What's Happened to Mason Cox's Kicking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously still needs work on consistently dropping the ball from the same spot and his ball drop in general, which explains why he can only probably hit 2 or 3/10 from long range. Slight injury probably hasn't helped either

Big Cox having trouble getting it up you say?

The positive is that he doesn't spay them and when they fall short most have gone to the goal line and the ball drops in front the goal square to a dangerous spot, we capitalise on these More often than not. He usually learns from it and bangs the next one through. Yeah I'd love for him to be putting most away like earlier but it's not a major concern for me yet.
Did cost us the Sydney game.

Actually, I said something similar to a friend jokingly... 'he can't straighten his leg and kick through as too long'.
If he straightened his leg, contact would take place over the horizon....
He could seriously harm a few spectators as well.

Oi 'eard a roomur dat he be dingle dangle wid 'is ball droppings ..
It be a case o da stiff drink fix him roight up!!! (guffaw/nudge and break random glass ware at such ground breaking comedy.... )

Cox can kick an easy 55. He kicks it from about 55 during pre game warm ups all the time. 60 is probably his absolute range limit on a good day with a bit of breeze. Probably just trying to protect his hamstrings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he warms up by slamming em 55 and then protects his hammies once he is warm - must be a Yankee thing :p

I tend to think it is an accuracy thing - the trajectory is about how low he hits the ball and yet he seems to get better height and distance on his field kicks. Something about his goal kicking routine seems to have been altered to produce this lower ball contact , presumably something he associates with better accuracy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back