Strategy What's Good For Us is SEPTEMBER

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed - but let's not forget we're the Melbourne Football Club.

And they are the Sydney swans who have been playing well away from Home all year

I didn't mind Geelong in 2011 when they were actually good. But the since then they've done nothing but they're supporters are still stuck in arrogant mode.

Anyway as pointed out it's too hard to tell what's good, best thing to do is keep winning.
They've been a whole lot less likeable since Jimmy Bartel retired.

Geez doing the ladder predictor would of been handy if Raynor had of kicked straight and knocked off North......go doggies this week

Need the hawks to beat Geelong.
Need WCE and pies to beat port as well.
Sydney to keep on losing

They've been a whole lot less likeable since Jimmy Bartel retired.

Man Bartel is great at everything, he's probably the best player to come into the media over the past 10 years.

I'd be so ******* relaxed if we just knocked off Geelong in one of those two games. We'd basically be a lock.

I will hb excited if we win this week becsude I THINK we'd be in, but it'd be even better to be MATHEMATICALLY certain.

We also have a few tired looking younger players so that bye could do wonders for our chance of winning a final, if we make it.

upload_2018-8-6_13-1-20.png
Been holding off predicting but * it - passing the time at work. I've got us in an Elimination final against Port in Adelaide after beating Sydney but losing to WC and GWS. We definitely need at least one more win to make it

The road ahead of us is ours. We simply must win in the next three weeks. Drop all three games and we're in a bad spot. And it starts this weekend against Sydney. Time to step up

On ladder predictor i've conceded Hawthorn will make finals. If they beat Geelong this weekend, it sends Geelong into the pack with us. Hawthorn would have to lose all three to miss including to the Saints. If we lose to Sydney, they might play Hawthorn for a spot in finals, which makes matters worse.

Worst out comes for me

Round 21
Bad
Losing to Sydney
Hawthorn vs Geelong - Either way is going to impact us, at this point i'm leaning toward the hawks
Port Adelaide beat West Coast - Would rather West Coast travel to Adelaide and consolidate 2nd spot
Good
Bulldogs beat North
Adelaide beat GWS
Brisbane upset Collingwood

Round 22
Bad
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide - Another Either way clash, leaning toward Collingwood winning
Sydney beat GWS - If they beat us and then beat the Giants they might cement a spot
North beating Adelaide - Keeps North in the race
Good
Beating West Coast - Win Sydney and West Coast i reckon we're safe
Freo upsetting Geelong
Saints upsetting Hawthorn

Round 23
Bad
Sydney winning, if we drop out clash with them
Losing to GWS
North Winning if they beat Adelaide week previous.
Good
Essendon beating Port
Gold Coast going for another upset of the century against Geelong in Geelong
Freo beating Collingwood
Beating GWS
North losing to St Kilda

Will probably be a mile off the mark , but Have a feeling Brisbane could get Collingwood this week at Etihad. At the g wouldn’t give them a chance but they’ve always played well at Etihad even when they’ve been rubbish. Pies don’t play well there plus there is only so many injuries a team can get. Haven’t seen the incident but there was talk Pendlebury could be in trouble with a suspension as well

Hawks Geelong game is basically irrelevant to our top 8 chances if we beat Sydney. If Hawthorn win Geelong can't finish higher than us. If Geelong win Hawthorn and Sydney still have to face each other and that means and that one of Sydney and Hawthorn can't finish higher than us. Unless they draw then there is a tiny chance Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn can finish higher than us. So probably prefer for Geelong to win to knock Hawthorn down out of the top 4 race.

Hawks Geelong game is basically irrelevant to our top 8 chances if we beat Sydney. If Hawthorn win Geelong can't finish higher than us. If Geelong win Hawthorn and Sydney still have to face each other and that means and that one of Sydney and Hawthorn can't finish higher than us. Unless they draw then there is a tiny chance Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn can finish higher than us. So probably prefer for Geelong to win to knock Hawthorn down out of the top 4 race.
Geelong would have to make up 36 or 37 goals in % on us. It’s unlikely but It would be just our luck for them to beat Gold Coast in round 23 by 170 points and for us to finish with 13 Wins,130% and miss out on % again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To make things really simple for Round 21: the best result is for us to win, and for both Geelong and North Melbourne to lose.

This would mean that they are both two games behind us outside the 8, so the best they could by the end of Round 23 is catch us on points. To make up the percentage gap, we would have to lose the remaining two games by 10+ goals, while they would both need to win their remaining games by 10+ goals... unlikely.

To make things really simple for Round 21: the best result is for us to win, and for both Geelong and North Melbourne to lose.

This would mean that they are both two games behind us outside the 8, so the best they could by the end of Round 23 is catch us on points. To make up the percentage gap, we would have to lose the remaining two games by 10+ goals, while they would both need to win their remaining games by 10+ goals... unlikely.

Pretty much, we could be all but in this week if results go our way.

How about we just keep winning and finish top four?

Crazy idea I know, but if we keep winning my ladder predictor has us making finals. Another option is for all top 8 teams to keep losing. Has a similar effect.

I think we will beat Swans, Eagles and the Giants.
Since you may well have wrestled your way out of a straight-jacket in order to post that, then I think you deserve to think as many nice things as you please.

How about we just keep winning and finish top four?

Crazy idea I know, but if we keep winning my ladder predictor has us making finals. Another option is for all top 8 teams to keep losing. Has a similar effect.
Yeah the opportunity is there. Win three games in a row and all of a sudden we have a home final against the Eagles at the G AND a double chance. That's about as good of a shot at making the prelims as you're gonna get. Has to be the sole focus at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back