Golf What's in your bag

Hi all I know there is an equipment discussion on this board but I like to see what others are using and feedback..

Me
Driver - Ping Anser driver 9.5 degree adjusted to 10 degree / fujikura blur x flex 75 gram shaft

Fairway - Ping G2 17 degree 5 wood / fujikura speeder x flex 75 gram shaft

Rescue - Ping i20 20 degree/ fujikura blur x flex 95 gram shaft

Irons - 4-PW - Ping Anser forged irons / 1/4 inch shorter than standard / 1 degree flat / tour issue X100 dynamic gold shafts

Wedges - 50,54,58 degree Cleveland 588 Rtg /1 degree flat /' tour issue X100 dynamic gold shafts

Putter - Taylor made white spider centre shaft with 2 x 10 gram weights

All grips Lamkin crossline

Of all these the fairway wood has been in the bag for 10 years, the irons about a year, the driver and rescue 2 months and the wedges are fairly new.
I had never really used ping irons since the eye 2 line 20 years ago and I can report the feedback from the Anser irons are fantastic and well worth the investment.

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Just posted this in the equipment thread

This is my first proper set of clubs after having only played 3 games in 15 odd years. Played quite a lot as a 10 - 12yr old so looking forward to getting back into it. As you can see most of my clubs are game improvement. Tried to find the best set I could under $1,000. These were all tried out at the pro shop but purchased online.

Callaway Razr Black driver
Callaway Razr Black fairway wood
Callaway X Hl Hybrid
Ping G20 4 to PW
Cleveland CG15 Tour Zip satin chrome SW
Odyssey white ice 2 ball putter

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cobra S9-1 Driver Matrix OZIK 6 shaft
Ping G5 Tour issue 15 deg FW Graffaloy ProLite
Taylormade 19 deg TP rescue Mitsubishi Fubuki
Taylormade TP2 Irons Dynamic Gold S300
Ping Tour S 56' and 60'
Odyssey 2Ball - Centreshaft

On the market for a new set of irons and seriously considering the Ping Answers with Project X-6.0

Never thought I would own a Cobra driver (Always had Titleist drivers) however between the 905R and the 913, Titleist have made a lot of ordinary drivers in my opinion. This Cobra thing just suits me down to the ground, great flight and very workable...

Cobra S9-1 Driver Matrix OZIK 6 shaft
Ping G5 Tour issue 15 deg FW Graffaloy ProLite
Taylormade 19 deg TP rescue Mitsubishi Fubuki
Taylormade TP2 Irons Dynamic Gold S300
Ping Tour S 56' and 60'
Odyssey 2Ball - Centreshaft

On the market for a new set of irons and seriously considering the Ping Answers with Project X-6.0

Never thought I would own a Cobra driver (Always had Titleist drivers) however between the 905R and the 913, Titleist have made a lot of ordinary drivers in my opinion. This Cobra thing just suits me down to the ground, great flight and very workable...

It's a funny thing I have tried heaps of titleist drivers and I like the way they look and sit but can never get decent feel out of one.. Same could be said for the white drivers from Taylor made.. All looks and no go for me..

Just posted this in the equipment thread

This is my first proper set of clubs after having only played 3 games in 15 odd years. Played quite a lot as a 10 - 12yr old so looking forward to getting back into it. As you can see most of my clubs are game improvement. Tried to find the best set I could under $1,000. These were all tried out at the pro shop but purchased online.

Callaway Razr Black driver
Callaway Razr Black fairway wood
Callaway X Hl Hybrid
Ping G20 4 to PW
Cleveland CG15 Tour Zip satin chrome SW
Odyssey white ice 2 ball putter

Those razor black drivers go miles.. I unfortunately can't hit the golf course with the one I tried though!!

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's a funny thing I have tried heaps of titleist drivers and I like the way they look and sit but can never get decent feel out of one.. Same could be said for the white drivers from Taylor made.. All looks and no go for me..

I was in LOVE with my Titleist 983K and then after that the 905R back in the day after that they went with the triangle D1, Standard D2, and Deeper faced D3 for about 6-7 years and I could never get a strong flight out of any of them, didn't seem to matter what shaft. I am told the latest 913 is a beast!

I was in LOVE with my Titleist 983K and then after that the 905R back in the day after that they went with the triangle D1, Standard D2, and Deeper faced D3 for about 6-7 years and I could never get a strong flight out of any of them, didn't seem to matter what shaft. I am told the latest 913 is a beast!
Yeah a mate has one and reckons its the goods..He seems to hit it straighter than this 910..

That triangle driver was a bucket of pus..

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Callaway Razr Black 10.5% driver
Callaway Razr Black 3 fairway
Callaway X 3 Hybrid (on its way in the post from america, hurry up ffs)
Cougar cheap generic irons i got about 7 years ago
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter (in the mail with the hybrid)

So been on and off golfing for a while. Decided to make it my new sport now that I don't play cricket anymore. Went and got fitted for new driver and got the free fairway wood deal that Callaway were offering. Since then had a couple of clinics and improved heaps. Now my driver is just launching way to high - its really got too much angle.

On that note im just going to keep what I have until my improvement levels out a little, then get fitted up for new irons and maybe a new driver then. Good driver just a waste of money now it goes up almost as high as it goes long :p

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Ping i20 9.5 - Project X 6.5 69g shaft

Titleist 906 F2 15 degree - Graphite Design YS-6 FW+ 69 gram shaft

Mizuno Mp57 3-PW - Project X 5.5 shafts - 1/2 Inch over, 2 degrees upright

Cleveland Tour Action 588 52, 56, 60 - True Temper Concept Wedge shafts

Ping Karsten Anser 2 2007 model, black dot

Nike One Tour ball

Ping i20 9.5 - Project X 6.5 69g shaft

Titleist 906 F2 15 degree - Graphite Design YS-6 FW+ 69 gram shaft

Mizuno Mp57 3-PW - Project X 5.5 shafts - 1/2 Inch over, 2 degrees upright

Cleveland Tour Action 588 52, 56, 60 - True Temper Concept Wedge shafts

Ping Karsten Anser 2 2007 model, black dot

Nike One Tour ball

Nice set of irons there..

Taylormade RBZ Tour 9 degree Driver
Taylormade R11 3 Wood
Taylormade Rescue 09 Hybrid 19 degree
Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 4-PW
Cleveland CG15 Wedges 52,56,60
Odyssey Metal x 1 putter

Did you try the R11 as well? what made you choose the RBZ? and i like the 9 degree option as well.. what shaft are you using?

Very nice set - what handicap do you play off?

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Did you try the R11 as well? what made you choose the RBZ? and i like the 9 degree option as well.. what shaft are you using?

Very nice set - what handicap do you play off?

Standard Stock at the Moment. Will upgrade it soon. Prefered the Feel of it over R11s. No handicap. Shoot High 70's sometimes low 80's. I do love my r11 3 wood.

Taylormade R11s Driver RH (Bought it second hand fairly cheap, use it at 9.5 degrees)
PowerBilt Air Force One 3 Wood RH
PowerBilt Air Force One 03 Hybrid RH
Taylormade R11 Irons 4-9 RH
PowerBilt Air Force One 50, 55 & 60 Wedges - all RH
Callaway X16 Pro Series 5 Iron LH
Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Putter LH

I've also got a Nike Tour bag that came as part of a deal for my irons which I use on a buggy. All clubs have standard shafts and grips. I figure at this point I should just concentrate on hitting the ball straight and consistently. Someone at my level doesn't need to over-think things just yet. I had the irons fitted and bought them online. They were so much cheaper than anywhere around here. The 3 Wood, Hybrid and Wedges are all fairly cheap, but again, they are fine for someone like me.

I'm happy with how I'm playing at the moment. My driving has gone a bit wayward. I was hitting fairly straight with a slight draw but something has gone awry and I've been putting mega slices from the tee in the past couple of weeks. The irons are fairly consistent and forgiving, which is a plus. Wedges and putting are slightly inconsistent but improving. At best I'm probably shooting around 84-86. with 89-90 being average. At worst it would probably be 94-96 if I'm really off my game or in difficult conditions.

All in all, I'm pretty happy.

Atheist - where do you play?
My local course is Moe but I try to get around to other courses in the area. It's difficult to find time to experience any other courses.

neroblack

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Ping K15 Driver, 10.5 degree
Ping G15 3 Wood
Callaway Diablo Edge 3 and 4 hybrids
Cleveland CG7 irons, 5 to PW
Cleveland CG16 Wedges, 52 and 56
Odessey White Ice Putter

Pretty happy with everything for now, although I need to get something between the 3 wood and 3 hybrid I think..

Sep 24, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Phili Eagles + Sixers
Clubs are still a work in progress but i am almost there.

TaylorMade R11s driver:
R11s.jpg

TaylorMade RBZ irons 4-PW:
RBZ Irons.jpg
TaylorMade Ghost broomstick putter:
Ghost putter.jpg
Clevelend CG15 Tour Zip Black Pearl Wedge, 52 degree:
Clevelend Wedge.jpg

At the moment for my fairway woods and hybrid i use my old clubs which were from a cheap set i got a few years ago. Hit them ok but obviously it's my next point of upgrade. Looking very closely at the RBZ's for those as well.

RBZ bag with a Clicgear buggy.

Drewpac

Rookie
Feb 3, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
i have:
Taylormade RBZ Driver 10.5
Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid
Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons 4-PW
Taylormade ATV 60 deg wedge
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 putter

Can't hit the hybrid or long irons at all. Only been playing for 6 months

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
i have:
Taylormade RBZ Driver 10.5
Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid
Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons 4-PW
Taylormade ATV 60 deg wedge
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 putter

Can't hit the hybrid or long irons at all. Only been playing for 6 months
Nice Bag. How do you find the ATV wedge?

YAZZ#13

Senior List
Feb 28, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Titleist 910 D3 9.5 degree driver (standard setting) with ahina x-flex shaft
Titleist 910F 15 degree (set at 14.25 degrees) fairway wood with ahina x-flex shaft
Cleavland Halo 19 degree hybrid
Cobra AMP irons 4-PW stiff shafts
Cobra trusty rusty 55 degree SW
Odessey white hot rossie putter

Just got my fairway wood a few weeks ago cheap as chips as they're clearing out the 910 stock before the 913's come in and I absolutely love it. At my home course a lot of the par 4's are too short for my driver (dog legs, water, etc) and the fairway wood off the tee and off the deck has been working a treat!!

Parquet Court

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Cleveland launcher 9deg with kikuma shaft S
RBZ 3 wood, standard shaft S, 15deg
Burner rescue 19deg
RBZ 4-P, dynamic gold shafts, S
TM ATZ 52deg wedge
Cleveland 588, 56 and 60deg - 8 bounce
TM ghost tour putter, 6degs, 2degs upright

Either use the penta or pro V1x, depends on funds. Don't mind the srixon z star either

Back