What's on your Bucket List?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its definitely on mine, but read somewhere they are only accepting 200 or 400 visitors per day and a permit is required.
So check it out before you go. I hear there are plenty of disappointed tourists who cant get on the ruins.
A friend of the missus's just came back from over there, and she reckons that the government is planning to rope it all off from tourists in the next year or two.

A friend of the missus's just came back from over there, and she reckons that the government is planning to rope it all off from tourists in the next year or two.

Its sad to say it but tourism is killing the place.

Machu Picchu.
ever since i was a young lad always wanted to travel to this part of the world, have been fascinated with the History, Culture, topography and the people. I will one day when i escape the rat race. I have done Europe and the US to death. My wish would be to motorcycle from Mexico through central america and down to South America.

Machu Picchu.
ever since i was a young lad always wanted to travel to this part of the world, have been fascinated with the History, Culture, topography and the people. I will one day when i escape the rat race. I have done Europe and the US to death. My wish would be to motorcycle from Mexico through central america and down to South America.

Some of those Mayan sites would be amazing.

Machu Piccu would have been Incan, but yeah the Mayan sites around southern Mexico and Guatemala would be really cool to experience

Yep. It is Incan.

There's a cool Aztec exhibition on in Melbourne right now. Blood thirsty bastards.

Yep. It is Incan.

There's a cool Aztec exhibition on in Melbourne right now. Blood thirsty bastards.

Heh. My wife was born in El Salvador and she's descended from indigenous Salvadoran stock (the "Pipil" or "Cuzcatlecs") which is an off-shoot of the Aztecs. Explains a lot. ;)

Heh. My wife was born in El Salvador and she's descended from indigenous Salvadoran stock (the "Pipil" or "Cuzcatlecs") which is an off-shoot of the Aztecs. Explains a lot. ;)

Hahaha... more the religious beliefs, rather than genetics, so can only explain so much!

Always wanted to visit Angel Falls in Venezuela...

owCdNHp.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-27_18-46-45.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-27_18-46-45.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 101
1. Give up smoking. Been smoking since I was 13. Just over it.
2. Climb Mount Everest.
3. Do the Kokoda trail.
4. Visit the Valley of the Kings
5. Visit Antartica. Would love to do the Mawson track.
6. Trail bike/ horse ride the Grand Canyon
7. Go bungee jumping
8. Have a kid
9. Enjoy life
10. Die knowing that my life wasn’t in vain!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After visiting the Kimberly in June last year I would recommend this being on your bucket list.

One of the last great wilderness areas and well worth the visit.

Some area already are getting quite busy with grey nomads invading each dry season.

Mine's relatively simple, I want to set foot on every continent on the planet before I die, including Antarctica. So far I've done 4 out of 7: Australia, Asia, North America and Europe. South America, Africa and Antarctica to go.

Heading to Germany in May - got invited to join some international conference thing for work and have added a week days on each side.

Really pumped - I never really travelled after uni (saved cash and bought a house instead) and after having kids kinda thought I never would, but this has opened the door for a new life experience.

Wonder what else this year will bring.

Grew up in Tonga. Want to go back there, and bookend a day on one of the smaller islands, watch the sunrise over the ocean, walk fifty metres and watch the sun set over the ocean.

Great stuff. I'm fortunate, or I did when I drank, to have a brother whose trade is high-end wine. Had some amazing bottles over the years. On a milestone birthday for a close family member he somehow unveiled a bottle of 1936 d'Yquem to finish the night off. Spectacular.

But yes, getting your mouth around a first growth is pretty spectacular. I've had Margaux before. Never tried Mouton Rothschild though.[/QUOTE

I'm guessing it's better than a nice chilled bottle of "cold duck"?

I don't have much on my bucket list.
Reef fishing with my boys for one.

I've been super lucky to have knocked off a ridiculous amount of bucket list items in the last 2 years.
Travelled overseas. (Europe and all the bucket list destinations that came with it. Plus Thailand and New Zealand).
Played in a senior grand final (still need to win 1. 0-2 so far).
Gotten engaged.
Bought a house.
Visited Parkway Drive (anyone who knows the band will know the significance of visiting the actual street in Byron bay).
Went sky diving (in the Swiss Alps no less).
Leant to water ski.
Donated Blood (Was getting tattooed every year so could never do it).
Actually saw snow for the first time and tried snowboarding.

It's mostly been thanks to my fiance'. my previous girlfriend was a bit of recluse in retrospect. Only cared about her small town friends and family and getting a career. Never wanted to try and do anything else. I always wanted to have all those adventures I listed but just needed someone to kick me in the butt to get it done. Was lucky enough to share all of it with the girl i'm going to marry in November.

Anything is possible if you want it badly enough!

Gettable:
- Write a book...
- Record and release a CD or 20...or the equivalent in downloads on Spotify or iTunes or however it works these days...30 years as a pro/semi-pro gigging muso, and I only just got my first recording credit a month ago, on a local mate's CD we're promoting this month...
- Go to more other countries...so far it's 7 if you don't count flying over...ok, 5 then, because 2 hour stopovers in Auckland and Malaysian airports don't count as tourist visits...off to England and Europe (including Iceland!) next year to see wife's family and her 50th. I'm not specifying "Macchu Picchu" as some above have, because I really don't care where I go, tbh. There's too many icons to be picky, but one left of field one - I'd like to stand in the middle of the cornfields in Kansas, on the stereotypical crossroads, like you often see on tv...!
- Build an amphibious vehicle...yes, I'm serious...! At the moment, it's a bike with floats and propellers on the drawing board...trying to think of ways to fit a motor in there somewhere...! An airboat would be awesome...
- Presently trying to find a wood plank steamer, so I can shape boards and build a wooden boat...would love to make either a Viking or Ancient Greek replica...

Very unlikely:
- Get a pilot's licence...
- Make this band idea in my head finally exist...long explanation, but there's not much up here in FNQ...

Almost impossible:
- Fly in a Spitfire...you need a pilot's licence specifying you can fly RAF planes...
- Go to a Superbowl...

Last edited:
Learn a different language.

I've been able to complete anything I've set my mind to in the past, and think I'm reasonably intelligent, but I've never been able to learn another language. Just one of those things that has always been too much for me.

My wife is Filipino, so I'd love to learn Tagalog.

Gettable:
- Write a book...
- Record and release a CD or 20...or the equivalent in downloads on Spotify or iTunes or however it works these days...30 years as a pro/semi-pro gigging muso, and I only just got my first recording credit a month ago, on a local mate's CD we're promoting this month...
- Go to more other countries...so far it's 7 if you don't count flying over...ok, 5 then, because 2 hour stopovers in Auckland and Malaysian airports don't count as tourist visits...off to England and Europe (including Iceland!) next year to see wife's family and her 50th. I'm not specifying "Macchu Picchu" as some above have, because I really don't care where I go, tbh. There's too many icons to be picky, but one left of field one - I'd like to stand in the middle of the cornfields in Kansas, on the stereotypical crossroads, like you often see on tv...!
- Build an amphibious vehicle...yes, I'm serious...! At the moment, it's a bike with floats and propellers on the drawing board...trying to think of ways to fit a motor in there somewhere...! An airboat would be awesome...

Very unlikely:
- Get a pilot's licence...
- Make this band idea in my head finally exist...long explanation, but there's not much up here in FNQ...

Almost impossible:
- Fly in a Spitfire...you need a pilot's licence specifying you can fly RAF planes...
- Go to a Superbowl...
Chip away at that pilots license mate.
Or do this
http://www.boultbeeflightacademy.co.uk/

Thanks man...I felt like Homer buying his new camper van, though, as I went down through the various price options and eventually arrived at the simulator...!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back