What's gone wrong with Melbourne in 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick Malthouse
1. Collingwood
2. West Coast
3. Richmond
4. Essendon
5. North Melbourne
6. GWS
7. Adelaide
8. Geelong

Hilariously is crazy Mick Malthouse the only one who picked them to miss the 8 entirely? 😂

Maybe he’s smarter than we think?

Hilariously is crazy Mick Malthouse the only one who picked them to miss the 8 entirely? 😂

Maybe he’s smarter than we think?
Nah, broken clock and all that. David King on the other hand is 2 broken sticks inside a vaguely trapezoidal shape made from vomit - never right any time of any day.

Just look like a bunch of frontrunners tbh

Reckon they might have a real deficiency in on field leadership.

Every time things start to get tough, there’s nobody who stands up.
It's the opposite issue IMO. Their forwardline is rubbish and they carry a few duds every week. Their midfield is one dimensional and none of them are great kicks. Their forwardline is one of the worst in the league. They're better than 17th and they have way too much talent to be in this position, but they don't have versatility in their lineup. Teams have smoked them this year playing quick direct football, which they can't counter.

And when it counted?
The question was did Melbourne beat any decent teams last year.

But I guess the reigning premiers at their home ground doesn't count as a decent team?

I assume the only decent teams last year were Port Adelaide and the guys who shat the bed against Collingwood in the prelim :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

But I guess the reigning premiers at their home ground doesn't count as a decent team?
You realise the Eagles weren't the reigning Premiers in 2018 right???

Port beat the reigning Premiers as they do reguarly actually, you beat the team who became Premiers... Pretty ******* obvious difference.

How is Goodwin in job that is a absolute joke and resigned should be long gone him and the football department.Yeah dees have had injuries,but no way near like other major clubs yet no review to.

The question was did Melbourne beat any decent teams last year.

I assume the only decent teams last year were Port Adelaide and the guys who shat the bed against Collingwood in the prelim :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
Keep hanging your hat on that H&A win then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do feel they traded their way into this problem. Hogan for May so far has been a absolute shocker, as has the Lever trade altogether. I think given the age profile of their list they cant just hang on to pick 2 and draft a kid. They are better off trading it for assets. If I was Melbourne id be finding a way to turn pick 2 into Peter Wright and Brad Hill. They need a tall forward to pinch hit in the ruck and they need a true winger.

Lacking:
-ticker
-team unity, or care, or love, for each other
-tactical nouse, what is their in ground brand.
-artistry - roos then goodwin hasn't worked, too prescriptive and robotic, they cling to a failed masterplan without the artist's new idea having a chance.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne had a soft draw as well in 2018.

Some fans didnt think so but it was.

In 2020 they will get another one most likely and bounce back.......untill finals.

Interesting what they do with their 1st pick. Trade for short / mid term or use it on a kid.

I do feel they traded their way into this problem. Hogan for May so far has been a absolute shocker, as has the Lever trade altogether. I think given the age profile of their list they cant just hang on to pick 2 and draft a kid. They are better off trading it for assets. If I was Melbourne id be finding a way to turn pick 2 into Peter Wright and Brad Hill. They need a tall forward to pinch hit in the ruck and they need a true winger.

Hogan has that reoccurring foot fracture issue, the nasty one that ends careers.

Ok so Jake Lever does his knee and it’s a bust? And Hogan who offered nothing against decent opposition is a shocker also?

See this is the s**t that pisses off Demons fans. Broad sweeping and thoughtless statements like this.

Ok so Jake Lever does his knee and it’s a bust? And Hogan who offered nothing against decent opposition is a shocker also?

See this is the s**t that pisses off Demons fans. Broad sweeping and thoughtless statements like this.

Lever isnt actually a good footballer anyway. Knee hasnt helped though but I dont think he is worth the price you paid even if he was fit

May is much worse then Hogan in that respect and Hogan was much better for team structure then May.

Melbourne had a soft draw as well in 2018.

Some fans didnt think so but it was.

In 2020 they will get another one most likely and bounce back.......untill finals.

Interesting what they do with their 1st pick. Trade for short / mid term or use it on a kid.
Apart from GCS, any team from bottom 10 can do a Brisbane. I wouldn't want to play North, Blues, Saints, Swans etc twice and consider it an ease draw

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back