Family & Relationships What's the best date you have ever been on and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tinder. It was one of those meet ups that really happened quickly, she mentioned how she had some tabs (didn't ask where she got them from), and both were saying how we had never tried it but were curious about it. So she came over and we just took it. The funny thing is I have done it again since and the experience was a million times different, I was up and about and fully immersed in the situation, but this one time was just ******.

I messaged her a day or two later and she just never replied and ghosted me, so she probably just had an awful time.

Interesting story nonetheless.
It might not have been LSD but something like 25l-NBOMe which has been going around for the last couple years and sold as acid

I took that girl on the hood of her car in the alley way, cleaned myself up, gave her my number told her to go, we'll catch up, fixed up my hair and clothes and walked back inside and apologized to my date for being 20 minutes late. She was totally cool. Ended up back at her place, a fling that lasted a few months before I had to leave town once again on a midnight train

To Georgia?

This'll change the tone of the thread, but * you all and your wannabe Penthouse forum s**t!

I probably wouldn't even discuss this if I hadn't had a shitty few days at work and drunk a whole bottle of whiskey tonight - I've always retained anonymity on BF, but a couple of people I know have identified me, and they don't even know about what I'm going to say here (I don't know how active they are, or the extent to which they stalk me on BF.)

The best date I ever went on was a few months ago... with a guy called Aaron. I grew up in a small, backwards city in a Catholic family, I went to Catholic schools and, while I knew gay people, I don't think I ever met a man who identified as bisexual before I left Tasmania (though I do think I understood that bisexual people - especially men - were somewhat marginalised even within the LGBTIQ+ community.) My bisexuality never even occurred to me til I was 30. It was still a few years after that before I was prepared to begin accepting it.

Aaron was the first guy I'd ever been on a date with, and it went nowhere. He was a good looking guy and was "my type", but there was no chemistry, and we didn't speak again after that first date. But it was a giant leap to me accepting who and what I was... even if that realisation came 20 years later than it might've come given a different upbringing, a different family, a different home town etc. I've gone beyond that since then, but I'll always remember him for what that date taught me about myself.

Last edited:
This'll change the tone of the thread, but **** you all and your wannabe Penthouse forum s**t!

I probably wouldn't even discuss this if I hadn't had a shitty few days at work and drunk a whole bottle of whiskey tonight - I've always retained anonymity on BF, but a couple of people I know have identified me, and they don't even know about what I'm going to say here (I don't know how active they are, or the extent to which they stalk me on BF.)

The best date I ever went on was a few months ago... with a guy called Aaron. I grew up in a small, backwards city in a Catholic family, I went to Catholic schools and, while I knew gay people, I don't think I ever met a man who identified as bisexual before I left Tasmania (though I do think I understood that bisexual people - especially men - were somewhat marginalised even within the LGBTIQ+ community.) My bisexuality never even occurred to me til I was 30. It was still a few years after that before I was prepared to begin accepting it.

Aaron was the first guy I'd ever been on a date with, and it went nowhere. He was a good looking guy and was "my type", but there was no chemistry, and we didn't speak again after that first date. But it was a giant leap to me accepting who and what I was... even if that realisation came 20 years later than it might've come given a different upbringing, a different family, a different home town etc. I've gone beyond that since then, but I'll always remember him for what that date taught me about myself.

Hey GG. This is how you craft a real story.

Honestly most of my dates were going for a drink with someone. Mostly because I wanted to have beers and none of my mates were free, but there's a casualness to it I always liked. You show em your pub and where you drink and who you are, it's casual, you have a nice chat, you can improvise and take the piss. Plus it's easy to balance the payment and stuff and if girls don't wanna pay more they conk out of drinking. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't but having a night with someone and a few drinks is a decent human exchange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back