Universal Love Whatever happens Saturday, I'm so proud of our club

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had a good year for sure and if we do lose, I'll be gutted but as time goes by I'll look back on 2017 as one of our best I reckon. One that I've seen anyway.

Super proud of the club, but one more win and it becomes perfect.

Forget the 'happiness no matter what happens' bullshit.
We're here, now we have to win. Who knows if it's going to be another 35 ******* years before we get another chance. I will distraught if we lose. I will not look back on this season fondly losing. We win, and it's the greatest season of my life! We lose... And it's no better than any other year. We are playing to win, and win we must.

and btw......

shits about to get freaky around here for the next 72 hrs, so worth saying

thanks for your activity on the board RFC_Official . appreciated the updates, esp late night in your own time. hope you enjoy the next few days, and get some time to enjoy saturday.

Just feels good to be relevant again. To know that oppos can't give us s**t for not winning finals, not making a grand final in 35 years, having a boring chip pass go sideways and backwards game plan. The best part is it feels like this is all sustainable and we can only get better over the years as our youngins get more and more game time. Imagine in a few years Rioli, Bolton and Stengle tearing it up with a few years experience! Exciting times ahead and saturday i rekon we will give it a red hot crack as we have all year. We are up against arguably the best side of 2017 so it's a free hit.....eat em alive Tigers!!

Totally agree with the thread creator . The joy the football club has given me over the last 6 weeks is unmatched sporting wise playing and supporting . Watching them come together as a group with a purpose and hunting the man brings a tear to my eye after 33 years of seeing us run one way we finally tackle and pressure ... it's a beautiful thing . Adelaide are stronger on paper look to be drilled better BUT my gut feels the same as the previous two finals . Common the the tiges . Get the * around us .

Bugger all this "whatever happens" "win lose or draw garbage. This is a 2 horse race and we're all over it like a cheap suit. This is a massive chance to win number 11 and I'll be shattered if we lose.
Eat em Alive Tigers.
x2 winning is the only option.

This is why people feel calm. We can't lose this year. It has already been a monumental success. Sure it will sting a bit if we lose, getting so close but it kind of feels like we can't lose...only win more than we have..
Next year will come with expectations.

Tigers - its been an amazing season ... so far ... thanks to;

- the team
- the management
- the coaches
- All the behind the scenes people

- this season has certainly shown the RFC is one that has the strongest and most passionate fan base in the country - (I don't know of any club - apart from the national Cricket team - who could manage to fill the MCG (almost twice) with its fans.) - this must mean so much to the players.

Win or lose ... its fantastic time.

Sure we will have our critics and detractors BUT there are 16 other teams and their fans who would give their left one to be where we are this week

We have won already. We've broken hoodoos and created a winning formula. And we have a team that should only get better.

unlike the Doggies last year we aren't reliant on a guy playing out of his skin (and so being worth the millions he got)

I desperately want us to win. My head says about 1/3 chance. My gut says about 2/3 the way we are playing. My heart say 110% we win.

I will be over the moon if we win. My wife says we will win because I will be so happy. It'd be great if that were true. But I am happier now about the tigers than since around 1980. Then we had the team and coaches to stay strong until the mid 1980s. We blew it with stupidity and arrogance. This club isn't stupid or arrogant any more. Love it, live it, the Tigers!!

This is why people feel calm. We can't lose this year. It has already been a monumental success. Sure it will sting a bit if we lose, getting so close but it kind of feels like we can't lose...only win more than we have..
Next year will come with expectations.

This year has not been a monumental success. It might feel like it has today but come tomorrow at 5:30pm if we're cooked by 5 goals it's going to be a "what could've been" moment because it's so damn hard to get back here again.

If you rely on next year you're already dead. Tomorrow is the moment to grab hold of and deliver a Premiership because as much as we may not think we could fall like the Bulldogs or Freo or West Coast, they didn't see it coming either.

We have won already. We've broken hoodoos and created a winning formula. And we have a team that should only get better.

unlike the Doggies last year we aren't reliant on a guy playing out of his skin (and so being worth the millions he got)

I desperately want us to win. My head says about 1/3 chance. My gut says about 2/3 the way we are playing. My heart say 110% we win.

I will be over the moon if we win. My wife says we will win because I will be so happy. It'd be great if that were true. But I am happier now about the tigers than since around 1980. Then we had the team and coaches to stay strong until the mid 1980s. We blew it with stupidity and arrogance. This club isn't stupid or arrogant any more. Love it, live it, the Tigers!!

Brain says crows

Gut wants to puke

Heart wants these two to shut the * up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year has not been a monumental success. It might feel like it has today but come tomorrow at 5:30pm if we're cooked by 5 goals it's going to be a "what could've been" moment because it's so damn hard to get back here again.

If you rely on next year you're already dead. Tomorrow is the moment to grab hold of and deliver a Premiership because as much as we may not think we could fall like the Bulldogs or Freo or West Coast, they didn't see it coming either.

Im not saying you don't play to win and take this chance. Nor am i saying to rely on next year.
Im saying that this year as fans given the expectations feels like we can't lose and that next year will come with expectations.
That's entirely different to what you are implying

We're here, now we have to win. Who knows if it's going to be another 35 ******* years before we get another chance. I will distraught if we lose. I will not look back on this season fondly losing. We win, and it's the greatest season of my life! We lose... And it's no better than any other year. We are playing to win, and win we must.

You can't be serious?
If we lose tomorrow its as bad a season as last year??
Turn it up.

Im not saying you don't play to win and take this chance. Nor am i saying to rely on next year.
Im saying that this year as fans given the expectations feels like we can't lose and that next year will come with expectations.
That's entirely different to what you are implying
I put money on us making the eight. I wasn't near as down as others and wasn't part of the pack wanted to kick Hardwick out the door and I supported the review.

My pass mark was a finals win but they change as we rise and now I still feel the expectation of this year having everything to lose even though we have passed my preseason expectation.

I appreciate that we all started from a different base of expectation but I implore you to reevaluate and live tomorrow like it's the last chance we'll get to win a Premiership.

Eat. Em. Alive.

I put money on us making the eight. I wasn't near as down as others and wasn't part of the pack wanted to kick Hardwick out the door and I supported the review.

My pass mark was a finals win but they change as we rise and now I still feel the expectation of this year having everything to lose even though we have passed my preseason expectation.

I appreciate that we all started from a different base of expectation but I implore you to reevaluate and live tomorrow like it's the last chance we'll get to win a Premiership.

Eat. Em. Alive.

I appreciate what you are saying mate. But i don't need to treat it like it may be our last chance to win one in order to enjoy it or realise the magnitude of the moment. If we lose i dont and wont feel we have dropped back to nothing.
Im just enjoying this right here right now. I dont want to think about whether it will happen again. What a downer. Of course ill be shattered if we lose and i will be...i dont even know what...if we win. Words could not describe...nothing can change that. Im 39 years old. Have seen no success and waited as long as anybody.
If we lose though, no chance i look back at this season as a failure.

Edit: keep in mind not saying players should be thinking and feeling what fans are. Though from what has been said over and over from capt and coach i would think its not far off. Per haps more balanced.

Last edited:
Brain says crows

Gut wants to puke

Heart wants these two to shut the **** up
Ha! I hear ya.
I'm currently around 5kg lighter than I started the day.
Not confident at all. Reckon your guys have plenty of belief and that'll take a fair effort to combat.
Glad both sets of supporters can get the 'years in the wilderness' tag off the back.
Shame only one will get the ultimate prize but kudos which ever way it goes.

Won't wish you luck but here's to a great game.

Still feel the same. Want this so much and we have to take this chance, but I love this club and every part of this year so far. Let's make it even better by finishing it off with one more win.

Go Tiges!

Still feel the same. Want this so much and we have to take this chance, but I love this club and every part of this year so far. Let's make it even better by finishing it off with one more win.

Go Tiges!
I've had my fair share of blues with you over the years but today I love you all, only you guys know can understand what we've been through for the last few decades.

Totally agree with everyone in this thread.

I’ve loved the Tiges since the day I was born. But I never thought that we’d be here and I could feel this much pride about my team. I thought that maybe one day we’d do it long into the future, but it just felt like this day was for every other club and not us.

I’m so proud of every single one of the players this year, every single one of the coaches, and every single one of the back office guys. They’ve all done their part.

Win or lose today I’ll be cheering the boys off the ground. They deserve it.

...but * I hope we win.

Great thread Doc. :thumbsu:

A lot has to go right at a club no matter how good your personnel are to get a 50/50 crack at the big one.

Anyone familiar with our history knows how many seasons we've been forced to bury all hope in the first half of the year because the basic ingredients - best players fit, genuine list depth, competitive game plan - were conspicuously absent.

So many cruel what-if's...

Watching us be so dominant in '82, swallow the bitter pill and then despite so much talent, never make it back to redeem ourselves while all our rivals won multiple flags and danced on our grave.

To watch arguably the most exciting player to ever wear our jumper - Richo - play like a dangerous ground ball half forward and a dream key forward in the same games and then get a season ending injury long before our bravest finals campaign ever in '95. Watching him finish a better than ever legend of the game despite the endless cruel fates of his career.

To watch close to the best defensive spine in the land in 2001 - Gaspar, Holland, Kellaway - and the best key forward combo in the land - Richo, Ottens - and the best defensive rebounder's in the land - Cameron, Torney - just evaporate into nothing through injury and all the political bullshit which can infest a club.

Watching Mark Coughlan be the earliest, bravest, toughest Tiger warrior I've ever seen, cut down in his prime 300 games before what he deserved.

Watching Shane Tuck go from dominating Voss in his first season through to spending most of his career scraping through a pre-game fitness test, kicking hurt on his wrong foot and carrying the club on his back while the football world maligned him as a talentless trier.

Watching Nathan Brown play the most perfect 'match winner' football this century and then an entire era of possibility come crashing down in arguably the cruelest injury the club has ever mourned.

We've had plenty of self inflicted misery over the decades, but far more uncommon, devastating rotten luck.

All that time, all those decades, the greatest, most loyal, most passionate supporters in the game have suffered, waiting for their chance to shake the 'G to its foundations and reclaim our heritage.

We will win today.

I can't begin to realistically wish for a single Crow player I'd rather represent me on the day ahead of half a dozen of ours. And that's pure footballing intellect, which doesn't even begin to include the very real possibility that any of our hunt and crush small forwards or 'honest toilers' are just as likely to win the Norm Smith as Rory Sloane is.

Adelaide can only dream of being so irresistibly difficult to contain.

I'm not nervous, I have had goosebumps and adrenaline rushes of anticipation all day because as we all know, we're watching the beautiful rebirth of everything this club has stood for throughout its long, proud history.

Bask in it and enjoy the day Tiger brethren.

Winning isn't everything.
Wanting to win is!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back