Whatever re

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic semi!

I suppose you backed the doggies to win by a point tonight Gimp?😁

What a game!

The Bont might be injured though. Hope he's ok for next week. I like the Bulldogs. They're inconsequential really. Not even 1% of the hatred I feel for other sides.. Richmond Essendon Carlton Hawthorn.

What a game!

The Bont might be injured though. Hope he's ok for next week. I like the Bulldogs. They're inconsequential really. Not even 1% of the hatred I feel for other sides.. Richmond Essendon Carlton Hawthorn.
The Bulldogs are my second team. Had a lot to do with the club through underage coaching when I was teaching out west and was impressed by their grassroots approach and friendliness of officials. I hope they win again. I know many are pumping for Melbourne, but I can never rid myself of the belief that they represent a social milieu to which I have difficulty relating.

The Bulldogs are my second team. Had a lot to do with the club through underage coaching when I was teaching out west and was impressed by their grassroots approach and friendliness of officials. I hope they win again. I know many are pumping for Melbourne, but I can never rid myself of the belief that they represent a social milieu to which I have difficulty relating.

That's awesome.. how long did you coach for? Game style? Skills coach?

I doubt you were a 'park the bus' style of coach.

That's awesome.. how long did you coach for? Game style? Skills coach?

I doubt you were a 'park the bus' style of coach.
I coached year 7-9 school football teams in Frankston and St Albans, probably over 6 years. My main qualification was that I had a heavy vehicle licence that allowed me to drive the 22 seater bus. I largely volunteered because the sport's staff didn't want the commitment. I coached one Year 7 team to the Victorian lightning premiership preliminary final where the team was cheated out of a GF appearance by the timekeeper of the opposition team. I was anything but a skills coach and really had limited grasp of game styles. Nearly all the boys played for local teams so they got most of their skills coaching from outside.

I loved making up teams on paper. My teams did all right, but they all boasted a batch of good players. I probably was a 'park the bus' style of coach at heart but I was a good game time coach. When I was student welfare coordinator quite a few of the footballers were also my welfare concerns and I got to see them in a non class environment where many excelled. I liked teaching and was happy to maximise my student contact time. Teaching and coaching junior kids was largely about making learning, training and playing fun. You probably would have liked my English classes.

Hey Gimp, I have a question for you but I am not sure you should answer, probably not in a public thread and maybe not even privately because you may want to retain the mystery. I have always wondered from where your Gimp character is derived, whether it's you or an invention, whether the real life Gimp has a lifestyle like the character Gimp. I admire your ability to stay in character. The Gimp, his mates, his antics, clothes, fragrances, character etc all seem real. But I am not sure that I would respond truthfully if I were you. I think I would rather keep people guessing.

Hey Gimp, I have a question for you but I am not sure you should answer, probably not in a public thread and maybe not even privately because you may want to retain the mystery. I have always wondered from where your Gimp character is derived, whether it's you or an invention, whether the real life Gimp has a lifestyle like the character Gimp. I admire your ability to stay in character. The Gimp, his mates, his antics, clothes, fragrances, character etc all seem real. But I am not sure that I would respond truthfully if I were you. I think I would rather keep people guessing.

Philotimo.

Maybe it's in my boots.. love the look and feel of a good pair of boots.. it's not about the label.. Collingwood.. again.. it's not about the medals.. the name tags.. it's about the love.. the feeling.

Philotimo.

Maybe it's in my boots.. love the look and feel of a good pair of boots.. it's not about the label.. Collingwood.. again.. it's not about the medals.. the name tags.. it's about the love.. the feeling.
I had to look that up but a noble virtue to aspire to and live by

Perfect response Gimp. I expected nothing less ... or nothing more.

What are we in our 19th mth now?

This thread was about being able to find ways to continue to live a good life.. being able to think.. and enjoy.. and love.. setting yourself up for 2022. That's what it's always been about.

Even though the weather's rough out there.. and it's important to take the vaccine to get us through it.. There's still a lot of enjoyment in say.. learning how to cook.. learning Rick Astley 'on the spot' dance moves.. building things.. keeping fit.. helping each other out.. whatever re.. there's a lot of quality things we can still do. The ultimate goal is to come out on the other side learning from it and being a better person for the experience.. come summer.. sun on your back.. sand between your toes.. swimming in the ocean and feeling good about it all. Strutting your stuff on the beach.. or at a nightclub or whatever.. looking mint.. showing off your new Astley moves.. cooking meals.. and inviting all your friends and family over so that you can all enjoy it together.

I think we all deserve that.

That's what it's about.

Nice way to close the thread.

xxoo

Last edited:
This thread has certainly been a journey.
Started out as our Soccer thread and then morphed into an anything goes one.
One thing that has become apparent is we need a thread to connect within in these troubling times.
That said, a new thread to keep in touch and ensure your fellow posters are ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back