Media What's in a name?

Hmmn. I associated Sin City with Sydney when I started. This was reinforced by the sprinkle of Bloods fans on their list.

Even the Swamprats name struck me as a reference to the loathed Pratt family who played a role in South's exile. Talk of over reading.

Personally I am not a fan about use of American locations but I doubt such names are deal breakers.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
I told you we were the Hawthorn of the Sweet F.A. Surely that says it all!
3B2636C4-7265-41C7-9252-2D9ADC2F3F14.jpeg

This bloke doesn’t coach your Sweet team as well by any chance?

Sydney being called sin city is from the 60's 70's and 80's

Most the rest of the country had borderline puritan liquor laws regarding closing times, pokies were illegal, and our vice squads actually tried to stop prostitution.

Head to the cross, and it was Disneyland for adults back then. Hence the sin city moniker, because it was the place everyone outside Sydney came when they wanted to get their skank on

Thanks for that Alan Jones.

Shush shush, you're allowed an opinion on footy when your team has won a flag

As if we have enough money to hire a coach, jackster83 blew most of it on booze after the flag and Nunez spent the rest on a one way flight to The Bahamas

And the Bahamas were good to me. Quarantine exists for everyone but celebrities. 😎

Hmmn. I associated Sin City with Sydney when I started. This was reinforced by the sprinkle of Bloods fans on their list.

Even the Swamprats name struck me as a reference to the loathed Pratt family who played a role in South's exile. Talk of over reading.

Personally I am not a fan about use of American locations but I doubt such names are deal breakers.

They're certainly not dealbreakers.
But when they're the first thing you see of a new bid, they're not very good names and it would mean that over 1/3rd (I think that maths is correct Elton Johns Wig ) of the comp is American based - it certainly isn't going to get you off to a good start.

That's a cool connection to draw, it's like people who thought my SM stood for South Melbourne.

Bit harsh, mate.

Ned_Flanders may be a fat, racist, xenophobic, bigoted, anti-expansionist, Tony-Abbott-defending, corrupt-to-the-core, RWNJ, but he's not a pedo.

Bit harsh, mate.

Tony Lynn 15 may be a sexist, ageist, classist, beezist, womanising-alcoholic-communist, but he's not a racist.

How good is alcohol and woman.....in that order.

I think if the Vampires make a bid in the future, they should change Pennsylvania to Castlevania and corner the gamer market.

Back