well done Peggy, Benny, Dimma and all those that stuck thick when everyone was against us.
f@ck the rest of the World
WE ARE RICHMOND!

I'll just pop in here to express a similar sentiment.

If we have to lose, I am glad it's Tigers.
Your fans may lose their s**t every now and again but you stick fat.
I would have been devastated to lose to a Dangerfield Geelong or a Tippet Sydney.
Even GWS ,,,, mmmm,,, Davis

This was played before our match last week.

We needed to make this GF .... I hope it's cracker !

Good luck, and may the best team win

And if they don;t .... it's a fluke ;)

I'll just pop in here to express a similar sentiment.

If we have to lose, I am glad it's Tigers.
Your fans may lose their s**t every now and again but you stick fat.
I would have been devastated to lose to a Dangerfield Geelong or a Tippet Sydney.
Even GWS ,,,, mmmm,,, Davis

This was played before our match last week.

We needed to make this GF .... I hope it's cracker !

Good luck, and may the best team win

And if they don;t .... it's a fluke ;)

Already Respect you guys over whats happened in regards to Phillip Walsh,But wow not a top 10 pick in the last 12yrs while a Plastic club that both our clubs have beaten to get here has been spoon fed 1st rnd picks just shows its not about a team of "Champions" but a Champion team.Respect.:thumbsu:

I'll preface this by saying I want nothing more than to win and will be extremely sad if we lose.

But how bloody good has this year been? In years past we had kids, we had confusion, we had mistrust, we had anger. This year has been in stark contrast.

We are men. Men that can admit their mistakes. Men that can be themselves. Men that can take ownership for their actions. Men that will fight to protect their brothers.
We are pure. We keep it simple. We stick to our plan. We know our roles; be it player, coach, administrator or supporter. We execute. We learn.
We believe. We trust in our connection and we trust in each other. Everyone plays a part and we know that the next person will be there to share our burden if one falters.
We love. We care. We respect. We do it for each other, we do it for the fans, we do it for the club and we do it for those that have been.

Whatever happens this Saturday, I love our club and am proud of all we have achieved and all that are a part of it. No one will take that away from us.

Crows going in with no lube

Prior to this season, 1995 was clearly my most memorable season. Too young to remember 8p or 82, all I had to hang my hat on was a season where we ended up getting flogged in a prelim at a shitty Waverley Park.

This season, we have won 2 HUGE games at our home ground both in front of 95K mostly Tigers.
Whatever happens on Saturday, I'll never forget this season as long as I live. Not only have we won, we've won in style. Our brand of footy is a great to watch. The last few weeks in particular have been heaven on earth. :)

Dusty having a superhuman year has been the cherry on the top. He is now best player in the game. How many times have we been able to say that in the last 35 years?

Cotchin tearing it up in the finals has also been fantastic. He has risen to new heights as a leader of men.

This great team and great club have given me so much joy. Win or lose, I've never been so proud of the RFC.

Win or lose, we have lost no respect and have gained a lot of admirers this year.

Of course I would love to win, but honestly, this season had been a massively resounding success so failing, especially to the best team this year, is certainly not something to be ashamed of.

Last edited:
Well said.

I will be absolutely gutted if we lose. but in saying that I never in my wildest dreams imagined we'd make it this far. I hope we can bring home the cup. I want to witness one in my life time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not even nervous...at the moment...about this week. Just really really excited. I'm so proud of the team for making it this far.

A premiership cup is just a bonus for me at this stage, an awesome bonus though. :D

i am so proud of how they have played this year
i am so proud of how far they've come as a team and a club
i wont be disappointed in them if they lose
i will be disappointed for them

they deserve the respect and admiration that they will ONLY get if they win the flag

and after booing the s**t of out pussies n plastics, i feel i've played some small part lol

Good thread DrMike. Thanks for making a grown man, albeit not a big one, cry. Having just turned 45, I'm thinking of all the Tigers cubs 35 years and younger who have never seen the likes of this before. Win, lose or draw (and win) the Mighty Richmond football club is returning to it's rightful place at the top end of town. This year has been beyond everyone's wildest dreams. As a token of my happiness with our great club, I have solemnly sworn not to change my black and yellow undies until next years Granny. Go Tigers!

amen brother

It's been a fantastic turnaround after the blip from last season.

'We have to revitalize the footy department'...check.
'We have to change the gameplan to allow the players to play on instinct'...check.
'We have to get that extra spot on the ladder to get the double chance'...check.
'Dimma has to win a final'...check.

I always thought we just needed to keep getting into finals and we'd finally land some luck and get a favourable draw after coming up against some bogey teams in previous finals attempts. This season that happened and we've taken full advantage.

Win or lose this Sat I cant ask for anymore than what the club has achieved this season, especially considering we dont have the best playing list talent wise.

I've never seen us be successful. I was far too young to remember '01. I was at the Carlton loss, I remember every little detail from losing to both North and Port. It's an entirely new experience to watch us win, to watch us succeed. It's actually got me excited about the sport, a different kind too seeing a young player play well, actually excitement.

No matter what happens, it's fun to see the AFL from the eyes of a team that's actually good.

I came on here tonight to post something very similar to this. You did it in a manner that was much more eloquent than I would have managed. Hear hear.

I've been proud of the Richmond Football Club for a number of years now.
We've built a more than competitive list in an era of extremely compromised drafts and unfair advantages to Sydney.
We've come off a very low base and did so while refusing to ask the AFL for handouts, take note Melbourne.
The upgrading of our facilities at PRO have been nothing short of miraculous and, as someone who survived 1983 - 2009, I just love the strength and stability of our off field leadership.
This is NOT a repeat of 95 & 01 as those teams had no real foundation underneath them nor the support around them that will enable this team to flourish.
None of this guarantees a premiership this year or any other, of course, but it gives us the platform to contend and then contend again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back