Roast What's Jim Main got against Carlton ??

Remove this Banner Ad

lionel_luthor

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 23, 2011
Smallville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mel Heart, Leeds Utd
I have been buying and reading Inside Football since 1996 and there is no disgusing the contempt the grumpy old Geezer Jimmy Main has for Carlton.

He is always rude to most Blues fans who write into his column, often moans that Carlton was not punished far enough for salary cap rorts and every week this season he has been obsessing about Chris Judd supposedly being a cheat and umpires favourite, which is ironic as a Swans fan, Sydney have arguably the biggest umpires pet and sniper ever in Adam Goodes.

I still buy IF each week cause i really enjoy Russell Holmesby, Robert Shaw, Mark Fine's columns and the VFL/state league wrap and David Rhys-Jones weekly interviews are a must read, but i have had it with bitter Main and his Up Yours column,
Supposedly journalists are meant to be impartial and even-handed when covering all teams in any Sport.

I had no idea who Jim Main is before this thread so I find it hard to care. What I can say is that I'm sure alot of people share his views, theres bound to be a couple of people among those hordes who majored in journalism and can have their opinions heard. Water off a ducks back, and all that jazz..

• Banned
I had no idea who Jim Main is before this thread so I find it hard to care. What I can say is that I'm sure alot of people share his views, theres bound to be a couple of people among those hordes who majored in journalism and can have their opinions heard. Water off a ducks back, and all that jazz..

Well yes i suppose i shouldn't let it Bother me so much, but it just annoys me how Damn pompous Main is, he suggested Sherman should have gotten two years for racial abuse, which is utter bollocks. If you go past a newsagent and see a copy of Inside Football sometime, pick it up and read the Main letters column, each week he'll take another unsubtle pot shot at Carlton

But I guess what is annoying me the most is his crusade to besmirch Chris Judd's name and reputation and implying that is a cheat.

Jim Main is the Andrew Bolt of football journalists.

Jim Main is a cranky old bastard who should have retired years ago.

Was a solid sports commentator back in the day but now well past it.

Jim Main, like Inside Football, was last relevant in the 1980's.

He's a long-time Carlton hater so don't worry about it mate.

He's not the only one in the media like this either, it's just something we have to put up with.

Other than the State League wrap up, IF is the worst magazine going around. Genuinely shocked that someone still buys it.

Sounds like one of many people who grew up in an age where they witnessed their team get beaten by the mighty Blues year after year and were happy to kick us when we were down, but are now upset that we've risen again.

He should take the hint from another well past it and irrelevant Carlton Hater in Keith McGowan and just retire - but its probably only his bitter and twisted bile that is keeping him alive. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back