What's on your C.D. changer in the car at the moment?

Remove this Banner Ad

When we were discussing PK's amazing back catalogue earlier in the thread, I wasn't even taking into account all the fine side-project and collaborative work he's done. Not only is the man a national treasure he's a goddamn prolific one, too. My favourite tangent being the Uncle Bill stuff. Saw them play at 3RRR rooftop thingy a ways back, and they were fantastic.

More PK gold....

Brett33, I have Refused in the car and it still gets a shellacking. Never got into their other stuff but that album is still a gamechanger.
Mogwai - Mr Beast
Soundgarden - King Animal
Mudvayne - The end of things to come
12 Ft Ninja - Silent Machine
Turbowolf - Turbowolf

It sure is. Liberation Frequency and Deadly Rhythm are on another level. Such a well crafted album.

Love the finish too!

Petrol bombs and barricades
Anything to have our say
Consequence of no choice at all
Empires rise and empires fall
It's time to flip some coins and
It's time to turn some tables
Cause if we have the vision I know that we are able
Suck on my words for a while and
Choke on the truth of a million dead
There is no prestige in your title
We are after your head
The destruction of everything
Is the creation of something new
Your new world order is on fire
And soon you'll be too
Sabotage will set us free
Throw a rock in the machine

Agree. I saw my favourite band play a few years ago and a young teeny bopper and her friend were screaming all the words. I pay to see a performance, if I want to see that garbage I'll go down to the local karaoke joint.

Disagree with this one. I'm no teeny bopper but live music has to be enjoyed. Some zone out, some sing every line. That's what makes a gig so good and not like a CD/mp3/7" single :) .

It means different things to different people.

Disagree with this one. I'm no teeny bopper but live music has to be enjoyed. Some zone out, some sing every line. That's what makes a gig so good and not like a CD/mp3/7" single :) .

It means different things to different people.

I agree for some bands. When I saw arctic monkeys you couldn't help but sing along. Sometimes it's needed because bands can be awful live or the energy is unreal.
My favourite band + my favourite song = STFU

I agree for some bands. When I saw arctic monkeys you couldn't help but sing along. Sometimes it's needed because bands can be awful live or the energy is unreal.
My favourite band + my favourite song = STFU

It's great when the entire audience is singing along spontaneously, especially when the band stops and the audience keeps going. Sitting or standing near a few singers would be like sitting right in front of the Fanatics at the tennis.

There's also people who insist on standing up and dancing in their seats. This happened near us at Springsteen and it was only his second song. It almost started a punch on between the solo dancing/arm waving 40-something dude and the pensioner who couldn't see.

A gentle push in the dark and dancing dude might have ended up 3 or 4 rows closer to the stage. :p

It's finally happened - I've managed to kill the CD player in my car. :( Luckily I was only 15 minutes from home on a trip back from Melbourne - I would have driven everyone insane (including myself) if we'd had to listen to the radio all the way home (I have an annoying habit of constantly flicking from one station to the next). Was listening to this song before s**t got serious.

It's finally happened - I've managed to kill the CD player in my car. :( Luckily I was only 15 minutes from home on a trip back from Melbourne - I would have driven everyone insane (including myself) if we'd had to listen to the radio all the way home (I have an annoying habit of constantly flicking from one station to the next). Was listening to this song before s**t got serious.

The timing of your post is amazing RoOGrrrl. Just been listening to John Fogarty on the Studio Channel through Foxtel and his "Long Way Home" concert from 2005. On now as I type is "Willie and the Poor Boys", one of the very many of their tracks that I used to love listening to back in the late 1960's and 1970's (when I should have been studying instead of just bumming around.)

Earlier this week I saw a review of CCR on the same channel, talking about the band with Stu Cook the main contributor.

I have to confess that I had sort of forgotten about one of my favourite bands from that era and listening again today, I realise just how good they were. All of the favourites from that era were sung in the Long Way Home. As good (or maybe better) as they were back there. Would love to see them live in concert but probably never going to happen.

"Up around the bend" on now. Sensational.

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts -GH
Metallica - MOP
Classical music - compilations
CCR - best of
French music - compilation
The Angels - Skin & Bone

The timing of your post is amazing RoOGrrrl. Just been listening to John Fogarty on the Studio Channel through Foxtel and his "Long Way Home" concert from 2005. On now as I type is "Willie and the Poor Boys", one of the very many of their tracks that I used to love listening to back in the late 1960's and 1970's (when I should have been studying instead of just bumming around.)

Earlier this week I saw a review of CCR on the same channel, talking about the band with Stu Cook the main contributor.

I have to confess that I had sort of forgotten about one of my favourite bands from that era and listening again today, I realise just how good they were. All of the favourites from that era were sung in the Long Way Home. As good (or maybe better) as they were back there. Would love to see them live in concert but probably never going to happen.

"Up around the bend" on now. Sensational.

How good were they? Just really timeless, classic rock 'n' roll. I grew up listening to them via my father and my two older brothers, and now my boys' are really getting into their music. I had to laugh when I was at my local a few weeks ago. I played "Hey, Tonight" on the jukebox and a younger girl pulled a face when it came on. "It's Creedence!" I said, increduously. I mean, who doesn't like CCR, right? It would be like not having an appreciation for Elvis or Bing Crosby. Fantastic artists of their era and still very much- loved today.

On a different note, I watched part of a concert for iTunes of The Lumineers a few days ago on the television. I quite like those guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I got my new car a couple of months back and it has Dual SD slots and an internal SSD, so now i have access to my whole music collection in the car. Have loaded the internal SSD with the albums that got voted into the top 100 of the Rolling Stones greatest albums and trying to work my way through them.

Currently listening to Carole King - Tapestry, Phil Spector - Back to Mono and Joni Mitchell - Blue

Mixing that up with Tokyo Police Club - Forcefield and Lykke Li - I Never Learn so I don't feel too old

So I got my new car a couple of months back and it has Dual SD slots and an internal SSD, so now i have access to my whole music collection in the car. Have loaded the internal SSD with the albums that got voted into the top 100 of the Rolling Stones greatest albums and trying to work my way through them.

Currently listening to Carole King - Tapestry, Phil Spector - Back to Mono and Joni Mitchell - Blue

Mixing that up with Tokyo Police Club - Forcefield and Lykke Li - I Never Learn so I don't feel too old

I bought a new Mazda 2 this year which has USB connectivity to devices, but not if you own anything other than an iPod or iPhone. I'm still loading my entire music collection onto a USB so I can actually listen to it. I'm slack though and have only done ten albums, half of which are by Tool. I'm hearing those songs in my sleep by this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back